Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    sidebar: when they play stand by me in the begining, got me in my feels

GOAT INTRO
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOAT INTRO

I loved that. I've been listening to the ff7 soundtrack driving, need to give the normal soundtrack more play. I hope they got more songs like stand by me remade for this game, that was so dope hearing that.

Already pUT 46 hours into this game @not_osirus_jenkins how many hours you got? I see you on there pretty often
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

GOAT INTRO

I loved that. I've been listening to the ff7 soundtrack driving, need to give the normal soundtrack more play. I hope they got more songs like stand by me remade for this game, that was so dope hearing that.

Already pUT 46 hours into this game @not_osirus_jenkins how many hours you got? I see you on there pretty often

I got 28 hrs up there. I bounce between this and Skyrim and Overwatch. Now I don't even level up till I get 20k exp points. I just ride my chocobo through the night to keep from resting.
  • Lou Cypher
    Nice I'm level 53 right now. Just cleared out balouve mines. That boss aint no joke. Some samurai fool. I'm running out of side quests to do and just hit rank 5 on bounties. Think I might sail and push the story a bit so I can maybe upgrade some stuff cuz I can't find the items Cid needs for a bunch of things. I'd imagine I'd have picked them up again with all the monsters i ? . Had to ? the griffon 5 times to get it to drop a feather the science girl needs. Think I got about 7 of the royal tombs too. One dungeon I know needs done but it was a pain last time I tried. Lots of samurai and thunder bombs that just swarmed me. Gonna give it one more attempt if I can't clear it then I'm continuing the main quest
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 26 and on chapter 3. I've been grindin tryna get my level up. Doing more side quests now. Prompto sucks.

Prompto stays wasting my phoenix downs

What abilities are you guys using? Ignis' regroup ability is broken, dont really need phoenix downs. And once he gets his past 500 he doesn't die as fast as before.
  • Lou Cypher
    Paprika wrote: »
    Level 26 and on chapter 3. I've been grindin tryna get my level up. Doing more side quests now. Prompto sucks.

What abilities are you guys using? Ignis' regroup ability is broken, dont really need phoenix downs. And once he gets his past 500 he doesn't die as fast as before.

I cant figure out how to change those! i have them unlocked on the Ascension, but changing them i dunno how. I think i need to complete the main quest a little more, i just sailed for Altissa yesterday before bed and I am level 54 lol.
  • not_osirus_jenkins

Yea mo!!! That ? is tough! Prompto just gets to close to the fray most of the time. He's a pistol guy, go shoot from behind that tree or rock over there far away from battle.

I cant figure out how to change those! i have them unlocked on the Ascension, but changing them i dunno how. I think i need to complete the main quest a little more, i just sailed for Altissa yesterday before bed and I am level 54 lol.

You change them from the ascension screen but I'm not sure. Googles will have it. Prompto piercer is weak as ? . I need to unlock another one for him.
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While yall in here, I don't know how many passed on XIII-2 because of XIII, but I definitively recommend it since it's only 10 bucks used.
  • Juttythe3rd
    today was my first night really sitting down and plying with full attention. on chapter 5...that Titan fight

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Lou Cypher
    today was my first night really sitting down and plying with full attention. on chapter 5...that Titan fight

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Easy fight but it looked so ? awesome and epic lol. Ramuh you don't fight, bUT you do get to use him and when you do it is insane. I've only used him that one time though, every other time I try it never works dunno why.
  • not_osirus_jenkins

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Easy fight but it looked so ? awesome and epic lol. Ramuh you don't fight, bUT you do get to use him and when you do it is insane. I've only used him that one time though, every other time I try it never works dunno why.

I think i remember reading they come out when they wanna come out. So you can use certain ones in certain fights. I'm not sure tho.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You change techniques in the gear screen after you buy them with ap in the ascension screen.

Prompto shot does good dmg and also inherently helps him from dieing because when it's used he isn't being hit.

Really loving this game. On chapter 7 atm at lv 56.

Choco maxed, fishing lv 8 (probably 9 after I rest), survival 8, photo 9, cooking 7.

Just remember to have max potions at all times lol and a good # of hi potions.
  • Juttythe3rd
    That summon!!!

I'm on chapter 6. Noc is at 30 everyone else 29.
    My hiking. Photos and cooking Is high...but I'm still at level 2 fishing lol
  • Lou Cypher
    I found a Fishing spot at the bottom of the map and there was nothing there but Groupers and other Gigantic fish! I gained so much fishing XP off that ? . I believe there is a dungeon nearby it too.
    ethos wrote: »
    You change techniques in the gear screen after you buy them with ap in the ascension screen.

Prompto shot does good dmg and also inherently helps him from dieing because when it's used he isn't being hit.

Really loving this game. On chapter 7 atm at lv 56.

Choco maxed, fishing lv 8 (probably 9 after I rest), survival 8, photo 9, cooking 7.

Just remember to have max potions at all times lol and a good # of hi potions.

Thats awesome, thank you so much! i cant wait to get off of work and go kick some ass now haha.

Any of yall get to Altissa Yet? I didnt play at all yesterday so Im still at the very beginning of Altissa, but i know im way overpowered for it so I am just gonna wreck ? .
  • Lou Cypher

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think i remember reading they come out when they wanna come out. So you can use certain ones in certain fights. I'm not sure tho.

Weird, cuz to use them, you have to hold L2 for a long ass time. It worked in that fight at the base, but it was also a part of the story that thats when you use ramuh. Every other fight I try holding L2 and nothing happens. I was in Balouve Mines fighting the boss and noticed my screen telling me to "Hold L2 to Summon" but he killed me before i could summon ramuh lmao.

Those ? Samurai's aint no joke man, they ? you up!

I really need to work on my dodge and parry lol.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Bruh never played s FF game but I might have to now
  • not_osirus_jenkins

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Weird, cuz to use them, you have to hold L2 for a long ass time. It worked in that fight at the base, but it was also a part of the story that thats when you use ramuh. Every other fight I try holding L2 and nothing happens. I was in Balouve Mines fighting the boss and noticed my screen telling me to "Hold L2 to Summon" but he killed me before i could summon ramuh lmao.

I am GOAT with dodge and parry, how can you not be? All you do is hold the button down and it dodges automatically. It's not one of those tap to block you actually have to hold it. And how do you change the gods?
  • Lou Cypher

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am GOAT with dodge and parry, how can you not be? All you do is hold the button down and it dodges automatically. It's not one of those tap to block you actually have to hold it. And how do you change the gods?

Just a bad habit i guess. When the button shows up on screen to parry i can usually do it, but when I am attacking, especially while using daggers, i mash the circle button. It just feels like I attack faster when i mash vs holding it down. Im able to swap between targets and warp between them all when i mash too. I guess i just get in the habit and end up mashing square to dodge lol. Ill get some good practice in this evening.

As far as changing gods, im not sure. I thought I had gone to the temple for Leviathan, but it was actually a temple for Quezecotl (probably spelled that wrong) who was a summon in FF8. Hes a giant thunder bird. In Altissa is where Leviathan's temple is.

Unfortunately Quezecotl isnt a summon in this game, hes just a dungeon boss. But Ramuh and Titan both gave me their blessing or whatever its called, but I only know i can summon Ramuh, i dunno if titan is available to be summoned and if you can switch between them. I will look into that when i get some freetime here at work and follow up with yall if i find anything out.
  • Lou Cypher

If you like RPG's its a great series for real. None of the games are connected either (except sequels like 10-2, 13-2, and 13-3) so you can play any game without worrying about not knowing the story and characters. Dunno if you play any games with an emulator or anything, but FF6, FF7, and FF10 are CLASSIC. FF8, 9 and 12 are great. The ones before 6 I am not too familiar with, but 10-2 and 13 and the sequels arent really worth playing imo.

Im a big FF fanboy and played and completed 10-2 and 13 1-3 but hated them lol. Have to be able to say ive played every final fantasy though.

Final Fantasy 11 and 14 are MMORPG's and are online only. Play style is kind of like World of Warcraft.
  • Juttythe3rd
    It's been such a long time since there was a game where I looked forward to play everyday, noc is my ? b
  • Lou Cypher
    It's been such a long time since there was a game where I looked forward to play everyday, noc is my ? b

Thats exactly how im feeling. Been a long time since ive been so involved in a game haha.
  • Hevalisk

If you like RPG's its a great series for real. None of the games are connected either (except sequels like 10-2, 13-2, and 13-3) so you can play any game without worrying about not knowing the story and characters. Dunno if you play any games with an emulator or anything, but FF6, FF7, and FF10 are CLASSIC. FF8, 9 and 12 are great. The ones before 6 I am not too familiar with, but 10-2 and 13 and the sequels arent really worth playing imo.

Im a big FF fanboy and played and completed 10-2 and 13 1-3 but hated them lol. Have to be able to say ive played every final fantasy though.

Final Fantasy 11 and 14 are MMORPG's and are online only. Play style is kind of like World of Warcraft.

If you have a PSP (or a vita) FF IV complete collection is def worth it, it's a remastered FF IV with added content.

I do**loaded it on my h**ked psp, don't think it can be played on the PS3 unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCzDVh7xjs

Stop hating on XIII- 2

It's got some of the most "challenging" bosses in Final fantasy. (gotta get the dlc though :( )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gji45rAqC0
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is 15 a full blown rpb or is it like darksouls?
  • Lou Cypher
    Is 15 a full blown rpb or is it like darksouls?

Nah it's nothing like dark souls. Hard to compare it to any game really. The characters are already set up, it's pretty story and combat focused. Lots of quests and a skill grid you level up but the highlights are fighting and the story/cut scenes.
  • Hevalisk
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1322843&page=1

Apparently as part of the future patches/DLC, they are going to be improving the story/gameplay of some of the late game chapters, because word is they are pretty ? .