Video: D.L. Hughley goes on Faux News' Megyn (KK)Kelly's show & calls out the networks racism...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJ7QSI7uV0

http://www.mediaite.com/online/megyn-kelly-and-d-l-hughley-battle-the-only-place-racism-doesnt-exist-is-fox-news/
Megyn Kelly and D.L. Hughley Battle: ‘The Only Place Racism Doesn’t Exist Is Fox News!’

During a segment on The Kelly File tonight, Megyn Kelly and D.L. Hughley went at one another about racism. Kelly told Hughley not to assume race is a factor in situations that few details are known about. Hughley told Kelly that his perspective as a black man has led him to see police, in particular, in a way that is different than how she might.

That sounds civilized typed out like that, but the actual interaction was very different. It all started when Hughley tersely informed Kelly that he hadn’t been aware Fox contributor Mark Fuhrman (of O.J. Simpson trial fame) was going to be speaking prior to his segment. From there, there was plenty of interrupting and at one point, Hughley insulted Fox News, sarcastically saying that the only places racism doesn’t seem to exist are FNC and police departments.

When he aimed at Fox again, laughing at the irony he saw in her telling him not to paint entire groups of people with a broad brush, Kelly abruptly ended the segment.

I bet the producer in charge of booking DL won't have a job soon.. Faux News don't want real black folks on their network calling out their racism.. Props to DL that ? earned like a trillion real ? points.. He had Megyn the KlansNews woman flustered as hell...

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold it down he did that
    ....blacks an whites see things differently she conceded that point
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could give give OP a thousand GOATS for that I would.

DL a real one for that!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boils my blood. Classic white woman'Dont get angry, youre being irrational " type responses

"Dont wow me"

? what? !?!!? Then the smirk on some lil inside ? to her fellow racists at the end :angry:

• MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He made her look real stupid at the end.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    DL always kept it 100....I love it when brothers and sisters can go on there and articulate thier point in a way Fox target audience get rattled. I can only imagine people at home watching saying (Paul Mooneys voice). Who does this uppity kneegra think he is....he think he smarter than the average kneegra!
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I expected more ether. You gotta go for the ? on faux
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Boils my blood. Classic white woman'Dont get angry, youre being irrational " type responses

"Dont wow me"

? what? !?!!? Then the smirk on some lil inside ? to her fellow racists at the end :angry:

Kelly,Hannity, and especially O'Reilly all have that dismissive condescending snarky schtick they do with guests who oppose to their views

And to be honest it can be a very effective tactic,to get a person on the defensive and make them come off as being the "irrational one".

That's why when you go up against these devils in convos like this you have to not only know what you are talking about,but who you are talking to and have your emotions in check
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone got shot four times in the chest sitting next to me...I'd probably have a few inconsistencies in my story also
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's very dangerous when you get to the point where you paint an entire group with the same brush based on the bad actions of..." - Megyn Kelly

? WHAT!?

This kinda ? is amazing for real. DL looked exasperated when she said that ? . lol
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's very dangerous when you get to the point where you paint an entire group with the same brush based on the bad actions of..." - Megyn Kelly

? WHAT!?

This kinda ? is amazing for real. DL looked exasperated when she said that ? . lol

Bruh, I kept replaying it hoping my mind was playing tricks on me.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    "That is amazing to hear on this network"

Just about sums it up

That rebuttal hurt lmaoooo, look at her face lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the point of having guest if you gonna talk over them?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DWO wrote: »

To make it seem like you're superior to them

they prolly shook hands, hugged, and laughed after the cameras stopped rolling
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rupert Murdoch touched it.
  • SELASI_i

Exactly, they play the theatrics out for us on screen. The fictitious black and white color dynamic is one of the foundations America was built on. It would take a complete restructuring of the current system. Most so called white folks ain't ready for that. We keep talking about how to fix a caste system that is broken. Every society has it's haves and have-nots but this is more about class. Blacks even the well off ones are typically looked upon as lower class. Everything from credit, loans, housing is rooted in these racial classifications.
  • The Lonious Monk
    SELASI_i wrote: »

Exactly, they play the theatrics out for us on screen. The fictitious black and white color dynamic is one of the foundations America was built on. It would take a complete restructuring of the current system. Most so called white folks ain't ready for that. We keep talking about how to fix a caste system that is broken. Every society has it's haves and have-nots but this is more about class. Blacks even the well off ones are typically looked upon as lower class. Everything from credit, loans, housing is rooted in these racial classifications.

I don't think it's like that for real. Look at who FOXNews invites. They always get people who are passionate, but not necessarily the best at articulating or debating. Like why invite DL Hughley. I like him, and he spits real ? , but he's never been someone that can hold his own in a debate. You see they don't invite people like Killer Mike or David Banner on there.

It's a trap, and sometimes these black celebrities need to be cognizant of that before they agree to make an appearance.
  • SELASI_i

I don't think it's like that for real. Look at who FOXNews invites. They always get people who are passionate, but not necessarily the best at articulating or debating. Like why invite DL Hughley. I like him, and he spits real ? , but he's never been someone that can hold his own in a debate. You see they don't invite people like Killer Mike or David Banner on there.

It's a trap, and sometimes these black celebrities need to be cognizant of that before they agree to make an appearance.

I'm sure Cam'ron shook bill O'Reilly hand when he went on his show and just shaking hands with someone doesn't mean you're friends or agree on everything, but I don't think they'd invite a banner in studio to speak with megyn Kelly.
  • The Lonious Monk

I'm sure Cam'ron shook bill O'Reilly hand when he went on his show and just shaking hands with someone doesn't mean you're friends or agree on everything, but I don't think they'd invite a banner in studio to speak with megyn Kelly.

I was talking more about the idea that what we saw in that video was just mutual theatrics.