Ex-boyfriend accused of blowing woman's arm off with shotgun

Options
HafBayked
HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mariam Harley lives in Shreveport and had her left arm blown off with a shotgun..

Authorities said her ex-boyfriend Steven Killingsworth was behind the trigger.

He is behind bars waiting on his next court date on August 31, officials said.

For the first time Harley is telling her story about what happened and how she is recovering.

Harley said she was shot five times.

Although she lost her arm, her spirits are very high.

She said she is devoting her life to her children and ? .

Her alleged attacker, Killingsworth is accused of showing up unannounced at Harley's home on the 6600 block of Liberty St. and confronting her on May 22.

Police said the pair dated but had recently ended their relationship.

Harley tried to run away as the shooting started.

Investigators said Killingsworth kept firing, and Harley collapsed.

"He was getting ready to shoot me in my head," Harley said. "I grabbed the handle and I just kind of pushed it down and I think from just grabbing it ended up blowing my arm away. Losing my arm saved me because a head shot would have been fatal."

The shotgun that blew her arm off was found on scene, authorities said.

Harley said she did not learn that she had lost her arm until she had arrived at the hospital.

According to the Caddo Parish Clerk of Court, Killingsworth's bond was first set at $250,000.

On June 13 Killingsworth's bond then went to $2 million, according to the clerk's office.

On June 28 Killingsworth was formally charged with attempted second degree murder, according to the clerk's office.

"The most emotional thing is really trying to get my kids through this," Harley said. "They are wondering how is life going to be different. they do not want to spend the night at the house because of everything that happened."

Harley said Killingsworth was not violent before, but verbally there were signs.

After breaking up, she said he would say they were destined to be together and would talk to her kids behind her back

She stopped talking calls texts. She said In his mind he believed if he couldn't have her no one else could.

"A lot of people thought I just was not going to survive," Harley said. "I was torn up I think the way that everything happened it was just ? sent that night."

10990970_G.jpg

10990972_G.jpg

Comments