NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone! For those of you that don’t know me already, my name is Erick Boenisch, Senior Producer on NBA 2K17. Many of you may know me by my online handle, SimBaller. I’d like to be the first person to welcome you to NBA 2K17! The team here at Visual Concepts has been working relentlessly on this year’s game, and I’m extremely proud to show you one of the new features that we know you will all really enjoy.

38557.jpg

NBA 2K17 features a simplified menu system that is both beautiful and streamlined. All of the modes within MyGM / MyLEAGUE feature an elegant setup flow that will guide you through the creation of your completely customized league, step-by-step.

For anyone who has read my blogs in the past, you know that I am serious about MyGM and MyLEAGUE. I'm blessed to work with a core group of people who share the exact same level of passion. We've done a LOT of work to these modes this year, and one feature I can't stop talking about is...League Expansion. This is entirely new to NBA 2K17, and is the feature I want to tell you about today.

League Expansion is, as it sounds, a way to grow your league beyond the 30-team NBA. When creating a new MyGM or MyLEAGUE, you have a few options on how you can handle the setup of your new league:

- Start with the current 30-team NBA, as it is structured now.

- Start a league with Expansion where you can instantly expand the league from 30 up to 36 teams (all with designs of your choosing).

- Or, you can start with a completely customized league (that can still include up to 36 teams) that may include realigned divisions, Expansion Teams, Classic teams, Edited/Rebranded NBA teams, Euroleague teams, and more.

38556.jpg

The League Expansion feature allows you to create a league with up to 36 teams (with 6 teams being Expansion teams). For those wanting to exert more freedom, Custom League allows you to create a league with a mixture of Current NBA Teams, Classic NBA Teams, Expansion Teams, and Euroleague Teams.

Every possible configuration you could want is now at your fingertips. And I have more features to make the expansion process even easier for you. If creating all of the art assets for the team logo, arena, and uniforms is more than you can handle, I have two alternatives for you. First, we have 10 pre-built fictional franchises (complete with full audio and commentary support) built right in to the game. Pick your favorite one and off you go. Alternatively, you can now download complete team designs from the community in NBA 2K17. For example, if you know that you want your expansion team to be a Seattle Supersonics franchise, you can search through community uploaded team designs and instantly download one right into your new MyGM/MyLEAGUE. It couldn’t be simpler.

For my franchise heads out there, you already know that a proper league expansion is more than just new logo/uniform/stadium art. The entire experience surrounding the game has to support it. We’ve covered every detail required for a proper league expansion, including player protections, expansion drafts, and much, much more. A considerable amount of time was spent this year building an NBA schedule creation tool that dynamically generates balanced schedules with respect to your 31/32/33/34/35/36 team leagues. We then created dynamic menus for every menu in the game including the Draft Lottery and the Draft, with respect to how many teams are in the league. For example, when you have a 32-team league, that means you now have 16 teams in the lottery (up from the current 14), and all the mathematical odds of getting the #1 pick that go along with that new Draft Lottery format need to be updated. Simply put, we left no stone unturned, and we did it all for your enjoyment. Immerse yourselves.

38555.jpg

For Expansion Teams, you can choose to: 1) Design your own team logo, uniform, and arena from scratch, 2) You can populate your league with a selection of fictional expansion teams we have built from the ground-up (complete with full audio and commentary support), or 3) You can browse Team Designs that other community members have uploaded. With only the press of a button, these Team Designs can easily be downloaded an inserted directly into your league.

League Expansion isn’t just a feature you can use when setting up your league. You can dynamically expand your league in the offseason, even after the mode has already started! Additionally, the league will approve expansion franchises dynamically on its own as you get further into your franchise. When that happens, you’ll need to make tough decisions about which of your players you want to protect, and which will need to be exposed for the impending Expansion Draft. It won’t happen very often, but when it does, it will shake up your league, without a doubt! For the MyLEAGUE users out there, you will have the ability to contract previously expanded expansion teams, should you choose to do so.

MyGM/MyLEAGUE has seen a LOT of great additions this year; I’ll get into the rest of those details a little closer to launch. We’re always looking for ways to innovate in the franchise space, and following on the heels of Team Relocation in NBA 2K16, League Expansion feels like the natural evolution moving forward with NBA 2K17. Let me know below how you plan on using the League Expansion feature. I’m excited to hear what everyone’s plans are!

Stay tuned folks, we’re just getting started here with the news drops for NBA 2K17…

Erick Boenisch

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    This is ? great
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deemula420 wrote: »
    ? all that they need to fix the ? AI on the teammates in My career.

Been my biggest issue with 2k. Gave up my career for My GM last year
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    MyGM surpassed MyCareer in 2k16
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deemula420 wrote: »
    ? all that they need to fix the ? AI on the teammates in My career.

YES. They do some stupid ? ...and can we make the coaches more intelligent? You'll be having a great game and the coach will bench you...and you'll end up losing the game.

Blowout options would be cool too....like of you're up 25+ in the 4th the coach asks if you wanna stay in or call if a game.

But the franchise mode stuff sounds cool too...I blow hours on hours playing mygm as it is and trying to try different strategies, play games, simulate games to see what players do. So now I can get even more lost in my NBA world that doesn't really exist
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    havent bought a 2k game might cop this
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    get rid of the shot stick
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    get rid of the shot stick

you know you can switch back to classic release with the button right?
  • AP21
    yea...spike lee really dropped the ball with the myplayer

hopefully they let you do more High School stuff and really give the feeling that you are being recruited
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall ? never go play online with other ic folks anyway

Just go log out or go to another session like the lonious monk was doing
  • AP21
    my thing with online has always been, play like real life..idk, maybe im thinking too much, but there is no fun in playing against people who only want to play as the same 2 teams

if you ride with Charlotte irl, play with charlotte in the game, but no one wants their precious e-rep tainted so...i just stick to single player modes
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @deemula420 @? _Caesar
    We running a 3 man team for 2k17?

Ima recreate tmac
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    my thing with online has always been, play like real life..idk, maybe im thinking too much, but there is no fun in playing against people who only want to play as the same 2 teams

if you ride with Charlotte irl, play with charlotte in the game, but no one wants their precious e-rep tainted so...i just stick to single player modes

Seem like on 16 most of the fools I came across that picked Cleveland or gs didn't know how to use em, I beat a clown using Cleveland with the Kings lol smh
  • StoneColdMikey
    Trailblazers are dope in 16
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »

Seem like on 16 most of the fools I came across that picked Cleveland or gs didn't know how to use em, I beat a clown using Cleveland with the Kings lol smh

Yeah I beat a dude using the Cavs with the Lakers.

All dude did was try to go Iso with LeBron the whole game. ? trash
  • mrtdb
    I'll pick a random team and still give someone the work. *if I get the 76ers imma pock a different random team tho, that's just not fair*
  • mrtdb
    Honestly 2k is simpler than real basketball..as long as you have 2 shooters to space the floor you can put up a fight against any team. Especially if the other player can't user defend well...I'll just abuse whichever player he's controlling
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That new screenshot makes 2k17 look HORRIBLE
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really on the fence about coppin this...a lot of the pre-order bonus content looks like a bunch of filler like last year. I might just stick with 2k16 for another year or cop 17 during Black Friday sales unless they have some hellva upgrades in that make me want to cop earlier.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know alot of the creators and development behind NBA 2k are Asian. But can they please make Jeremy Lin what an avg NBA player.

Lin hits almost every shot in the 4th quarter.
  • AP21
    detcatinva wrote: »
    i know alot of the creators and development behind NBA 2k are Asian. But can they please make Jeremy Lin what an avg NBA player.

Lin hits almost every shot in the 4th quarter.

gotta change dem sliders playboy

i always seem to find a nice set on Operationsports, then tweak accordingly
  • mrtdb
    Not sure if anyone has posted it before but
    zjf5kjsjj8ee.jpg
    wc858cvhgvju.jpg

how you guys feeling about this...
    "Come and See Me" isn't exactly a hype track...not exactly what I would expect in a basketball game...but hey...
  • mrtdb
    ^ I think it's pretty solid overall..."Low Life" would have been a better Future song to put on there for me or "7 rings" ...since it name drops Robert Horry...but that's just personal preference I guess.

Drake and OVO definitely have their mark on the soundtrack
  • StoneColdMikey
    Should had out jumpman
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrtdb wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has posted it before but
    zjf5kjsjj8ee.jpg
    wc858cvhgvju.jpg

how you guys feeling about this...
    "Come and See Me" isn't exactly a hype track...not exactly what I would expect in a basketball game...but hey...

FIFA soundtracks >>>