Ladies I am in need of your assistance

Options
B23Dtown
B23Dtown Members Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello ladies. I'll make this short and straight to the point. I finally got a ring to propose to my lady but I won't be proposing until I plan something special. That's where I'm lost. I just don't know what to do or how I could propose. I want it to be memorable so I will wait and think on it before acting. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.

aaof4rkaypdb.gif

Comments

• banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do a horse carriage ride one of her favorite places to eat. Then hit a local spot where it's live music. Tell em what you trying to do. Get em to sing a song or two..... Then pop that question.
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Hell do a weekend where it's all about you two like first date y'all went to eat at. Send flowers or candy to the job leading up to the day you'll ? the question, You know mushy ? like that
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Oh yea if you from the south or her parents old fashion or pops in her life you better clear it with him first. Our it's gone be trouble trouble trouble....
  • B23Dtown
    Options
    Oh yea if you from the south or her parents old fashion or pops in her life you better clear it with him first. Our it's gone be trouble trouble trouble....

Yea I'm from the south and I already talked and got permission from pops lol. But yea I'm still trying to plan something. Was thinking about a weekend thing, visiting the spot where we had our first date. Then doing something we both have never done like a hot air balloon ride then pop the question up there. Just a thought though. Haven't decided
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Make sure that hot air balloon ride is in your area or somewhere you can take a short trip to
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    go by the water.....
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That 'ask pops for permission to propose' ? is stupid as ? .
  • B23Dtown
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

These old heads are traditional when it comes to stuff like that. They feel disrespected if they weren't asked before hand. No biggie
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it is as well, but why do you?? @mryounggun
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not one lady yet...........................................typical.

And when my daughter gets married. Stick to tradition ask me for my daughters hand. It is respectful and shows character especially if you have good rapport with your future father-in-law. I do and I hopefully have a good rapport with my future son-in-law.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

I think it is as well, but why do you?? @mryounggun

Because for ME, it serves no purpose. I'm a firm believer that a relationship should be between the two people that are in it and that's it. Not your friends, not your parents, etc. As an extension of that, I've never really cared much about what parents thought about me. So taking it further, if I were to ask a man for permission to propose to his daughter and he said no, I'd just be like '? I was just asking as a courtesy. I'm proposing anyway.'.

So what the ? is the point of asking?

That...and it's just stupid. Lol.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Not one lady yet...........................................typical.

And when my daughter gets married. Stick to tradition ask me for my daughters hand. It is respectful and shows character especially if you have good rapport with your future father-in-law. I do and I hopefully have a good rapport with my future son-in-law.

Ic hoes only show up when u diss em
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    if a guy wants to marry my daughter but does not ask my permission he will be on my ? list from then on.... these new ? have no respect at all. As a mater of fact if my daughter would marry a man that clearly has no respect for me then then she would also be on my ? list.

and they better not ask me for a ? dime.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you love your woman you should follow the traditional ways and ask her father for her hand in marriage because if he feels slighted or disrespected by you.... he may kick up a fuss and spoil her wedding day. I can tell you right now i am not walking my daughter down the aisle and giving her away to some disrespectful ? that didn't have the decency to ask for my blessing.
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    If you love your woman you should follow the traditional ways and ask her father for her hand in marriage because if he feels slighted or disrespected by you.... he may kick up a fuss and spoil her wedding day. I can tell you right now i am not walking my daughter down the aisle and giving her away to some disrespectful ? that didn't have the decency to ask for my blessing.

I could see some ? like this happening for real
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off, congratulations!!

This is hard to answer... you want a unique way of proposing... In order for it to be unique, it has to be personal and genuine. No offense but we don't know your girl or what she likes to suggest anything.

I think married men would be better equipped to advise on this issue. Asking her father for her hand was definitely a start down the right path.

The rest is just giving your girl what you two would define as the best day ever and topping it off with the ring.

Best of luck to you!

• caddo man
    Options

This!
  • VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    I think its a nice tradition, besides marriage doesn't just affect the intended.. its two families coming together.

Ultimately its not a prerequisite because people have the freedom to do whatever but its good gesture and a good way to start to building those family relationships.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd actually feel offended if a man asked my dad if he could marry me.
  • caddo man
    Options
    BoyPussy wrote: »

Technically he is not asking your dad for permission. He is pretty much telling him. But you ask to give that notion of respect. Hell he may even help with the expenses. My wife's whole family knew before she did.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it is quite natural for someone like you to feel offended by this tradition because you probably don't have what should be the proper amount of respect for your father or mother.

tumblr_lv78h8lBnh1r2zl9wo1_500.gif
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody asking her anyway
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it is quite natural for someone like you to feel offended by this tradition because you probably don't have what should be the proper amount of respect for your father or mother.

Oh 9rk2khax6fnr.jpg
    been there done that