Are you a loser for playing video games?

Options

Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what does make you a loser? Spending your free time trying(and failing miserably) to roast someone like that worthless ? boy @psychobutcher aka @bck145 .
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Btw psychobutcher sounds like a rejected mega man boss name.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what does make you a loser? Spending your free time trying(and failing miserably) to roast someone like that worthless ? boy @psychobutcher aka @bck145 .

Why did you just tag me in your lame ass video game thread again? I don't play video games I'm older than 10 years old

And don't worry genocide...I don't have to try and roast you, it's just so easy with your ? boy tendencies
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Btw psychobutcher sounds like a rejected mega man boss name.

? , you're named after a video game move.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did games fall off?

Too many disappointing games IMO. I personally only get hyped for Fallout, GTA, Elder Scrolls, Red Dead, Battlefield & 2K.

Everything else is hella short and offers no challenge. Boring. That's just my point of view.

I miss the days of Toe Jam & Earl, ? Man, Earthworm Jim, etc. We had alot of challenging and entertaining games back then. But then again I'm 30 now. I could just be growing out of games.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    How did games fall off?

Too many disappointing games IMO. I personally only get hyped for Fallout, GTA, Elder Scrolls, Red Dead, Battlefield & 2K.

Everything else is hella short and offers no challenge. Boring. That's just my point of view.

I miss the days of Toe Jam & Earl, ? Man, Earthworm Jim, etc. We had alot of challenging and entertaining games back then. But then again I'm 30 now. I could just be growing out of games.

Games back then was only challenging cause it was either A. Too short so they ramp up the difficulty and/or B. Bad design

All them "hot" games we played back then ain't all hot now
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope...

This guy sounds insecure af...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I jumped ofa games heavy about PS2 times. Completely missed PS3/X Box 360. Gonna jump back on though, the games finally got to a point where the graphics and systems can handle the big stories.
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Your a loser playing games only if your name is dsp lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna be gaming till I can't see no more. ? a hater.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if its ALL you do and you still leaving wit mom dukes at an age where u should be on your own then yes its loser ? .

i know a cat close to 40 wit kids still living at his mama house and he plays cot damn pokemon on damn nintendo ds.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? saying gaming is for losers but be spending so much time on FB-IG-SC etc.....

That's just you quintessential female logic.

You have grown ? men and women dressing up for *insert name her* con, hell you had 40 somthing's in line for the midnight release for the new Harry Potter book.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you 30, living @ home with moms, a ? and playing games all day then yeah, your a loser.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe not "loser", but do y'all ever feel like you just wasted hours playing some meaningless video games? Not hating, I'm 26 and play PS4. But lately I get this feeling of like I could be doing something better or not liking the fact that I spent the entire day playing games once I got off work. Idk
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhPee wrote: »
    Maybe not "loser", but do y'all ever feel like you just wasted hours playing some meaningless video games? Not hating, I'm 26 and play PS4. But lately I get this feeling of like I could be doing something better or not liking the fact that I spent the entire day playing games once I got off work. Idk

That means the rest of your life has no meaning.

I can get 7 hours of gaming in and still feel like I was better than I was yesterday in other aspects of my life.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I was born in the 80s, and while I do enjoy playing video games I cut it down significantly. Been busy with life, but if a game intrigues me I will cop and play it. What's the difference ? Everybody up in their mobile phone anyway texting, gaming ETC
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it depends on the types of games you play and/or how much time you putting into it. I play games like COD where I can get on for 10-20 minutes and get off. I do the occasional Uncharted and binge a few nights when nothing's going on, but that's like once a year or more. If you playing video games 2-3 hours every day then yeah, you a loser. Get up, get out, and do something!
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    I think it depends on the types of games you play and/or how much time you putting into it. I play games like COD where I can get on for 10-20 minutes and get off. I do the occasional Uncharted and binge a few nights when nothing's going on, but that's like once a year or more. If you playing video games 2-3 hours every day then yeah, you a loser. Get up, get out, and do something!

Wtf
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hadn't been bigg into video games since about 09. But I got a $200 a week weed habit so who am I 2 judge? If video games entertain you, do you and ? tha haterz. You know how many people still say how immature and stupid weed is for me? ? em lol
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hadn't been bigg into video games since about 09. But I got a $200 a week weed habit so who am I 2 judge? If video games entertain you, do you and ? tha haterz. You know how many people still say how immature and stupid weed is for me? ? em lol

some real ?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    The stigma of gamers being losers ended by 2001.

Not completely true.

Gaming has never been as mainstream as it has been in the 21st century. Just like the internet stigma died cause the net went mainstream so did th gamer stigma. It's been normalized because now everyone plays video games one way or the other.

It's human nature to play games even old people play chess in the oark. They also like net games like candy crush, Scrabble,zuma etc. If played GTA online with older dudes I. Their 40s 50's etc.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Youtuber in that video sounds like a loser, full stop. That's not gaming's fault, that's just him.

You're not a loser if you enjoy videogames, but I feel the mainstream press and media still has a problem with the subject and still likes to push that notion to a point that people still believe it to be true.

Considering the videogame industry makes more money than the film industry it can hardly be considered niche. Everyone from console owners to smartphone users takes part in some form of gaming at some point yet it still feels like it gets treated like an activity only children or male, socially-awkward, teenage geeks locked in their rooms take part in. Considering twenty and thirty-somethings are the larger demographic when it comes to console games it just seems like the press just refuses to shake off what is a very outdated view of the subject. Add that some people still think videogames are corrupting children and I just think it's an issue with the press and how they still portray the subject.

YouTubers are losers period.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm playing video games til the day I die... even when im in my 80s..arthritis and all.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    I'm playing video games til the day I die... even when im in my 80s..arthritis and all.

You probably won't even need a controller by then.