JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Where do we go from here folks

vote for hillary.. d'uh!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator

vote for hillary.. d'uh!

At least she's a white person who somewhat acknowledges that black people are getting ? over by the system so that's good enough for me to vote for her.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    ? up part of all of this is.. Folks already ? up the city so it's not like they'll care much if the people riot again. ? will just gentrify the ? anyway.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »

vote for hillary.. d'uh!

At least she's a white person who somewhat acknowledges that black people are getting ? over by the system so that's good enough for me to vote for her.

i was bein sarcastic..

? that ? !! lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    5th Letter wrote: »

vote for hillary.. d'uh!

i was bein sarcastic..

? that ? !! lol

Me too.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freddie Gray's family should be suing everyone.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Family would win a civil suit but they already settled for $6 mil I believe
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    white privilege at its finest

More like pig privilege because 3 of the 6 pigs are "black"…
    lkrwtf.gif

Well the cops who initially encountered gray on their bicycles were the white guys. The black cops showed up later, with one just being the driver of the van.

She ? this case up, and she knows it. She tried to hit them with charges that would not stick. Not even second degree assault would stick, and this is what happened as a result of those over charges.

The cliff notes of this case are.

Freddie was walking down the street, saw the three officers on their bikes, made eye contact, and took off running for whatever unknown reason. They chased him, said they didnt use force to take him down (yeah okay), and then the video picks up with him yelling in pain, and getting put in the van. The van stops 4 times, 2nd time to check on him and put him in leg shackles, and the third time to pick up another guy arrested.

By the 4th stop hes sent to the hospital immediately. Guy picked up on the third stop said it sounded like freedie was hurting himself, or at the very least agitated and kicking ? . He dies a week later due to his spinal injuries.

Its unlikely he injured himself without showing any other external evidence of banging your head or body around hard enough to hurt yourself to that degree. I dont know what the inside of those vans look like though. Common sense says he was injured in the takedown part when they gave chase, and while they might not have intentionally wanted to ? his spine up, they did, and didnt give him medical attention right then and there.

Looking at the cops and running is not illegal, but lets be real, theyre gonna ? chase you, assuming you just did a crime and are trying to escape. The knife he had on him that they initially used to justify the arrest was later not taken into account, and even deemed legal by marilyn mosby.

Its all about intent for a lot of those charges to stick, and with no body cams from the cops. We're stuck. Like denzel said in training day, its not what you know, its what you can prove.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea and argument that Mosby over charged these savages is absolutely insane. In fact D.A.'s and Prosecutors routinely over charge defendants it's a legal tactic to ensure that they get the defendant on a crime even if it's the lessor offense. These savages walked away scott free. Nada, Zilch, nothing.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    The idea and argument that Mosby over charged these savages is absolutely insane. In fact D.A.'s and Prosecutors routinely over charge defendants it's a legal tactic to ensure that they get the defendant on a crime even if it's the lessor offense. These savages walked away scott free. Nada, Zilch, nothing.

The lesser included offense is what youre talking about, and they used those. Second degree assault, and involuntary manslaughter are by default the lesser offenses of manslaughter and first degree assault. They were still going to be extremely hard to prove. Hence why people feel she ? up the case tacking on charges she had ZERO proof of.

Have to prove the officer acted recklessly for something like involuntary manslaughter. Its why officers who taze someone resisting arrest, who die later due to complications, arent charged with involuntary manslaughter, manslaughter, or murder. If they found out he held down shocking that person for 2 minutes straight, the intent is clear, its criminal negligence, recklessness, and he would be charged with one of the aforementioned 3 things above.

But because ? was wildin so hard in baltimore earlier, to quell the people and prevent a part 2 of that, instead of going for possible civil rights violations, reckless endangerment (not getting him a medic), and maybe aggravated assault from a possible aggressive arrest. She went for the jugular. She tried to charge the driver of the van with manslaughter by vehicle with ZERO evidence (the rough ride scenario).

Even if those officers ? grays spine up by tackling him hard to the ground. It would still be hard to get them on second degree assault, and or involuntary manslaughter upon his death. As you have to prove that they acted recklessly to cause that injury, and it wasnt an accident. Although they maintain it was not a physical arrest or some ? .

An officer should not be allowed to deny someone a medic because they didnt "look hurt". Thats what happened, and he walked because of a hung jury and mistrial. Even the office misconduct and reckless endangerment were dropped.

Not even at least reckless endangerment after a man dies from a spinal injury, and was denied a medic, is absurd.

Also, i stand corrected on possible civil rights violations, which i guess is why they didnt pursue them. Apparently if youre in a high crime area, and flee from officers just because, regardless if they have witnessed you commiting a crime, they can chase you, and detain you.

http://www.businessinsider.com/did-police-have-a-right-to-stop-freddie-gray-2015-4