Masta Ace believes Europeans are Hip Hops biggest supporters....

Options
Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he s not lying ...they said i think on Drink Champs them 90 s ? eat well overseas

overseas could be anywhere tho but they talk specifically about europe
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes telling the truth. Ive heard this from multiple artists. In all the interviews they said that Europe supports music in a big way. Everything from buying the album to buying a ticket to shows to buying a t shirt or 3 while at the show.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Funny I just went to his show over here about a month ago it was really dope. Probably every well known 90s rapper from the US can sell out shows in countries like Germany, UK, France, Holland etc
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, international fans have a different appreciation for music.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is not lying. Hope people ain't trying to make this controversial.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is true, could explain why Fabolous seems to be in London every Month.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Makes sense when you dont have access to something you tend to appreciate it more when you get it.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Makes sense when you dont have access to something you tend to appreciate it more when you get it.

What the ? are talking about?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »

What the ? are talking about?

The 90s artists spent more time in the US back then. Now most of them have opened up more to international tours which appeals to foreign fans who didn't get the chance to see them in the 90s.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Public Enemy tour Europe all the time. Guys like Masta Ace are always over here and they always do good numbers.

Met these two Poles in a club not too long ago and they were mad there wasn't any Wu lol they saw hip hop and thought it was that
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speakin' of Wu Tang, I kno' nuff white hoes who love them.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not just hip-hop, it is all genres. Generally speaking Europe has a longer memory than the US when it comes to the arts. If you have ever had a hit, you can pretty much still tour Europe. The USA has more of a fast food culture.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right. Americans feel entitled and think they deserve ? for free because they can actually get it for free. If I like an artist Ill download singles and buy the album.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for the people
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Public Enemy tour Europe all the time. Guys like Masta Ace are always over here and they always do good numbers.

Met these two Poles in a club not too long ago and they were mad there wasn't any Wu lol they saw hip hop and thought it was that

? do You mean pollocks??
    Or were you literally talking to 2 of these -

Combination_transmission_distribution_power_pole_-_Central_Coast_NSW.JPG

? is offensive
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup, not nearly the first time I've heard a hiphop artist say that.

Remember Lords of the Underground? A fews years back I was reading there dj Lord Jazz is living in France now cause they hooked him up with a nice radio show. I think one of them dudes from Das Efx also stays over in Europe getting loot.

I was also reading onyx is still big Germany and in Asia, either China or Japan