Ps2 is outselling 360 THIS generation

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    lol lol.......you assume that everybody is into the same genre of gaming. I would put GT over Halo and MW2 anyday. Why? Personal preference. I'm not a big fan of FPS' (neither of racing games) because the market is saturated with them. For me, the choice comes down to the exclusives and that is where I put PS3 over the 360, because of the wide variety of genres they have put ut over the last 3 years compared to the 360.

This kid is delusional man.I did not read that GIGANTIC TITAN graph,but I did peep the ending.The fact that he would even compare Halo to Star Wars and Zelda is a testament to the fact that he knows nothing.Gran Turismo is a bigger franchise than Halo and he does not seem to understand that so it's time to hit him with facts.

1. The Halo series has sold over 34 million copies worldwide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_Series

2. The Gran Turismo series has sold over 57 million units have been sold worldwide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_series

3. Yet this idiot thinks that Halo is ? in gaming

4. Of course the PS3 has to play catch up since the 360 released a full year first ?

5. Which is why I said that the PS3 has been selling faster than the 360 since it's launch and why the PS3 is only 3 million units sold behind the 360 you ass monkey check this link here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=257721

6. So with that said the 360 only sold more consoles because it was out a year earlier is it that hard to comprehend?

7. The PS3 is making a profit you dim wit http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402514
    Sony's networked products and services division - which plays home to the firm's PlayStation and PC segments - has posted strong financial results for the first financial quarter ended June 30.

Sales jumped 32.4 per cent year-on-year to 325.9 billion yen (£2.4b), while operating loss was slashed from 36.7 billion yen last year to 3.8 billion yen (£27.9m).http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=257695

8 While MS just posted a loss
    However, the division reported losses for its fourth quarter - the last three months of its fiscal year. Losses increased year-on-year by $141 million to $172 million.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=256931

9. The links will also show that Sony's annual sales have increased year over year while MS has decreased

10 I hope that by numbering each part that it was easy for your ant sized brain to process

11. I believe that it was a wise profit who said "man lie,women lie,numbers don't

12. Don't ever try to debate with me again when you have no facts and don't even reply to me again kid

Oh and FYI,Madden (which the PS3 version is higher on Amazon) and fighting games (SF4,Tekken 6) have all sold better on the PS3.I won't even post a link to that because that would be like murdering you and then getting a dog to ? your filthy corpse.
  • bobbydrake2006
    bobbydrake2006 Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    you forgot that ms denied the rrod at first and refused to fix the consoles.

find who ever bought 8 of them and slap them. that like going to micky d's and they ? up your order 8 times in a row.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO @ comparing Halo to Star Wars
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nasty debate but I have to add that GT is bigger than Halo. Halo is only big in the US b/c US love FPS, but GT has worldwide appeal.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sorry dude, comparable, almost comparing, Halo is nowhere near anything Star Wars except for the fact that they have books, movies, video games and some sort of their own universes. Halo has generations to go before it becomes almost comparable a business like SW. and you say entering pop culture like thats some sort of big accomplishment this day and age. The only video game franchise you could possibly make that comparison to would be Mario.

And honestly, i dont think anything you really said made me see how the 360 is a superior anything. thats not to say i would turn one down if it appeared on my doorstep, but any franchises I like are already on a PS3 or soon coming to a PS3. I dont really care how much money the company makes cuz that really doesnt affect me. Sure Id like to see Sony do well but if they dont, not like theyre gonna disappear tomorrow. And its kinda ? up and closeminded u wpuld think that EVERYONE likes FPS above any genre or they choose PS3 cuz they have no friends. You simply go with the sales number, ask most people, see what most people would buy. How does what 'most people' do affect me really as a consumer? i dont care if ppl are willing to buy 8 or 9 360s but thats simply not for me, and I dont blame anyone if its not for them either.

Sony made a lot of mistakes, overpricing their system, no vibration, and not getting it out quick enough. but i seem to recall that this is normal for all their systems. the PS1's and PS2's best games always came when they were already deep in their life cycle. And yes, 360 marketing is brilliant (that commercial with the kids singing and 360s falling from the sky was genius) but I honestly think the PS3's best days are yet to come. Theyre learning from their mistakes (Move is earlier than Kinect, price mark down) and its working so far so we'll see where it goes.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We all just need to agree to disagree. This been going on for too many years.

PS3=Better hardware, more reliable, bluray etc.

Xbox=Better firmware, superior online, better software.

As for games.

I've played alot of the PS exclusives and none of them really appeal to me except for GT.

If I had to choose Id rather have an xbox for Halo, Gears etc.

Resistence and Killzone werent nothing special to me. Jus some FPS games.

MGS was wack too. Unless you'd rather watch your game being played for you.

It's all just opinion though.

As for sales, we really shouldnt give a ? about that.

truth post but Uncharted 2 was dope too as well as Little Big Planet. I have bought all the big name PS exclusives and they just dont keep me coming back like Gears, Mass Effect or Left 4 Dead. Hardware wise Ps3 is ? on Xbox but when it's all said and done the only thing that matters to me is what games im playing on my console. Everything else is extra. Oh yeah Gears 3 is gonna smash on the competition in 2011 lets ? go son.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    blazini wrote: »

truth post but Uncharted 2 was dope too as well as Little Big Planet. I have bought all the big name PS exclusives and they just dont keep me coming back like Gears, Mass Effect or Left 4 Dead. Hardware wise Ps3 is ? on Xbox but when it's all said and done the only thing that matters to me is what games im playing on my console. Everything else is extra. Oh yeah Gears 3 is gonna smash on the competition in 2011 lets ? go son.

? ,, you reachin to far,,2010 aint even over with,,,

@karl
    if fifa was a sony exculsive ,, u over UK ? wouild be on sony like child support on a blk man

side note, got 200 bucks saved up for my " Halo Reach 360" , got bout another 250 you hustle up on
  • John_Blazini
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? ,, you reachin to far,,2010 aint even over with,,,

@karl
    if fifa was a sony exculsive ,, u over UK ? wouild be on sony like child support on a blk man

side note, got 200 bucks saved up for my " Halo Reach 360" , got bout another 250 you hustle up on

bruh aint ? in 2010 I'm really checkin for. I'll get Halo reach but other then that who knows.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    edited August 2010
    Options

bruh aint ? in 2010 I'm really checkin for. I'll get Halo reach but other then that who knows.

you only check ing for ms heavy hitters?! and to let you know im a halo legend
  • John_Blazini
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you only check ing for ms heavy hitters?! and to let you know im a halo legend
    for the most part yeah. maybe Dead rising. i have too many games to finish now.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for the most part yeah. maybe Dead rising. i have too many games to finish now.

how the ? u go finish when that show the "weeds" on netflix?!?!
  • John_Blazini
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how the ? u go finish when that show the "weeds" on netflix?!?!
    a ? gets bored gaming i ? up and got too many games lol.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    And the numbers show that the PS3 has sold better than the 360 since it's launch.The 360 just hit 40 mil in 5 years while the PS3 is about to do it in 4.Where's your logic kid? The 360 is only leading the PS3 because it released first.

Sales aside because they are irrelevant.I can not take you serious with the second bold part.The 360 has nowhere near the variety of the PS3.What besides Gears,Halo,Fable,ME and Forza does the 360 have? The PS3 has Resistance,Killzone,LBP,Uncharted,Heavy Rain,Valkyria Chronicles,3D Dot,Demon's Souls,GT,Socom,Ratchet,Warhawk,MAG,MGS4,Heavenly Sword,Motorstorm,GOW,Mod Nation and Yakuza.The ? are you smoking kid,MS does not even have many first party studios and you 360 owners can not name any more games aside from the ones I named that are actually good except maybe Alan Wake.Selling the most console don't mean ? when your console is defective,outdated or releases nothing but shovelware.This is why I don't respect the average 360 owner,you fools are delusional.Gran Turismo is a bigger franchise than Halo anyway so don't even speak to me about this fall ...matter of fact don't ever speak to me about gaming again kid.Your from Cananda anyway so your opinion weighs about as much amy winehouse.

Servin up a nice tall glass of ether.....
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PS2 has sold more than 360 since the 360's launch.

PS2 has NOT sold more than PS3 since the PS3 launch.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We all just need to agree to disagree. This been going on for too many years.

PS3=Better hardware, more reliable, bluray etc.

Xbox=Better firmware, superior online, better software.

As for games.

I've played alot of the PS exclusives and none of them really appeal to me except for GT.

If I had to choose Id rather have an xbox for Halo, Gears etc.

Resistence and Killzone werent nothing special to me. Jus some FPS games.

MGS was wack too. Unless you'd rather watch your game being played for you.

It's all just opinion though.

As for sales, we really shouldnt give a ? about that.

And that is your right and you proved my point.Only Gears and Halo matter on the 360 while I am playing more than 2 games on the PS3.As for MGS,you are exagerating I have beaten the game and it not only has better gameplay,but more variety in gameplay than Gears or Halo combined.I mean all you do is pop and shoot on Gears and Halo is a generic FPS.Gears and Halo are not even the best games on the 360 compared to Mass Effect and Fable.You said ETC,what ETC besides Gears and Halo though? Hahaha.What Viva Pinata or Ninja Warriror? Common man Halo and Geears have nowhere near the impact of MGS or even U2 this generation.All you hear devolopers talk about is Uncharted 2,even Bungie and Cliffy B bowed down to that beast of a game.Add tot he fact that COD >>> Gears and Halo anyway so really Gears and Halo as stated before are expendable.I never even heard any dev say that Halo was a great franchise.

I mean 2 games = better software? Really!
  • John_Blazini
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You Viva Pinata was straight. my sons mom was hooked on that ? . and as far as U2 SP was dope nothing new but dope but MP was wack. Be real son gears is the ? and when Gears 3 drops that ? bout to do MJ numbers.
  • John_Blazini
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Word.

You cant hate on a game when there is a market for it.
    ? act like if Gears was gonna drop for Ps3 we wouldn't have 1000 threads from KOA and company gassed the ? up..
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? act like if Gears was gonna drop for Ps3 we wouldn't have 1000 threads from KOA and company gassed the ? up..

LOL I Had Gears 1 and 2 on 360 and the first was good for it's time (2006), the second was trash. The multiplayer is garbage also.

Uncharted 2 is much better .
  • VulcanRaven
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You Viva Pinata was straight. my sons mom was hooked on that ? . and as far as U2 SP was dope nothing new but dope but MP was wack. Be real son gears is the ? and when Gears 3 drops that ? bout to do MJ numbers.

Oh Gears is a good never doubted that,but it is as expendable as KZ and Resistance as most shooter games are.Uncharted at least adds in puzzles,platforming,great characters (Drake >>> Fenix) and unique game design/art direction.I mean Gears is far from new either and U2's online would be more fun because of the different gameplay mechanics.I would not know though since I don't game online.I doubt that Gears will do MJ numbers since niether Gears 1 or 2 has sold more than 5 million.I mean Halo is not even a top twenty selling franchise and it sells more than Gears.I guess I am old school and look for more in games that bland MP and twitch gameplay that is so popular today.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yea I dont care about Gears 3 the 1st was good for its time 2nd one was trash and this one look the same
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow, to much ether in here, ....on that note, lets talk numbers
    the PS2 (140)console outsold 360(40)/PS3(35)/Wii(70) combine...FACT
    imager.php?id=297169

btw more ether, the PS3 best selling game isnt even an exclusive.........FAILED
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm done with you ? .

*APPLAUDS*

On second thought, gone keep the party goin'! Funny thread.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You guys still going at it? Same ? , different thread, different day!!! lol lol

Just buy and play what you want and don't give a ? what anyone else thinks. It's not their money you're spending.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PS2 has sold more than 360 since the 360's launch.

PS2 has NOT sold more than PS3 since the PS3 launch.
    LOL...that's really all that's needed to be said.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Arcade stay killin em softly