Leaving ya PS2 on all night because you didn't have a memory card Appreciation thread

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamcast put memory cards on another level with the screen that you could interact with
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat for the GTA cheat codes, sitting there punching in them codes just to get your money up or to get the good cars.

But nah I ain't never leave my ps2 on all night. I had like 2-3 memory cards and when they got full I just used my lil brothers.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Im proud to say I failed 7th grade cause of this ? . In 1993-1994 the only reason why I went to school was to trade and borrow games, read EGM and Game Pros and make fighting game move lists. I had a trapper keeper full of written down moves, magazine tearouts and drawings of RPG maps. My mom worked in a office so she photocopied game pages for me and i used to sell them at school to buy tapes or money to rent games on friday night. Friday night at blockbuster then>>>>the club now

covermagazineegm54.jpg

This issue right here was the equivalent of ? ? epidemic in my school and hood. I can recall in DVD detail ? fights, teachers getting cussed out and ? ganging up and snatching on whoever reading this issue like wolves. This is how 90% of people in world found about the first MK2 screenshots, moves and finishers. If you had this issue you were bigger than the plug. ? would kiss your ass, give you their lunch, follow you, be your bodyguard, do your work anything just to get a peek. I got tons of stories about this magazine. Great time to be alive then

50 more GOATS.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i subscribed to the tips n tricks magazine for years
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Na my people came up by the time ps2 dropped

I had multi taps and some more ? , game shark online for socom and all dat dere

I remember when the multitap first dropped, ? changed the game
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never did it but my boy did come to school saying he left his psone on cause he couldn't save in a dungeon in Wild Arms
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I had one memory card for the ps2...and I remember if I bought a new game I had to just delete stuff from it to make room or just yolo it.

My parents used to come in my room when I was asleep and turn stuff off though...so it was always a risk leaving it on...maybe my progress will still be there when I wake up...maybe not.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had that struggle post when I turned 18 I bought myself a Ps2, with Gta, Nba Streets and a memory card for my bday.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ? ? . I can't see this happening after SNES/Genesis

Who cops a game system, a extra controller, and games but no memory card. Smh. Smart dumb ? .
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

Who cops a game system, a extra controller, and games but no memory card. Smh. Smart dumb ? .

The memory card and extra pad didn't come bundled with the ? . 5 of us had one pad on the PS1 for months. Then it was either pad or card, a no brainer in a house of 7+ kids
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I still got my original PS1 & PS2 with box and memory cards...Original games too...Duke Nukem, Medievil, Tomb Raider...etc....
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

We were buying those thrid party controllers and memory cards.

You remember those memory cards, with like 128 blocks of memory, them ? that would become corrupt in 3-4 months, and make you lose all your game saves.

(actually, this was during the ps1 days)
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These ? right here

mcardSTwqD.jpg
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played original Max Payne recently. The old cheats still work. So nostalgic!
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing most people in this thread were kids ya ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this was totally me. My parents were cheap ? when i was growing up. Always bought me the cheapest game system bundle they could find. Got the PS2 3 years after it was released and didnt have a memory card for it for like 2 weeks. Would play GTA Vice City and Kingdom Hearts for forever but never turn it off cuz i couldnt save. Come home later, and the game would be frozen cuz the ps2 was on for too long lmao.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOOO This ? Was Me During The PSX Era...I'm Sure I've Told This Story Before But I Was Playing Resident Evil 2 (Leon Disc) And I Got To The Part Where You Face Off With That ? Gator In The Sewers...? Was Instant Death Cuz I Couldn't Figure The ? Out..I Finally Gave Up And Looked Online For The Walk Through...I "Copped" One From Some Lame In High School But Didn't Need Until The End.