Options

Comments

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    i ro ny wrote: »
    how are these 2k wrestling games? i havent played one since no mercy (the goat)

they suck compared to no mercy.

its the saddest ? ever. all this ? technology and they cant make a decent ? wrestling game.

? too much now. I just download 16 for free. Button layout is all over the place. I miss the grab and punch days. ? takes entirely too much brain power to play now.

Yeah truth be told I like the WWE games and buy them every year and since 2k has taken over the franchise the graphics look better compared to the THQ days. Near the end of THQ's run with the WWE series the models started to look more & more like cartoons with each installment. Now don't get me wrong because even though 2k has tried to expand & improve on the foundation that was set by Yukes/THQ it's still room for a lot of improvement in the WWE 2K series.

I agree that it's about time the gaming engine/button layout (along with Universe Mode) needs an overhaul. When I'm playing 2k16 I get confused on how to activate the body limb targeting system, when to use the "? " moments, and I hate the submission system with a passion. The only reason I keep buying every year is because of the creation suite, DLC Packs, & the community creations.

Their focus this year is Universe mode and career mode.

And they bought back the OG submission system so u can use either that one or that new mini game ?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there an online multiplayer option??

How is the game online if there is an option?
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Is there an online multiplayer option??

How is the game online if there is an option?

Laggy
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I see why I been sleeping on WWE games since the GameCube era.

Career mode is hot garbage. I beat Kevin Owens, who is current NXT champ twice a week. But they won't give me a title shot because this lil punk ads Asian wants to be my rival every chance he gets.
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    AWW ? !!!!

Since its debut in WWE 2K15, MyCareer mode has allowed players to experience the evolution of a WWE Superstar from NXT novice to absolute legend. In WWE 2K17, that journey is the most advanced and compelling yet created. Watch the trailer above to see MyCareer in action narrated by Paul Heyman, advocate of WWE 2K17 cover star, Brock Lesnar. Read on to dig deep on more details and advances headed to MyCareer.

Jump ahead to the main roster if you’re good enough
    In past MyCareer iterations (and in real life), new WWE Superstars start off at the WWE Performance Center, debut on NXT, and work their way up to a spot on Raw or SmackDown. Now, if you prove your exceptional skills in the opening tutorial matches in NXT, head trainer Matt Bloom will offer to fast track you to the main roster. If you need work, he’ll recommend you remain in NXT and develop further.

Become a Paul Heyman guy
    As you rise through the ranks of WWE, the legendary Paul Heyman will take notice and attempt to take you under his wing. He’ll offer long term challenges like holding a title for an in-game year with the promise of a big payout. Impress him enough and he may bestow one of WWE’s biggest honors – becoming a Paul Heyman guy. Accept and you’ll have The Beast Brock Lesnar on your side along with Heyman’s incomparable crooked ringside manager skills. Refuse and Heyman will release The Beast on your ass.

Captivate the fans with the new Promo Engine
    Anyone who’s watched even 10 minutes of WWE programming knows that talking and charisma are just as important as in-ring skills. With the debut of the Promo Engine in WWE 2K17, players will be able to experience this vital aspect of sports entertainment in a whole new way. Promos can be slotted into various segments of the show so you can decide the best time to talk about how great you are or call out a rival. Once your promo begins, you’ll have several talking points to choose from and a limited time to decide. As you make choices throughout your promo, a performance meter will show how effective your words are with the audience. Whether it’s rapturous cheers or thunderous boos, the more extreme the reaction you incite the better, boosting your face or heel rating, popularity, and bank account.

Engage in deeper rivalries
    The Promo Engine allows you to take rivalries deeper than ever before. Call out anyone on the roster in your promo and if their displeasure with you is high enough they’ll come out and respond to the challenge. Escalate the feud enough and they’ll beat you down during backstage interviews, attack you mid-entrance, ruin your match in progress, or beat you down after a match with someone else. Of course, you can repay your rival with all of these tools as well. Rivalries now span multiple months of pay-per-views and have a definitive winner and loser. Beating your rival in the ring and on the mic will provide boosts to VC and popularity.

Earn more than one title
    Winning a WWE championship is one of the greatest achievements you can accomplish in the business. But why stop with just one? Players can now hold two titles at the same time if they’ve got the skills.

Get a piece of the merch royalties
    For the first time in MyCareer, players can make VC off of their merchandise. Design a shirt and wear it on a show as entrance or in-ring gear and fans will buy it based off of your popularity rating and skills in the ring and on the mic. This provides an alternate income stream if you decide to defy The Authority’s commands for a match that may involve unpopular actions and losing. You can play your way and still earn VC without feeling the sting of lost bonuses from Triple H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvUhHm2K98
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE.com has accidentally leaked the WWE 2K17 Season Pass details 24 hours early, and has since taken the post down. The following was revealed in the post.

A slew of new offerings from 2K will ensure that the fun is only just beginning when WWE 2K17 hits store shelves this fall.

On Thursday, 2K announced new details regarding its upcoming DLC, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition for WWE 2K17. The new content, which adds a new dose of WWE’s past and present into the vaunted WWE video game series, will begin releasing in fall 2016 and will continue to do so into 2017.Regarding WWE 2K17’s DLC offerings
    The upcoming WWE 2K17 downloadable content gives grappling gamers a new set of features and playable characters for the latest edition of the venerated WWE video game series.This year’s WWE 2K17 DLC offerings include:

The Accelerator, available for a suggested price of $4.99, gives players instant access to all content within WWE 2K17’s VC purchasable section (excluding DLC), plus control over rankings and attributes for all playable in-game characters.

The Future Stars Pack, available for a suggested price of $8.99, adds Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger to the playable roster.

The Hall of Fame Showcase, available for a suggested price of $9.99, allows players to recreate iconic battles from WWE history in their storied settings, including:

Cactus Jack & Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael “P.S.” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992)
    The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts & Michael “P.S.” Hayes) vs. Kerry & Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986)
    Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000)
    Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988)
    Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998)
    Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)
    Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999)

The Legends Pack, available for a suggested price of $8.99, boosts the playable roster with a collection of WWE Legends, including Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka.

MyPlayer Kick Start, available exclusively for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for a suggested price of $9.99, gives players control over their created Superstar’s rankings and immediate access to all clothing which provides attribute boosts in

MyCareer mode.

The New Moves Pack, available for a suggested price of $3.99, provides a new set of maneuvers for players to add to their virtual arsenals in WWE 2K17, including the Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by current WWE Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte), the Elbro Drop (made popular by Zack Ryder), the Face Wash Combo (made popular by Samoa Joe) and the TJP Clutch (made popular by current WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins).

The NXT Enhancement Pack, available to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players for a suggested price of $9.99, gives players access to Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura as playable characters, and 50 percent more points at the NXT level in MyCareer. PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers can still gain access to this trio of NXT Superstars by obtaining the NXT Legacy Pack, which will be available for a suggested price of $4.99.
  • willhustle
    Options
    I can say I like this year's game. My issue so far with WWE 2K17 is Universe mode.

When I edit matches on the shows, it seems that more matches are auto-generated. Like if I set SD, RAW, & NXT to 6 matches a show and edit the matches, the computer gives me an additional 2-3 matches on the card.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I can say I like this year's game. My issue so far with WWE 2K17 is Universe mode.

When I edit matches on the shows, it seems that more matches are auto-generated. Like if I set SD, RAW, & NXT to 6 matches a show and edit the matches, the computer gives me an additional 2-3 matches on the card.

Yeah that's just a glitch that'll be fix . But yeah this game so fun. The promos are golden .
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Bruh had a promo with rusev, Balor comes out cuz that's the feud I have going on, they went back and forth and I had rusev attack finn all over the ring
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    Lmao ayo i cant get my dude over bruh :s this ? be on a roll in his promos then all of a sudden ? just goes down hill and the crowd start chanting ? .. i been trying to be a face but my meter still aint got no color to it cause i keep bombing in promos... i guess i need to improve my promo skill.

Im actually playin two career modes at once, one dude a face the other is a heel. My heel character is doing good cause its easy to talk ? to the crowd and make them hate you. My tag team partner got pinned in a tornado tag against Fandango and Tyler Breeze so im bout to turn on his ass when i play tonight
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Lmao ayo i cant get my dude over bruh :s this ? be on a roll in his promos then all of a sudden ? just goes down hill and the crowd start chanting ? .. i been trying to be a face but my meter still aint got no color to it cause i keep bombing in promos... i guess i need to improve my promo skill.

Im actually playin two career modes at once, one dude a face the other is a heel. My heel character is doing good cause its easy to talk ? to the crowd and make them hate you. My tag team partner got pinned in a tornado tag against Fandango and Tyler Breeze so im bout to turn on his ass when i play tonight

Ur character is a ? jus lik u
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    UPDATE: I turned on my tag team partner for when he got pinnned last week.. called that ? out right before our tag team match against the Dudley Boyz and told him to kick rocks and he said cool cause he was tired of teaming with me anyways basically.. then i told him next time we cross paths i was gonna kick his ass. After he left the ring that ? turned my tag match into a handicap match and the Dudleyz beat my ass.

So on Smackdown I went and found my ex partner after his match and beat his ass for leaving me alone then right after i was gettin interviewed backstage & he came and attacked me, we got into a big ass fight and it ended with him KO'ing me backstage.... right before my match against Kevin Owens. So my dude was weak against Owens but he still won
  • RickyRich
    Options
    UPDATE: I turned on my tag team partner for when he got pinnned last week.. called that ? out right before our tag team match against the Dudley Boyz and told him to kick rocks and he said cool cause he was tired of teaming with me anyways basically.. then i told him next time we cross paths i was gonna kick his ass. After he left the ring that ? turned my tag match into a handicap match and the Dudleyz beat my ass.

So on Smackdown I went and found my ex partner after his match and beat his ass for leaving me alone then right after i was gettin interviewed backstage & he came and attacked me, we got into a big ass fight and it ended with him KO'ing me backstage.... right before my match against Kevin Owens. So my dude was weak against Owens but he still won

Is this real ? ? seems so realistic
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to wait until Dec to open n play.. it's one of my sons gifts
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »

Is this real ? ? seems so realistic

Hell yea its real

one thing i learned so far is dont go startin ? wit ? cause they gonna make your life a living heel.

On my face character I called out this other created career mode character in NXT but he aint come out on stage, so i called him scared he waited like 2 weeks then him & Samoa Joe decided to clique up and attack me and my tag team partner before a match. We ended up losing the match cause we were weak.

Then next week we beat him & Joe but while i was gettin interviewed about winning he attacked me and beat my ass. They be bullying the ? outta both my characters
  • StoneColdMikey
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I was able to go straight to the main roster with a feud with Albert de rio. I called him out. I attacked him before - match then he attacked me while I was doing an interview ? was dope!!
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Wat version did yall get
  • willhustle
    Options
    Wat version did yall get

I got the regular version but almost came close to buying the NXT edition for $80 since I had GCU membership at Best Buy but they were sold out of it. This game is fun but they gone have to patch the Universe mode glitch when they drop the first DLC pack.
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    Wat version did yall get

I got the regular version but almost came close to buying the NXT edition for $80 since I had GCU membership at Best Buy but they were sold out of it. This game is fun but they gone have to patch the Universe mode glitch when they drop the first DLC pack.

I have the preordered version where u get goldberg. Wanted the NXT version of course but didnt cop it.. Aint all of those characters gonna be available for that accelerator thing that gives u everything?

What is the glitch? i havent tried Universe yet @willhustle
  • willhustle
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wat version did yall get

I have the preordered version where u get goldberg. Wanted the NXT version of course but didnt cop it.. Aint all of those characters gonna be available for that accelerator thing that gives u everything?

What is the glitch? i havent tried Universe yet @willhustle

Yeah the NXT characters they had in the NXT edition of the game will be in the season pass not the accelerator though. I went on 2k fourms for WWE 2K17 to see if there was a solution to the universe mode glitch and found nothing so I guess, it's gone be patched when the first DLC Pack drop.

The problem in Universe Mode is that when editing matches on the card for shows the computer automatically generates an additional random 3-4 matches on the card.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ladder Matches >>> this year with the new belt pull down mechanics.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Had an awesome 5 star match with KO then de rio attacks me backstage and my health was still Low. That was dope