North Carolina passes bill to block release of police recordings.

2»

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I've been telling y'all body cams are not the answer and there is way more to them than just the initial cost.

Body cams aren't going to make cops better trained to deal with certain situations, which is an issue that needs to be addressed more in my opinion.

Yeah but the cams have hard evidence of police brutality. They aren't there to improve police standards

? damnit I had this huge post written up and my safari crashed.

But long story short, body cams will still "fall off" and even when they don't they don't, they won't be charged cause they "feared for their life"

Body cams aren't the silver bullet people have made them out to be.

Because of corrupt policin', not poor policin' and racist judges. The cameras show these things to people who don't believe they happen.

The very fact the bill was passed shows the cameras are at least doin' something helpful, although very slowly. The public can put pressure on the courts to find these pigs guilty coz they can see what happened. They don't need to fix everything but they help.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so why even waste tax dollars on the camera's what a joke....yeah whoever needs to be put on blast and voted out
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Yea you know they doing that ? to control even more and have the upper hand when some mfs do some crooked ? and obviously not all but some judges will favor some ? on their behalf. Smh Bob Marley said it best "We build your penitentiaries, we build your schools, Brainwash education, to make us the fools".
    Politics are ? . Smh
  • felliwonda
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    NC definitely been one of the worst judicial system states for the longest .....and seems they want that number one spot.

This law just buys police more time to get rid of, make excuses for, and stall out the public reaction when there's evidence of their wrong doing ...... the ol body cam fell off, is already getting run and not going over well with the public ....... funny how they use the word transparency when this is clearly a cover up .....preemptive strike

Exactly man ? discusting like if is not obvious what's really the purpose of that particular law.
  • felliwonda
    And I do believe there should be transparency when it comes to body camera footage in serious events without a doubt, but everything can't be public record like it has been in some states. Criminals can't be getting access to body cam footage of police doing interviews or questioning people or they could retaliate against regular folks who "snitch"

Makes sense I never though it that way good point.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mods combine this wit the other thread plz. Keep this convo going.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i wonder if paypal gonna pull they money from the state like they did over transjenners and bathrooms?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    An outrageous attempt to shield police officers who engage in questionable conduct from public scrutiny.

And why would anyone lol or ether this is beyond me.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There can never really be justice on stolen land.

- KRS-ONE voice
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ? up, but this should motivate people in NC and around America to record crooked cops more then ever, we can still post the videos on social media directly. ? that NC governor, people need to vote him out and teach him a lesson
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another slap in the face with unparalleled levels of impunity. Picasso couldn't paint a more vivid picture. These orders come from soooooo far up the food chain it's virtually impossible to chin check or rally against. They just do what they're told or else.