Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (demo gameplay)

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in IllGaming

Thoughts?

The guy addresses the "slowness" of Sonic in the video, sounds like they went back and worked on that. But anyway, first impressions?

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    it looks like all the rest....i will try it though
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited July 2010
    I think I will Pass...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Looks dope imo,Im a retro gaming head

glad they made it like the old school games
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    it looks like all the rest....i will try it though
    Yeah, thats whats up
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited July 2010
    will cop on the wii since its free might as well give it a try
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Looks dope imo,Im a retro gaming head

glad they made it like the old school games

Yeah, I thought the same thing.
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited July 2010
    Really Sega?? Really??....
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    I love these retro remakes.

Not a remake, its a sequel
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I would like a more detailed back ground. Its 2010.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I would like a more detailed back ground. Its 2010.

For real, it's like they made it in 1996 and just decided to say "? it", and come out with that ? right now lol
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    So ILL wrote: »
    For real, it's like they made it in 1996 and just decided to say "? it", and come out with that ? right now lol

I can play the old Sonic for free on my computer. They need to come up with something fresh.
  • So ILL
    edited July 2010
    I can play the old Sonic for free on my computer. They need to come up with something fresh.

I still got the original game cartridges in my closet somewhere lol.....and if I'm not mistaken there's a game with all the SEGA classics out on PS3 and 360
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010

You cant say that until you see it on your tv, I bet this ? is gonna look dope in HD
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited July 2010
    well im glad they are addressing the speed...he looked really old in the original vids of this game...
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010

That's what's 'so ill' about it lol

I liked that it has the retro gaming look like the originals, it makes it feel right. The other "open world" sonic's were HORRIBLE games. The feel the look just didn't set right. There's certain games when you pick 'em up and play 'em that feel right when changed into the 3-D world of open world gaming, such as Mario or Prince of Persia. But with Sonic it has to stay your retro look side scrolling game style, it fits and it's just right. I couldn't see a Sonic game being any different anymore. I'm def. gonna get it.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I'm looking forward to it
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited August 2010
    Looks good, but I'm coppin' regardless.
    sionb55 wrote: »
    looks amazing & is gonna be amazing but i dont think it'll catch on w/ these new age gamers SMH, these new ? only want MOVIE quality graphics, complex storylines, easy to use controllers & easy to master gameplay that boasts no challenge what so ever SMMFH, they have no respect for the classics. I commend the new management over at Sega for revamping this & bringing it back to its roots. These new age ? wont appreciate it but us old school gamers will ? with it.

im buying 2 copies of Sonic 4 just to help the movement... Sonic >>>>>> every other game mascot (except pikachu lol)

...And don't forget the Tutorials at the beginning of the game that negates the need for Instruction Books, the numerous Checkpoints, frequent Saving, etc.

SMH@Spoiled 'New-School' 'Gamers--' They wouldn't know what to do with the old Ninja Gaiden and Mega Man series of games...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Sonic as a character >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mario real ? mane
  • So ILL
    edited August 2010
    You cant say that until you see it on your tv, I bet this ? is gonna look dope in HD

lol right, that ? might look tight

VIBE86 wrote: »
    That's what's 'so ill' about it lol

I liked that it has the retro gaming look like the originals, it makes it feel right. The other "open world" sonic's were HORRIBLE games. The feel the look just didn't set right. There's certain games when you pick 'em up and play 'em that feel right when changed into the 3-D world of open world gaming, such as Mario or Prince of Persia. But with Sonic it has to stay your retro look side scrolling game style, it fits and it's just right. I couldn't see a Sonic game being any different anymore. I'm def. gonna get it.

Yeah, I feel you. All of the old-school Sonic games are classics. I never really got into the newer joints because sometimes they were trying to do too much (graphics, characters, story line, etc....)when sometimes less is more, if you know what I mean. I'll probably end up checking it out though just because I'm a longtime fan of Sonic the Hedgehog
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    sionb55 wrote: »
    lololol maaaann that brings me back lol, n to think we had to play fighting games & adventure games using only 2 buttons lol, there will never be another contra thats how challenging ? was. mmmaaannn finna go hook up my nes n catchup on some old times.

co-sign, lolol id love to see these new age ? try to beat prince of persia, mario 2 or ninja turtles w/ NO save points ? would be the end of the world for them smh

powerful post....
    this ? knooows the truth

long live the old school.

You re my ? now.You disagreed with me on the other thread and then recognized my gaming knowledge in this one.I own you now and forever.Go fix my blue kool-aid ? and make sure you use lots of sugar.
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    They went the Mega Man route and are trying to touch on people's nostalgia, which is worked for Capcom. I'll always like Sonic, so I'll check it out especially since Sonic was always best in 2D.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    doesnt look like anything special, i doubt it will be better than sonic 3/sonic and knuckles