Sir ? Barkley defends stance on police: 'We'd be living in the Wild Wild West' without cops...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/07/charles-barkley-police-shootings-wild-west-nba
Charles Barkley defends stance on police: 'We'd be living in the Wild Wild West' without cops

Two weeks ago, Charles Barkley weighed in on the police shootings in Baton Rouge, Minnesota and Dallas. He said that there was blame to go around when it came to the black community and the relationship with police.

The TNT analyst and Hall of Famer defended that stance in an interview with Bleacher Report Radio on Tuesday.

Barkley was asked about Michael Jordan’s comments on the police shootings and Black Lives Matter movement. He praised Jordan for actively donating to charity, and doubled down on his comments from July 12, noting that he heard the criticism for his remarks.

He said:

“Number one, I appreciate anybody who has given a couple million dollars to charity. We’re blessed. ? bless him for that.

“As I’ve said before, and some people criticized me. I told them to kiss my ass because I can. We in the black community, we need the cops. Cops are important. They’re very significant. We as black people gotta do a better job of policing ourselves. The cops have made some mistakes — I think everybody has to admit that. But we just can’t as black people, every time something goes wrong, say it’s the cops’ fault. We have done some damage to our own neighborhood, and we’ve got to do better in that aspect.”

Barkley continued:

“But we need the cops. They are important. If it weren’t for the cops, we’d be living in the Wild Wild West. But it’s not as simple as that it’s always the cops’ fault. We as black people have made some mistakes, we’ve got to do a better job of policing ourselves.

“There’s no right or wrong answer. That’s the one thing about being black, black people only like you when you say what they want you to say. But I’ve been in that game for a long time, so that doesn’t faze me. I’m a big boy. I can handle the heat.

“But Michael (Jordan) gave money. ? bless him.”

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This same Barkley who once said "See thet why I hate White People" over questions when threw a guy through a window.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who keeps asking this guy to comment about the police?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's also ironic is how the gangsters and bootleggers of crime ridden Chicago prohibition era are also glamorized....and are called products of the depression era.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    maureen-barkley-1_thumb.jpg

200w.gif

She got down syndrome and he just plain Stupid
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the only time its appropriate for black people to stand up against police brutality is when “black on black crime" is 0%???

The entire population has to be perfect to be innocent ??

That's some ? a wht supremacist would say....
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maureen-barkley-1_thumb.jpg

There's so many things about this picture, I just can't even do it...
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These white supremacist are wicked, great deceivers, and love to manipulate people. That's why you gotta be careful with your language when you attempt to explain that ? for whatever reason. Be specific and don't give them room to weasel out. Remember they ain't ashamed to out right lie loud and repeatedly. They know gullible, ignorant, and naive people will eat what you feed them. Hell, that advice can help when explaining anything.

Corrupt cops, racist cops, crooked cops, race soldier, and so on. That's how you gotta address that ? when appropriate. Just so that the idiots get a clear understanding of what you're referring too. Also, to keep them devils from playing mind games with your words.

And with a wife that ugly, I can't help but think Barkley is ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Wild west wasn't even the wild west

It's ironic on the wild west, you'd get hanged for stealing a horse
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    he aint lie tho , law enforcement is needed in any country or there would be some chaos.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    he aint lie tho , law enforcement is needed in any country or there would be some chaos.
    Who ever said law enforcement wasn't needed???

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea we just need them to stop shooting us.. and finally live up to the credo when they see our faces. Do your job and serve with honor and integrity.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

see this? and it worked. smh
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    jetlifebih wrote: »

thats what the headline says
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Wild west wasn't even the wild west

It's ironic on the wild west, you'd get hanged for stealing a horse

Its funny, there are many authors out there who have proclaimed the wild wild west was actually pretty tame. Hollywood just created that image. Like how vlad the impaler randomly became a vampire named dracula. LOL

Anyways, this is pretty tame for charles barkley. Usually hes yelling some completely inane nonsense about black people.

But we need to change the narrative. Crime and poverty in general in this country need to be addressed. Dividing it by race is ? stupid. We didnt blow up the fed building in okc, killing men, women, and children, or get into a gun fight with the ATF in waco.

We can talk about violence in the black community, sure, but i think its time to just talk criminality, poverty, culture, and violence for all people. Shift from this race blaming ? .
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    All I got from that interview is that society needs police officers.

Police officers ? up and everyone needs to admit that.

We ALSO have to police(check) ourselves

We cause some of our problems ourselves.

Black folks point the finger at others but it's blasphemy to accept our own faults. Nobody can ever speak on that or they're a ? .

I agree with all of that ? bro. What exactly is wrong with those comments?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »

thats what the headline says

Straw man ? , why is he under the impression that people think they don't need police in society, we need decent police