MJ and Magic go at during '92 olympics scrimmage *Good Read*

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying. I can't really think of a guard/forward in the 90s outside of Drexler, who was on his decline once he hit the Rockets, that could even compare to a player like Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Melo. You had ? like Mitch Richmond and Glen Rice but dudes wasn't Kobe nice. ? they had ? like Harold Miner and Ron Harper being called Baby Jordans. ROFL

Correct.. Drexler was one of the only Sg at the time that had the height/athleticism of mike.. he typically went against smaller less athletic guards(6'4 or so).. He still is Mj but that was just the fact of the matter during that time..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying. I can't really think of a guard/forward in the 90s outside of Drexler, who was on his decline once he hit the Rockets, that could even compare to a player like Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Melo. You had ? like Mitch Richmond and Glen Rice but dudes wasn't Kobe nice. ? they had ? like Harold Miner and Ron Harper being called Baby Jordans. ROFL

Is Mitch Richmond in his prime better than the likes of VC, Iverson, McGrady in their primes?
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Is Mitch Richmond in his prime better than the likes of VC, Iverson, McGrady in their primes?

Nah he was a better shooter than all of them thats for sure..but he didnt have these cats athletic prowess and flow.. not to say he wasnt a better "PLAYER" but he didnt have the extra gear these dudes had
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mitch Richmond was a lights out shooter but athletically I don't think anyone in the history of the NBA can compare to VC and T Mac save a couple. Those ? were blessed by the gods. I've seen VC do ? that I aint think was possible by a human being.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill in their prime in the mid to late 90's were some beast.......

They could definitely give them ? a run for their money......

pistons8.jpg

Pennyhard.jpg
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah he was a better shooter but overall vc, t mac and ai were better players.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Penny was nice as ? I'll give you that. Easily a future HoF if he stayed healthy. But dude had like 4 good years.

Grant Hill I don't think can be compared to Jordan in terms of athleticism. You got a better case with Penny.
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Penny was nice as ? I'll give you that. Easily a future HoF if he stayed healthy. But dude had like 4 good years.

Grant Hill I don't think can be compared to Jordan in terms of athleticism. You got a better case with Penny.

Penny was more smooth than super athletic.. he had the fundamentals.. very agile.. and just had an all around game..

Grant hill just couldnt shoot the jumper liek that till later in his career
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    MJ is greatest athlete of all time, any sport.

10 characters
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I agree that Jordan never had a to play against a gaurd of eqaul talent. People talk about Clyde, you realize he only averaged 25 points once in his entire career. MIchael Redds done it 3 times. Jordan never went against the Kobe's or the T-macs of the world.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yea cuz the tmacs and Vinces of the world Dominated the nba at one point nah they were just athletic,stop overrating them

What exactly has Vince carter or tmac ever done in their careers to be even mentioned period?
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    In 2002 Wizards played the raptors and Jordan dropped 38 on carter at age 39,Vince had 28

In 2003 Wiz played the magic Jordan dropped 30 and T mac had 18 in a blowout by the wiz

He dominated the league in his prime and still was killin cats at age 40

Oldest to drop 40 in nba history
    Oldest to average 20 in nba history
    Oldest to score 50 in nba history this was 2002-2003 just 7-8 years ago with zones and all that

lol @ saying he never faced the tmacs and vinces of the world,horrible logic as usual
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So, we just gon' ignore the way Gary Payton practically locked Jordan down in the '96 NBA Finals? And I'm a Bulls fan.

Payton was an incredible player and Jordan STILL beat him, and in that whole 6 game series he only had ONE Jordan-esque performance, but he adapted and beat the Sonics anyway.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Game 1 1996 nba finals Jordan 28 points 49% shooting bulls win 107-90
    Game 2 1996 nba finals jordan 29 points 44% shooting bulls win 92-88
    Game 3 1996 nba finals jordan 36 points 52% shooting bulls win 108-86

lol @ locking him down

Jordan had 2 5-19 shooting games after the bulls went up 3-0 that lowered his Fg percentages

So 27.3 ppg on 41% shooting is locking him down ,those numbers were lower than his average but not locking him down

22 ppg on 36% shooting(kobe 04 final numbers) is getting Shut down
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    So, we just gon' ignore the way Gary Payton practically locked Jordan down in the '96 NBA Finals? And I'm a Bulls fan.

Payton was an incredible player and Jordan STILL beat him, and in that whole 6 game series he only had ONE Jordan-esque performance, but he adapted and beat the Sonics anyway.

He made him definitely work.. wear are talking about the over all base..
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Game 1 1996 nba finals Jordan 28 points 49% shooting bulls win 107-90
    Game 2 1996 nba finals jordan 29 points 44% shooting bulls win 92-88
    Game 3 1996 nba finals jordan 36 points 52% shooting bulls win 108-86

lol @ locking him down

Jordan had 2 5-19 shooting games after the bulls went up 3-0 that lowered his Fg percentages

So 27.3 ppg on 41% shooting is locking him down ,those numbers were lower than his average but not locking him down

22 ppg on 36% shooting(kobe 04 final numbers) is getting Shut down

Gary didn't guard Jordan until Game 4, you dumb ? . By Game 4, he told Karl he was gonna guard Jordan whether he assigned him MJ or not. Gary had a calf injury in the first 3 Games and Karl wouldn't let him go at MJ because of it.
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    SLAM: June, ‘96. The NBA Finals. You were at the top of your game. Perhaps only Michael Jordan was playing at a higher level, going on to win regular-season, All-Star Game and Finals MVP awards that season. For a brief moment though, His Airness seemed mortal. In Games 4 and 5, you were the kryptonite to the Chicago Bulls’ Superman.

GP: We were down 3-0 in the series, so I went to Coach Karl and said, Give me a shot at covering Jordan. What did we have to lose? I would have picked up Jordan on defense earlier in the series, but I had a half-torn calf muscle, an injury from the previous series against the Jazz. It wasn’t reported at the time but I was really slowed down by the injury. I made Jordan guard me, made him play both D and O. I knew he was ? that I was given the cover of Sports Illustrated before the Finals. He hoped to avenge the SI snub by showing me up, so he wanted to cover me to try and stop me. And I was scoring. Covering me took a toll on him. And Jordan wouldn’t get all the favorable calls if I was covering him—I would get some respect from the referees being an All-Star myself. The strategy got us to Game 6, but that was as far as we went.

SLAM: That Finals represented Jordan’s lowest shooting percentage and scoring average in his six trips to the Finals. What was the secret to stopping him in a way no one had ever done before?

GP: The truth is, I just forgot about how he was the greatest to ever play the game. As I said to Coach Karl at the time, Let me do this and I will find a way to get it done.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-magazine/2008/11/nothing-but-glove/

Smh @ me being 6 at the time and even I remember Payton not playing Jordan until Games 4-6. I just didn't know that the reason he wasn't playing him in Games 1-3 was because he was hurt. I was happy as ? that it didn't go to 7 Games tho. But don't pretend like Jordan was still Jordan when he had Payton on him.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options

Game 2 Gp sticking Jordan

Game 1 gp sticking jordan

Dont be so emotional ? ? its just a disagreement,

Game 3 gp sticking jordan at the 4:30 mark u can ? now cornball

How u gonna tell a bulls fan about they squad come on son u from wack ass oakland u aint no real bulls fan

be-quiet.jpg
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options

Game 2 Gp sticking Jordan

Game 1 gp sticking jordan

Dont be so emotional ? ? its just a disagreement,

You're the emotional ? ? here. I'm just stating the facts. GP didn't primarily guard Jordan until game 4. Bwahaha @ GP only guarding MJ on 2 plays of both videos. Smh at you googling your ass off to find that ? . Didn't MJ have like 20 points and 4 or 5 turnovers or some ? in Game 6? Rodman won us that last Game ? . Not Mike. Mike played like Kobe with GP on him.
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Bwahahaha @ you claiming I'm not a real Bulls fan even though I suffered through 13, 17, and 15 win seasons AND I became a fan in '93-'94, the 1st year that MJ wasn't on the team. Damn. Now I see why them Donkey ? made you their toilet.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Bwahahaha @ you claiming I'm not a real Bulls fan even though I suffered through 13, 17, and 15 win seasons AND I became a fan in '93-'94, the 1st year that MJ wasn't on the team. Damn. Now I see why them Donkey ? made you their toilet.

You had jay shittin on you doggie and he dont even beef like that,come on son I remember Johnny green sonned yo wack ass too for being a ? lame dickridin during a exposure

You tellin somebody who literallly grew up right behind the chicago stadium about they squad and u been fan since 94 blah,blah,blah u a joke

Stick to postin yo wack poems and bein a corny ass ? you seem vexxed for no reason I'm laughin at yo ?

Peace "Killer" u wont bust a grape
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You had jay shittin on you doggie and he dont even beef like that,come on son I remember Johnny green sonned yo wack ass too for being a ? lame dickridin during a exposure

You tellin somebody who literallly grew up right behind the chicago stadium about they squad and u been fan since 94 blah,blah,blah u a joke

Stick to postin yo wack poems and bein a corny ass ? you seem vexxed for no reason I'm laughin at yo ?

You're the Randall Gene Moss of this feelings catching ? . Bwahaha @ you trying to take shots at me 'cause you weren't able to google anything to dispute the facts I just gave you. Disgusting.
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options

? , since when has Jay EVER dissed me? The ? just modded me and had been trying to mod me for months now. And Choice sonned me in an exposure thread? What ? ? How many lies is gon' come out yo fat lips?
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well that was unfunny

I'll post screenshots if I can remember what thread it was when johnny green was shittin on you tellin you to stop quoting him cuz u a lame annoying ass ?

No need to take shots I dont have nothin against you,I always thought u were super corny and ignored u becuz of that you the one steady talkin mad ? to me I dont know ? about you and always scrolled past your posts cuz you stay ramblin

But its whatever dog I gotta bounce you was wrong and got mad about it sorry
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Janky gifsoup aint workin right now But I was gonna post 4-5 gifs were Jordan is killin payton from those Exact same youtube videos I posted and those videos are edited not the actual whole games

In bball the other teams best player hardly guards the best scorer for the simple fact defense will where u out

Gp did stick mike in the 4th quarters and throughout that series not literally every possession and got abused like everyone else who stuck mike