Apple In Talks To Acquire Tidal

12346»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I knew it. And he'll be a billionaire and stay on the payroll as a spokesman or a corporate position.

Tidal is losing money, they about to pay pennies on the dollar for it

Companies like Apple. Anheuser Busch,etc don't buy companies that's losing money. They buy companies that poses a threat to them.

not entirely true at all, but you know nothing about business, tidal is still losing money but apple can easily flip it with that portfolio, tidal will never in a million years take down apple or be a real threat. just look at the subscriber counts :(

I keep telling you fools that Tidal doesn't need to do Apple or Spotify numbers to be successful. Yall seem to think multiple companies can't be successful in the same space. Apple is Walmart, but there is room for Target.
    But you got to admit that it's pretty stupid to have to sign up for a whole streaming service just to listen to one album. You come out better just buying the album in a store and just using your current service. Why I got to pay 8.99 a month for 3 different streaming services just to make sure I get my hands on certain artists albums? That's not good at all.

False . People don't consume music like that anymore and people have ADHD in how they consume music. Streaming music gives you the option to discover new music.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it. And he'll be a billionaire and stay on the payroll as a spokesman or a corporate position.

Companies like Apple. Anheuser Busch,etc don't buy companies that's losing money. They buy companies that poses a threat to them.

not entirely true at all, but you know nothing about business, tidal is still losing money but apple can easily flip it with that portfolio, tidal will never in a million years take down apple or be a real threat. just look at the subscriber counts :(

I keep telling you fools that Tidal doesn't need to do Apple or Spotify numbers to be successful. Yall seem to think multiple companies can't be successful in the same space. Apple is Walmart, but there is room for Target.
    But you got to admit that it's pretty stupid to have to sign up for a whole streaming service just to listen to one album. You come out better just buying the album in a store and just using your current service. Why I got to pay 8.99 a month for 3 different streaming services just to make sure I get my hands on certain artists albums? That's not good at all.

False . People don't consume music like that anymore and people have ADHD in how they consume music. Streaming music gives you the option to discover new music.

This.. I swear I wouldn't have heard so much of the ? out today if it wasn't for streaming.. Every now and then I give my fone to my Lil niece and tell her make me a playlist of ? Lil ? listen to... I got all kinda 21 Savage and other ? on my fone... Worst ? music I've listened to in a long time but it's kinda grew on me.. But streaming how I catch alot of new ? i wouldn't have bought from the store cuz I just wouldn't have known if it was worth it.. The ? I ? wit i still go buy the physical.. I just never open it
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get into new artistes and music on this website...

And for free
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Streaming is not bad. I'm just saying it's stupid to pay for a music streaming service to get one album. If music streaming is the future let it be available for everybody. This ? ain't like exclusive tv shows or movies. I get trying to drive more people to your service, but it seems that artists are missing out on so much money. Oh well it's whatever.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regard Tidal as I do a hybrid electric car, I respect it's contribution to the world but will never part with money for it.