MJ and Magic go at during '92 olympics scrimmage *Good Read*

Options

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://bloggaforaflogga.blogspot.com/2009/11/nba-high-five_12.html

yeah that link seems to be the actual portion from the book.

but this dude here butchered it. for the most part the facts are the same
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've always said that the bulls couldn't hang with the showtime lakers.
    like jamaica said, jordan was lucky to hit his prime after magic and bird hit theirs....
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    good read lol at them bird ? on barkley and making him leave the room
  • elzo69
    elzo69 Confirm Email Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Y all know Bird aint give a sh*t bout Barkley. lol but that ether was vicious lol. and smh at Magic losing to a team with Christian Laetner on it ( although he was pujtting in work in those days)
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I Just had to come back in here and Once again LOL at that Bag of Ether Bird handed Barkley....Lmao Bird told that ? "You Dont have any say in this" .....Rofl...
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Crimson11 wrote: »
    Jordan’s face darkened.

how is that possible?

michael-jordan-mj-mj-23.jpg
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    he told Magic. "I will come in your gym and drop 60 on you. Ask your friend Larry about it.

^^^^that ? there was trill!!!!
  • Crimson11
    Crimson11 Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    I've always said that the bulls couldn't hang with the showtime lakers.
    like jamaica said, jordan was lucky to hit his prime after magic and bird hit theirs....

I don't think its as simple as that, Those Bulls teams in their prime were definitely no slouch,and MJ's competition during his run was just as great MJ was just that good where he didn't really have a rival,and if he did he found a way to beat them.

and as u read, if u did read the article, that scrimmage team coach Daly put Magic on was definitely superior to MJ's and MJ still beat them, but it was a great read just thought I'd share with the true basketball heads in here.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol at i'll come to your gym and drop 60 on you...lol
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Barkley was about to speak when Bird piped up, “Quiet!! You haven’t won a thing. You have no say in this. Same with Patrick and Ahmad. Your all gone! You guys have no championships so just sit there and be quiet and maybe you will learn some things.” (As an aside, interesting comments from Bird for those who wonder why Lebron wants to win championships so bad)

Big_Explosion.jpgD0C9DC22-8CA7-4363-90A9AC176C77FB73.jpgLarge.jpg.......................
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn that's a very good read and that ether found throughout was hilarious
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't think its as simple as that, Those Bulls teams in their prime were definitely no slouch,and MJ's competition during his run was just as great MJ was just that good where he didn't really have a rival,and if he did he found a way to beat them.

and as u read, if u did read the article, that scrimmage team coach Daly put Magic on was definitely superior to MJ's and MJ still beat them, but it was a great read just thought I'd share with the true basketball heads in here.

nah the story said that daly used to give jordan better players to not tr
    y to take it easy on magic and magic would still win consistently........
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    good ? .......
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damn that was a great read. man, i miss those times. that's when the nba at it's best. lemm ok ahead an issue magic this real quick...

IMG_0536.jpg

too be ethered like that is ridiculous lol. but that nike animated dream team commercial was off the chain tho.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ^^^never seen that before that ? was pretty nice!!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Classic post.....
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jordan had Rivals,he had the whole league tryin to stop him

Unlike bird and magic who fell off, jordan never lost as a champion,teams creating Jordan rules>>>>>>Having a rival
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jordan never had a rival that equaled him in terms of talent you can't deny that. Magic and Bird were equal to each other in talent.

I think the closest Jordan had was Drexler and that ? wasnt seein MJ
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jordan never had a rival that equaled him in terms of talent you can't deny that. Magic and Bird were equal to each other in talent.

I think the closest Jordan had was Drexler and that ? wasnt seein MJ

Thats my point exactly he was the best period.Nobody was on his level he dominated his peers

Magic and bird were even, jordan separated himself from the comp,there was no competition
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah I just honestly think the SG play in the early 90s was not like it was in the 80s and late 90s/00s

Or maybe Jordan was just that godly idk.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah I just honestly think the SG play in the early 90s was not like it was in the 80s and late 90s/00s

Or maybe Jordan was just that godly idk.

Jordan was def on another planet, but u figure if Jordan never existed and all the other players still played how they played the best player in that era wouldn't be the greates of all time. Id argue that the best player other than Jordan in his time isn't clearly better than Kobe, LeBron or Wade so I guess Jordan was fortunate in that aspect of not having a "leBron" type of player in the same era as he was in
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jordan seperated himself fromeveryone else i dont get why yall cant see that...there was alot of hof's from 84- 00 and jordan was just so much more dominate then them in almost every aspect of the game that all. kobe is just much more dominate than everyone now in the game even though people will like wade and lebron better but when it comes down to it kobe is much more dominat and the rings and his play shows it.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    Jordan seperated himself fromeveryone else i dont get why yall cant see that...there was alot of hof's from 84- 00 and jordan was just so much more dominate then them in almost every aspect of the game that all. kobe is just much more dominate than everyone now in the game even though people will like wade and lebron better but when it comes down to it kobe is much more dominat and the rings and his play shows it.

There were players better than Jordan during his first few years in the league, however by the time Jordan hit his prime none of his competitors were on his level. Imagine a NBA with Bird and no Magic or Magic with no Bird......
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Was a good read.. of course it was romanticized.. why.. beacause no one can say what it was for sure.. im sure it was intense.. im sure it was a battle.. but nothign else you can really be sure of.. because of the creative license that the author took.. and its like the game telephone.. the word changes.. the meaning changes..
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying. I can't really think of a guard/forward in the 90s outside of Drexler, who was on his decline once he hit the Rockets, that could even compare to a player like Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Melo. You had ? like Mitch Richmond and Glen Rice but dudes wasn't Kobe nice. ? they had ? like Harold Miner and Ron Harper being called Baby Jordans. ROFL