Throwback Thread - Flavor of Love

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Los216 wrote: »
    Ain't it funny how people talk negative about this show yet The Bachelor and The Bachelorette get special treatment like it ain't the same ? ........
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    Ain't it funny how people talk negative about this show yet The Bachelor and The Bachelorette get special treatment like it ain't the same ? ........

That's because Flavor of Love was directed towards a Black audience, and the Bachelor and Bachelorette are marketed towards a white audience, so they'll be seen as "classier".

I mean ...they was goin for flava flav so the bachelor was classier

No. It's just because the bachelor was aimed towards white people.

Well...ive only heard ? ever talk about Flavor of Love, so....

You only here ? speak about reality tv like its an indicator of status and intelligence . Only ? will proudly say "i dont watch that trash" (or BET , Tyler Pery movies) like it really means something, like not watching the ? makes you smarter or that much more woke.

And i dont watch it, just have to vent. Like there's an intellectual difference between watching make believe Game of Thrones, or OITNB, or Walking Dead, etc vs scripted reality tv

Its all...tv. Its all entertainmwnt, no 1 better than the other
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    S2J wrote: »

That's because Flavor of Love was directed towards a Black audience, and the Bachelor and Bachelorette are marketed towards a white audience, so they'll be seen as "classier".

You only here ? speak about reality tv like its an indicator of status and intelligence . Only ? will proudly say "i dont watch that trash" (or BET , Tyler Pery movies) like it really means something, like not watching the ? makes you smarter or that much more woke.

And i dont watch it, just have to vent. Like there's an intellectual difference between watching make believe Game of Thrones, or OITNB, or Walking Dead, etc vs scripted reality tv

What are you trying to say with this post?

It reaks of respectability politics. So you don't watch it. Good for you--I did, still do, and it was fun for me to watch.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm...Flavor of Love was deliciously ratchet. Rock of Love was on the same wavelength and didn't get the attention that the Bachelor gets.

That said, they all fame and money seeking hoes at the end of the day.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    S2J wrote: »

How is watching something with actual constructed plots, social themes, history etc not better than a vapid ass reality show? Not to say people can't or don't watch both but there's obviously a difference between the two. Same for documentaries vs some seth rogen hangover ? .
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    New York was a boss ? .

And my MUVA.

tumblr_matrg705d81qed922.gif

tumblr_m86qknDUDw1r5bpxi.gif

New York always looked like her breath smelled like sauteed ? . I had to change the channel when them two ugglay ass ? was kissin'.

Oh and her moms looked like a succubus.

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Few Sex Tapes Came Outta These ? Shows

All Of The Wack

None Of Them Hoopz
  • blixy
    blixy Members Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    Lol, flavor flav was hideous and ratchet. I'm surprised he had so many women trying to get at him. Poor New York lol
  • blixy
    blixy Members Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    It's been ten years??? Time has wings

Show was disgusting though

The time the fat ? ? herself?

Yoooooo I remember that!!!! BAHAHAA smh, like how you poo yourself on national tv?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    New York was a boss ? .

And my MUVA.

Vv6SaLx.gif

You need better role models if you looked up to her. That ain't a good thing
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An now lets move to the real chance of love#!
  • geeboy
    geeboy Members Posts: 606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 pages and no pics of Boots ? or Delicious ass... All we get is some New York gifs..!
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    That show was a thot show case shows like that are the blueprint to what type of hoes to avoid in life.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    An now lets move to the real chance of love#!

I love new york>>>>>>>>
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    geeboy wrote: »
    2 pages and no pics of Boots ? or Delicious ass... All we get is some New York gifs..!

flav-feelin-on-deelishis-s-boo-o.gif
    tumblr_mu999lwGTn1rmbtpso2_r1_400.gif
    large.gif

Also, Real from Real Chance of Love actually passed a few years ago from cancer at 35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7stSLxRuokc
  • blackrain
    IceManKam wrote: »
    geeboy wrote: »

flav-feelin-on-deelishis-s-boo-o.gif
    tumblr_mu999lwGTn1rmbtpso2_r1_400.gif
    large.gif

Also, Real from Real Chance of Love actually passed a few years ago from cancer at 35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7stSLxRuokc

He passed like last year
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flav is the grandfather of all these ? ass reality shows. Started with him and Bridgette Nielsen. All downhill from there.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Figo wrote: »
    the chic that microwave raw chicken. Straight Bird

tumblr_m9qaimGwf11qcwgrvo1_500.gif

? like this. She could of killed somebody. Did she even clean it right, wash her hands, clean the surface it was on? And what the hell is that on top of it?

A chick gonna listen to us liking some physical trait and inject some ? into her body, but not hear us saying she gotta know how to cook. It don't add up.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figo wrote: »
    the chic that microwave raw chicken. Straight Bird

tumblr_m9qaimGwf11qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    fry.PNG?1307468855

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MallyG wrote: »
    New York was a boss ? .

And my MUVA.

New York always looked like her breath smelled like sauteed ? . I had to change the channel when them two ugglay ass ? was kissin'.

Oh and her moms looked like a succubus.

That was her ? dad.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoopz sextape never came...shaq ruined the ? to i cry sometimes

never did get to see the rest of the buckey sex tape either smh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

No u stupid ? ....its gold diggers tryna "date" 57 year old burnt ? FLAVORRRR FLAVV!!

flava-flav.jpg
  • blackrain
    Flav is the grandfather of all these ? ass reality shows. Started with him and Bridgette Nielsen. All downhill from there.

Actually it'd be MTV' The Real World...more specifically their first Vegas season. They stumbled onto some ? with that cast and they and other shows been repeating that formula ever since
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

Actually it'd be MTV' The Real World...more specifically their first Vegas season. They stumbled onto some ? with that cast and they and other shows been repeating that formula ever since

That was the best season of Real World