American Horror Story, S6 Teaser Trailer

Options

Comments

• Guy Gardner
    Guy Gardner Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they really upped the despair this season, ? really drug out like a season long scary movie like season one did....which is how the show supposed to be imo

seasons 2,3,4 & 5 imo told a macabre like story....but they didn't have that flat out horror movie feel which made season 1 goat......this on some straight up demonic slasher type ? .....and it's working on so many levels
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im hate watching at this point.
    None of the cops had any questions after someone that survived that nightmare would pull out a gun and yell murderer at another "survivor"
    They introduce characters just to ? them.
    This ? wack
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These youtubers are us.They killed us.

That was the ? . assnt from ep 6's ghost

The cops don't give a ? .They deserve death for going back.Po Taissa

Lee wants that tape like Caine wanted that tape from Chauncey.I still don't think she killed Mason

They killing the ? out of fan favs.Damn Wes

Audrey is a gansgter.She headshotted dude.Surprised Monet's alive

LMFAO at how Monet reacted to Lee's confession.

Oh ? ,Lee is down with the witch now.

Monet should have fell back.Talking all that ? to a ? with a clever who you think killed her husband.Monet got ? up.

I knew Audrey was alive.Damn Black lives matter in reverse.Lee is the survivor.Audrey is dumb.

My prediction is we see what happened to Emily and Lee gets off because she blood sacrifices somebody to Scathach for good fortune like the Butcher did.Maybe Lana kills Lee like Bloodyface 2?
  • Guy Gardner
    Options
    Naw the finale going to be like the season 2 finale.. An after the dust settles interview
  • loch121
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My prediction is Flora killed Mason somehow.Flora ate the heart too.All of them ate the heart or came under the witch's spell.

Flora was in the woods for like 2 days and we never saw what she was doing.

American Flora Story

I been thinking that since Lee confessed.She specifically wanted to make it clear she did it by herself.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hype for tonight. Cooling a guiness, rolling a dutch and turning off all the lights. The homegirl Lana is back.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Lol Audrey's self centeredness.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Ghost Mason needs to return and get his revenge.

Looks like where this is headed.
  • Guy Gardner
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    My prediction is Flora killed Mason somehow.Flora ate the heart too.All of them ate the heart or came under the witch's spell.

Flora was in the woods for like 2 days and we never saw what she was doing.

American Flora Story

I been thinking that since Lee confessed.She specifically wanted to make it clear she did it by herself.

Real damn close
  • Broddie
    Options
    Justice. This was a true horror story. Top 3 season for me. Right behind the first 2.
  • loch121
    Options
    My theory was better

Too many unanswered questions.

What happened to Emily?Who burned mason?Why no feds arresting Roanoke cops and at least the last Polk?Why does nobody care about Cricket or the professor?

Where's Scathach?Why did the witch run from Shelby?Why did Shelby iscarriage when she touched Matt's hand

Why does Ryan forget plot points?

I did like the end because it was emotional,but Lee should have told her "We leaving lil ? and ? what you talkin bout"

I wanted to see Matt,Shelby,the actors and crew as ghosts.

season was cool,but as usual Ryan trailed off towards the end.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think some of you guys are spoiled by exposition heavy narratives and expected way too much for no reason.

None of the questions you asked where relevant to the main point of this season. Which clearly was that media culture as we know it is so shameless and distasteful that it could create monsters out of anybody. That's the true horror story.

It makes monsters out of the viewers because it desensitizes them so much to horrific ? they can't even flinch anymore at the sight of genuine real atrocities. They are so detached and cynical that they just assume it's another hoax in the name of entertainment.

It makes monsters out of the participants because it forces them into situations that bring out the absolute worst in them.

The tip of that iceberg was chipped in Asylun with Lana being exposed to horrors beyond her imagination cause she wanted a ratings earning expose.

This season just went all in and the metatextual deconstruction was on the money. That fan convention scene was scarily accurate. In terms of portraying both fans and celebrity culture.

So what will somebody bringing up the professor or cricket's fate again even add when we all saw it?

This season did what the best horror stories do. It left enough up to the viewers imagination that they still have something to chew on long after finishing with the narrative. It also had an emotional resolution for the protagonist but one that came by way of horrific results like a lot of great horror tends to do.

Truth is horror works better when there are as little answers as possible and the mysteries are key to the appeal. This is why the first Freddy movie worked so much better than the sequels that tried to show us his backstory. Also why the last scene worked so well.

When the butcher and friends showed up while the Swat team was there I was like "they better fade to black and not show the ghosts slaughtering the team". When it played out just like that in the end I had to clap. Nothing Ryan Murphy would've done could top what the viewer himself pictured the battle between the cops and the ghosts would've ended up like.

Anyway the last Polk was clearly killed. Shelby miscarriaged because it's something that just happens to people sometimes.

You can assume that after Lee "killed Mason" the ghost settlers found him and finished the rest. It was the blood moon after all. As for the cowering witch. Well we were clearly shown that after her transition from druid descendant to supreme her M.O. became coercion, temptation and manipulation. Not outright violence.

So why wouldn't she run from Shelby? She wasn't the butcher. Direct violence was not her true purpose. Instigating violence and corrupting souls was.

Elaborating more on that would've been pointless. They had 10 episodes to work with. If anything I'm glad they avoided padding episodes with useless fluff this year.

• Guy Gardner
    Options
    Great review, I agree with Broddie 100%
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This was definitely the worst season. I wish they scrapped the show premise.. and at the least just made it a found footage joint with some overlap of the present and the past.. while at the same time keeping the lana winters angle.

Edit that was actually a pretty good write up.
  • loch121
    Options
    Overall this season went nowhere and I was not happy with the finale.

I enjoyed it up until about ep 7 when they just started going haywire.

I'm mad at all the potential better ways they could have told this story.

Ryan should be smacked with a blair witch doll.
  • loch121
    Options
    Great review, I agree with Broddie 100%

I don't
  • Broddie
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Overall this season went nowhere and I was not happy with the finale.

I enjoyed it up until about ep 7 when they just started going haywire.

I'm mad at all the potential better ways they could have told this story.

Ryan should be smacked with a blair witch doll.

Will you watch American Crime Story next year?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this season was straight garbage, ? was wack as ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    They finally put this on netflix last week. Just finished and I was surprised at how much I liked it since I have a theory that even numbered seasons suck (? every last one of you that was in here talkin bout s2 asylum was good that ? was ? terrible). Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson are something else as actors. Of course shout out to Angela black excellence Basset

This season was good as hell. Some dumb things in it, just like every season of this show...so far I'd rank my favorite seasons

Coven
    Roanoke
    Hotel
    Murder house (I haven't seen murder house since it came on tv so I put it at the bottom just to be fair cuz idr it, but I remember liking it)

? asylum and never finished freak show cuz the first couple eps were wack to me
  • playmaker88
    Options
    you trippin gabi
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Word. Sister Mary Eunice was a great villain. Freak Show is dope too. Best Emma Roberts death.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    you trippin gabi

Foh Asylum was trash
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Roanoke whole reality show bit was trash they should have abandoned that aspect of the season
  • Broddie
    Options
    Roanoke whole reality show bit was trash they should have abandoned that aspect of the season

Nah that's what made the 2nd half of the season so great. It was also dope social commentary.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Word. Sister Mary Eunice was a great villain. Freak Show is dope too. Best Emma Roberts death.

I liked her and that dude that cremated himself. But all that alien ? in the 2nd half was stupid