So I'm 75% sure I will join the Air Force after this school year

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    If you have certs do they count those if you join?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    What is an officer
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mikey you need to complete your BA to be an officer.. you graduate yet? also you can join enlisted then later become an officer.. but if you close to graduating def just go the officer route.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Yeah I graduate in 2018
  • JusDre313
    What is an officer

the military is split up into enlisted and officers for the most part.. i know the army and marines too i think they have "warrant officers" but im not 100% on that. Enlisted folks are the workers and officers are the ones in charge, Lieutenant, captains, colonels, generals etc etc ... there the ones that get saluted. officers make more pay, your in charge etc ..enlisted you work yourself up the ranks.. but even if you make it to E9 your not making the kind of bread a 0-3 makes... if i remember correctly

heres a link to the military pay scale.. gives you a better idea of what im talking about

http://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/military-pay-charts.html
  • StoneColdMikey
    Twill I be able to finish school and be enlisted or do I have to wait ?
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and before any of you hotep nighas complain why you joining the white mans army . I can learn a lot of trades and skills for myself and plus the payments for school so ? yoj keyboard warriors

Lol...reminds me of Chappelles quote about wac arnolds..respect tho
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    What is an officer

Those are the ppl that get saluted everytime you see them. It is required.
    They make the most money and they call most of the shots.

Quote from my captain(officer) on my boat (Coast Guard).

"We'll be out to sea longer than expected. I'm not sure how long. Some of yall will miss your leave (vacation time) but I know we'll be back in two weeks so I can take my vacation."

l-184.jpg

That ? used to be hilarious. Getting into with other branches.

"Coast Guard doesn't do ? . Yall brown water sailors!"

That's why I joined. We got paid the same though
  • JusDre313
    I'm gon be straight up.

I ? hated officers. Any chance i took to punk one i jumped at it.

They constantly over step their bounds and try to punk NCO's in front of their soldiers. Not realizing the effect it has on a NCO's soldiers and that NCO's ability to lead.

Officers think they are superior because they do the logistics, while we do the ground pounding.

Officers constantly send enlisted out on ? up missions while they sit in the lap of luxury.

Most do not even deserve their awards or combat patches.

? an officer.

Only met a handful that i liked

only officers i met that were cool.. were ALL prior enlisted...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twill I be able to finish school and be enlisted or do I have to wait ?

Depends but these days if you are on top of your game you will be able to just do online course or on campus courses. Graduate in your time. While you are in. Network extra hard and have people sign off on you putting a package. GEt some Generals to do a write up and you will be a shoe in.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Explain the end part @caddo man
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gon be straight up.

They constantly over step their bounds and try to punk NCO's in front of their soldiers. Not realizing the effect it has on a NCO's soldiers and that NCO's ability to lead.

Officers think they are superior because they do the logistics, while we do the ground pounding.

Officers constantly send enlisted out on ? up missions while they sit in the lap of luxury.

? an officer.

This.....

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go medical. Good ? the hoes in medical
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    go officer or dont go at all

Airforce got fine hoes, they only be checking for other branches soldiers however. and yall constantly stay near other branches

use the airforce to reach your goals, they are going to use you. start building your retirement, pay for school or finish school.

paycheck will be steady

I had no problems. Especially in tech school. But yeah AF generally doesn't pick up the most fit dudes of the branches
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explain the end part @caddo man

So when you are enlisted and want to go officer (get commissioned) you have to do what they call a package. It consist of recommendations, your transcripts, and other things from your military time. they have a board and you are either picked or told to try again. the best package depending in the slots are picked.

With you being young there are many programs you can apply for to become an officer. But like all things networking gets you farther. Get the right people to sign off on you and you will be picked the first time.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I'm gon be straight up.

Most do not even deserve their awards or combat patches

? an officer.

He just gave you your answer...be an officer.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gon be straight up.

Officers Mods think they are superior because they do the logistics, while we posters do the ground pounding.

? an officer.

lol@you being all but 5'5" and punking someone. smmfh
    @bolded aint that how all yall mods be on this forum
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    ? what any ? say. Military is GOAT. ? pay for my schooling, all of my insurance, and honestly it options up alot of job opportunities.

Don't automatically become an officer. Go through the enlisted struggle. You might like being an NCO more.
  • StoneColdMikey
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    ? what any ? say. Military is GOAT. ? pay for my schooling, all of my insurance, and honestly it options up alot of job opportunities.

Don't automatically become an officer. Go through the enlisted struggle. You might like being an NCO more.

@The_Jackal what's NCO