167891012»

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only wack season to me was Hotel
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't even bother with it. What I did see was pretty atrocious.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    I love how every season after s1 is polarizing tho. Lot of people hate asylum and there's a few that loved it...lotta ppl love coven and there's a few that hate it...freak show was split...hotel was dope to me and ppl I know irl that watch liked it too so I had no idea ppl didn't like it til I came on the IC lol...
  • Broddie
    That's the makings of a great show. It could've easily coasted off the success of Murder House. Probably would've been more successful for it. Thankfully though Ryan Murphy is not conventional and loves to challenge his own creativity.

That's why even if a particular season doesn't do anything for you you can still respect its boldness and how it's not just another retread. It tries to explore ALL the horror subgenres instead of putting itself in a box. It's something that opens up and further expands the brand and keeps it fresh.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I appreciate that unlike other shows the story changes each season. Although i wish there couldve been another season of Coven
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Freak show plot was just the everyday life of circus freaks... You'll hate the ? out of the rich kid gabi..
  • atribecalledgabi
    Broddie wrote: »

@Broddie let's make a deal...you watch hotel and I'll watch freak show and see how we like it
  • Broddie
    Broddie wrote: »

@Broddie let's make a deal...you watch hotel and I'll watch freak show and see how we like it

If I find it on FX On Demand it's a deal.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Freak show plot was just the everyday life of circus freaks... You'll hate the ? out of the rich kid gabi..

I wanted to like that season really bad going into it...but it hit that wall with me where it was like after the success of coven, they just started doing off the wall weird ? for the sake of being weird. It put me off really early and I never got into it.

Hotel did the same shock value ? with the monster that was ? ppl...but the rest of the story hooked me in so I could overlook that part. Nothing grabbed me in freak show so I said the hell with it and never finished.