Video: D.L. Hughley goes on Faux News' Megyn (KK)Kelly's show & calls out the networks racism...

Comments

• SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    what's the point of having guest if you gonna talk over them?

To make it seem like you're superior to them

they prolly shook hands, hugged, and laughed after the cameras stopped rolling

Exactly, they play the theatrics out for us on screen. The fictitious black and white color dynamic is one of the foundations America was built on. It would take a complete restructuring of the current system. Most so called white folks ain't ready for that. We keep talking about how to fix a caste system that is broken. Every society has it's haves and have-nots but this is more about class. Blacks even the well off ones are typically looked upon as lower class. Everything from credit, loans, housing is rooted in these racial classifications.

I don't think it's like that for real. Look at who FOXNews invites. They always get people who are passionate, but not necessarily the best at articulating or debating. Like why invite DL Hughley. I like him, and he spits real ? , but he's never been someone that can hold his own in a debate. You see they don't invite people like Killer Mike or David Banner on there.

It's a trap, and sometimes these black celebrities need to be cognizant of that before they agree to make an appearance.

I'm sure Cam'ron shook bill O'Reilly hand when he went on his show and just shaking hands with someone doesn't mean you're friends or agree on everything, but I don't think they'd invite a banner in studio to speak with megyn Kelly.

I was talking more about the idea that what we saw in that video was just mutual theatrics.

I worded that wrong I'm sure they honestly feel strongly about the positions they have in this subject but what I meant was it's no different than watching skip and Stephen a. argue over Lebron.. They both believe what they are saying but its framed in a way that draws emotion not facts.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He said some real ? about FOXNews, but let's be real, they're still going to count that as a win because he couldn't really dispute the point she made about the Michael Brown case.

The Michael Brown case was a legit badly handled incident by protesters. They did jump the gun. I'm not saying Darren Wilson wasn't racism or guilty, but it is true that protesters had latched onto that case before any details were really revealed. And now everyone who wants to attack the legitimacy of the movement brings up that case. Sometimes you just have to admit mistakes were made instead of trying to deflect.

It's crazy how they are trying to nitpick Castille's fiance's story though. DL put it perfectly. They give cops a presumption they don't give normal people. Castille's fiance's story has some little trivial inconsistencies that should be expected given the nature of the situation and they are basically arguing that her word isn't worth anything. Meanwhile, these cops are time and time again proven to tell bold face lies after incidents and those same people don't dismiss the cop's side outright.

They trying to question ? that makes no difference in the officer shooting Castille. And once again it's her word vs the cops. Just like DL was saying the cops are always given the benefit of the doubt.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well Fox News got what they wanted
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the point of having guest if you gonna talk over them?

To make it seem like you're superior to them

they prolly shook hands, hugged, and laughed after the cameras stopped rolling

Exactly, they play the theatrics out for us on screen. The fictitious black and white color dynamic is one of the foundations America was built on. It would take a complete restructuring of the current system. Most so called white folks ain't ready for that. We keep talking about how to fix a caste system that is broken. Every society has it's haves and have-nots but this is more about class. Blacks even the well off ones are typically looked upon as lower class. Everything from credit, loans, housing is rooted in these racial classifications.

I don't think it's like that for real. Look at who FOXNews invites. They always get people who are passionate, but not necessarily the best at articulating or debating. Like why invite DL Hughley. I like him, and he spits real ? , but he's never been someone that can hold his own in a debate. You see they don't invite people like Killer Mike or David Banner on there.

It's a trap, and sometimes these black celebrities need to be cognizant of that before they agree to make an appearance.

I'm sure Cam'ron shook bill O'Reilly hand when he went on his show and just shaking hands with someone doesn't mean you're friends or agree on everything, but I don't think they'd invite a banner in studio to speak with megyn Kelly.

I was talking more about the idea that what we saw in that video was just mutual theatrics.

I worded that wrong I'm sure they honestly feel strongly about the positions they have in this subject but what I meant was it's no different than watching skip and Stephen a. argue over Lebron.. They both believe what they are saying but its framed in a way that draws emotion not facts.

Ah I got you. I completely misunderstood what you were saying. My bad.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idek why he wasted his time. The ? kept talking over him and deflected (something everybody on that network does), so she won and he got shut down in the eyes of their audience.
    Idek why he wasted his time. The ? kept talking over him and deflected (something everybody on that network does), so she won and he got shut down in the eyes of their audience.

@atribecalledgabi we are so in synch...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

@atribecalledgabi we are so in synch...

35xyux.jpg
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    DL did an okay job, but it was just DL as usual. Arguing feelings over everything else. While he had an opportunity to make great points, he didnt. You cannot come on fox news without some actual heat. Theyre gonna bait you, and if you dont have logic and rational on your side, theyre just gonna get you emotional, and laugh at you essentially.

He shouldnt have really jumped into that Michael Brown case again. Thats the ? bait.

If i were him, when she said we shouldnt immediately start jumping to conclusions about anything, including racism, i wouldve said this

"You say we're jumping to conclusions, but no other race in this country has been as ostracized, lied against, and violently attacked and murdered like black people. We are paranoid about racism in this country, and we have been given no other reason to feel otherwise. You say its a post racial society, and it is in some ways. But we also know that the people who march with white hoods on, cover their faces for a reason. Its because they go back to working in private and government sectors at the end of the day, and thats terrifying to us. To know there are thousands of people out there that resent us just because of the color of our skin, and theyre faceless, nameless, and growing.

While you can bring up instances of justified police shootings, or justified physical takedowns for those resisting arrest. We cannot sit here and pretend that we have not seen public cases of police using racial slurs against us, beating us and tazing us with 3 men on top of us while they scream at us to somehow magically get our hands behind our back, or flat out shooting us with 100+ shots (sean bell) off of a misidentification.

So we want change. We want a standard for body cams and car cams. No interaction with an officer shouldnt have a video start to finish. We've spent decades having drugs planted on us, beaten, harassed, and to have the country turn a blind eye to us. Telling us that we somehow likely deserved it, or did something to provoke it. The Republican nominee did the most he could to get those boys in the central park 8 thrown away for a crime they didnt commit, and when they got out of prison for the crime they didnt commit, he wouldnt apologize, and said these still werent good boys regardless.

You tell us to relax and wait, yet this is the guy who is about to run our country.

This is why we're upset, this is why people are jumping to conclusions, because we've never been given the benefit of the doubt compared to any other group of people in the usa, especially police officers. "

Saying some ? like that wouldve crushed megyn. Shes a simpleton, and emotional person. Our people just do not come on these shows prepared enough. Their facts are sometimes disingenuous, as are our opposition, but we should be better than them. We want stuff, but we never say specifically what we want. Its usually some vague, general request. "We want equality!". Okay, like what. You want a specific law that says you cant pull over black people? Like what exactly do you mean or want.

Gotta come more correct out here in these news streets.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Too polite and too patient.

Should've just talked to the camera and called out how rude and racist she was, said what he had to say, and left.

Can't play their games, you're on their network - make it work for you. They'll just talk over you and cut you off.

What the ? you gonna say in 30 seconds to a minute with a funky racist white ? screaming ? over you ?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

In any setting, when people deflect from the initial conversation it does rattle you to lose train of thought because you don't know where to begin to set them straight
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still cant believe she said dont wow me...
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry ....SMASSSSHHH...the dont wow me was sexy....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    DL did his thing.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »

His next comment should been ""Don't flatter yourself...."
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

His next comment should been ""Don't flatter yourself...."

On some real ? , I was just about to post the exact same ? .
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    If All Lives Really Mattered to Cac's why do they fight so hard for the deportation of most immigrants?

why would anyone want illegal immigrants
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Is Fox's slogan still "fair and balanced" it should be illegal for them to say that
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    riddlerap wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    If All Lives Really Mattered to Cac's why do they fight so hard for the deportation of most immigrants?

why would anyone want illegal immigrants

immigrants meaning legal citizens.....whites call for their deportation all the time
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    She got that look that if u one up her she'll try to give u some after the show on the low
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She'll be crying in 5 years saying the president of Fox told her to hold his ? . smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why you got to be careful with DL. He's trying to say some real ? , but he's ? it up.