What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

JOE BUDDEN FREESTYLE ON FUNK FLEX! GOES IN!!!

2»

Replies

• _God__God_ Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Sometimes you gotta show the kids you really ran with the Roc"

Note to Jay Z, THIS is a triple entendre:

1- Joe "ran with the ROC"... Joe Budden's love/hate relationship with Rocafella and Jay Z
    2- Joe "ran with the rock"... Budden chasing those Drake stans down the street with giant rocks in his hands
    3- Joe "ran with the rock"... implying that Joe moved weight on the street corner back in the day

Fire lyrics.

3 is a reach.

I aint the biggest Budden fan, but I've never heard him claim to be a crack dealer.

He said he did for a while in his podcast, but its Joe so there's a 20% chance its true. He denies doing crack but for whatever reason prefers to be called a dusthead.

Everybody sold crack in the 90s his past as a dust head makes him a prime canindate to know where the crack is at
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    "Sometimes you gotta show the kids you really ran with the Roc"

l.jpg
    KnowReasonForPeaceFocal Pointnj2089Tsotsi Cape Town
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how and why was Buddens blackballed?
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qawshun wrote: »
    mohamed wrote: »
    When actually you think about how long Joe Budden been in the game it's sad how underwhelming his career is. I remember when dude first came out on clue mixtapes- that shit had to be more than 15 yrs ago. *feels old*. Skill wise, he had potential to be at least what Fab was. Not sure if it was his work ethic or him just not choosing to go commercial.

He was black balled...

This n he fell in a weird space..his true fans loved that " mood musik" but the label wanted club hits(which he could actually make) n he eventually just stuck to making musik for his core fans IMO
    qawshun
  • _God__God_ Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe did alotta feature work to stay around
    Focal PointKnowReasonForPeaceTsotsi Cape Town
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    how and why was Buddens blackballed?

He was too vocal about his gripes with def jam, but def jam fucked up a lot of good projects before and after him. Damn shame when there's enough food for everyone
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
    Tsotsi Cape TownFocal Point
  • x the unknownx the unknown Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joe a bitch for not fighting back but i still fuck with him tho
    my top five
    1. nas
    2. styles p
    3. scarface
    4. skillz
    5. lloyd banks
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dej Jam didnt know what to do with Joe as a artist , and the desert storm label fell apart too
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This freestyle was meh
    KneeGro_DuperMan