question about wcw?

r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
I remember hearing back when Vince first brought WCW the network wwe was on wouldn't let him turn raw or smackdown into a wcw show. My question is could Vince turn one of the c shows like heat or velocity into a wcw show back in 2001 and since he didn't have all the big names then could he of built the show around Booker T DDP and some ECW names like Rob Van Damn and maybe upstarts from back then like Randy Orton and John Cena.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    WCW was it's biggest competitor, in order of rivalries it would only make sense to make Smackdown WCW which would make the most sense and it was sorta built that way but in the long run putting on the development shows such as Velocity or any other C shows when WCW already had major stars who were recognizable and ready makes absolutely no sense to me.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    WCW was it's biggest competitor, in order of rivalries it would only make sense to make Smackdown WCW which would make the most sense and it was sorta built that way but in the long run putting on the development shows such as Velocity or any other C shows when WCW already had major stars who were recognizable and ready makes absolutely no sense to me.

One thing though. The big contracts. Hogan, Hall, Nash, Sting, Savage, Ric Flair, and Goldberg were being paid millions to stay home. Money that Vince was not going to match. So even if it was created as a separate brand, how could it have survived without its biggest stars?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is since Heat and Velocity were syndicated shows he could have turned them into WCW shows with no complaint but I doubt the idea was there at the time.