• KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Robinson
    D.Rob was a beast fam
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Duncan
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Robinson isnt getting his respect in here.

And if yall wanna bring up rings i guess Robert Horry is the greatest player of all time.

hell nah
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Robinson

And if yall wanna bring up rings i guess Robert Horry is the greatest player of all time.

hell nah

I was being sarcastic

Point is rings dont mean everything when comparing individual talents in team sports
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Duncan

hell nah

I was being sarcastic

Point is rings dont mean everything when comparing individual talents in team sports

i respect that there
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Duncan
    No its not close between DRob and Duncan I cant even believe this thread is still going, intangibles set them apart Timmy is the biggest reason of the Spurs success of the past 18 years, 2 time mvp 3 time finals mvp 5 time champion the greatest player at his position where DRob was probably the 4th best center of his generation, also the stats are way too close over the course of their careers but Timmy's playoff stats are killing DRob's so in reality DRob doesn't have the upperhand in any aspect outside of athleticism
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Duncan
    Imo If the played each other in their prime DRob might've got the W

And Scottie Pippen might have beat Larry Bird one on one...who cares?
  • TheGOAT
    David Robinson
    No its not close between DRob and Duncan I cant even believe this thread is still going, intangibles set them apart Timmy is the biggest reason of the Spurs success of the past 18 years, 2 time mvp 3 time finals mvp 5 time champion the greatest player at his position where DRob was probably the 4th best center of his generation, also the stats are way too close over the course of their careers but Timmy's playoff stats are killing DRob's so in reality DRob doesn't have the upperhand in any aspect outside of athleticism

Tim had better teams than Robinson

Career stats are very close which is why this is a good comparison.

Yea Tim has better playoff track. He was on a better team. David played in a generation when big men were still big men. Tim was a big man during the era the center position basically disappeared.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Tim Duncan

Yea Tim has better playoff track. He was on a better team. David played in a generation when big men were still big men. Tim was a big man during the era the center position basically disappeared.

If you owned a team in the 90s who would you take? Just curious.
  • TheGOAT
    David Robinson

If im doing a fantasy draft with legends in 2K im drafting Robinson over Tim.

Neither is a bad pick.

Im just saying its closer than yall acting like
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Robinson

That's the thing that's overlooked the most in the D.Rob Timmy argument.

• Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Tim Duncan

Neither is a bad pick.

So if Duncan played in the 90s you dont think he would be able to be effective like Barkley or Malone? Dont count him out cuz he isnt a center.

Not trying to change to subject but would you rather have Karl Malone or Patrick Ewing.

• TheGOAT
    David Robinson

Neither is a bad pick.

So if Duncan played in the 90s you dont think he would be able to be effective like Barkley or Malone? Dont count him out cuz he isnt a center.

Not trying to change to subject but would you rather have Karl Malone or Patrick Ewing.

I didnt say he wouldnt be effective. I just said 90s era big men had a lot more competition.

As far as malone or ewing it would depend on makeup of my team.

If i had to pick 1 to build around i would say Ewing