Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The best swerve of all time, nobody expected that to happen when Hulk walked down that aisle
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if people remember they had teased Hogan & savage turning heel on Monday nitro I remember than Hogan & sting even had a match on nitro before the nwo angle
  • CSOPQ
    CSOPQ Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    if people remember they had teased Hogan & savage turning heel on Monday nitro I remember than Hogan & sting even had a match on nitro before the nwo angle

Yeah, I had pieced it together a couple of days before, but still wasn't 100% on it cause he's Hulk. They were running all those vignettes. When Mean Gene was like, I got the inside scoop, the voice was muffled... call me at whatever # it was, it clicked for some reason
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The GOAT heel turn in all of professional wrestling nothing will top it.

WWE had many chances to turn Cena heel and didn't do it at this point, Idc to even see a heel John Cena at this point in WWE being that he's close to the twilight of his career.

The GOAT heel turn by one of the Top 5 or 10 (depending on how you look at him) ever in wrestling history. Love him or hate him.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The best swerve of all time, nobody expected that to happen when Hulk walked down that aisle
    Greatness never will it be topped
    The greatest moment in pro wrestling history

On everything...saw it live when it happened. I almost hyperventilated.

I saw that ? live too. Scrambled ppv
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they say that hulk didn't commit to the nwo till the last moment... the backup plan was for sting to turn heel could you imagine Hogan getting his ass beat every week by the now??
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    That ? wouldn't have happen hogan had that creative control contract the following ppv hogan would've been hulking up and whoppin the NWO had he not joined them u know how that use to go
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? dope. The tears from some of the kids at school that fall were legendary. So were all the "brawls" we would have on the football field and hallways between "NWO" and the WCW fans. Then it got crazier in high school when peeps started to rep either black and white or wolf pack and ? . Good times.
  • Broddie
    Options
    That ? wouldn't have happen hogan had that creative control contract the following ppv hogan would've been hulking up and whoppin the NWO had he not joined them u know how that use to go

We got to thank Scott Hall for that. He talked Hulk into it the most.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Greatness never will it be topped
    The greatest moment in pro wrestling history

On everything...saw it live when it happened. I almost hyperventilated.

I saw that ? live too. Scrambled ppv

Illegal boxes with the pump button in the back FTW. That ? held down all throughout the Monday night wars.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    they say that hulk didn't commit to the nwo till the last moment... the backup plan was for sting to turn heel could you imagine Hogan getting his ass beat every week by the now??

Bischoff said Hogan was so against turning away from the good guy gimmick that made his career. The only two people who knew Hogan was going to be the third man was Bischoff and Kevin Sullivan. Nash and Hall wasnt sure who it was going to be until The Bash.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is a real life heel now
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I can remember I think someone saying that he was getting stale as being a face, so he needed a change. Good thing he did because it became the biggest heel turn in wrestling history
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was always a heel to me, never liked that orange cac ?

I cheered for macho man aganst him every time as a kid
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? had me in shock for months. Legendary move by hulk and WCW. If they would've handled the booking better and let the lesser stars shine, WCW might very ended wwf instead, but you got ? like Nash doing the booking showing favoritism and ? killed WCW internally
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    So ? dope. The tears from some of the kids at school that fall were legendary. So were all the "brawls" we would have on the football field and hallways between "NWO" and the WCW fans. Then it got crazier in high school when peeps started to rep either black and white or wolf pack and ? . Good times.

That was college for me...we had factions and staged wrestling matches in the dorm lobby. One time the police showed up because they thought we were having a brawl and woke up the dorm manager. Dude ripped us a new one at 2am...lol..

We just moved down to the basement. Haha
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    If I can remember I think someone saying that he was getting stale as being a face, so he needed a change. Good thing he did because it became the biggest heel turn in wrestling history

It was. By 95 you could tell the fans were sick of him always winning all the time when he absolutely shouldn't have. He was getting that Cena mixed crowd reaction. Some crowds were booing him more than cheering.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt really care*