Wyclef Running For Haiti's Presendency

Options
LONDON!
LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Social Lounge
if you had read some of my blogs(which i ain't into at all, unless its one of those free d/l music ones, i mean i've got a life, but its a free ? world, yes it is, so i ain't hating, because i ain't a hater, i've got a life, even though those other blogs are done by bougie nerds wit big mouths behind computer screens a million miles away in secret locations, wit too much time on there hands) i was forced to do back in the day because of unanamed sex offenders trying it wit me and my famo from secret identity's behind secret locations, which i only did because at the time i thought it was mostly industry mudda fockers and i thought if i shame them on a public underground, make em lose fans, customers, flop there money, kick food out of there mouths publicly, even on a undergound level, they would front for the public and bring it to man on the streets, you get what i'm saying, i don't have to elaborate and if you had checked them back then, then you would know certain names were on there, some warranted even to this day, but most were on some goofy ? , like i was just running wit whatever name popped in my head that the sex offending voices sounded remotely like to me, witout being technical and being more professional wit it like i do now, because i don't play games when it comes to the protection of my family from poom poom ? sex offender, weakheart, insect worm, piece of ? , nasty vermin, sex offender's, you get what i'm saying, because if it ain't you, then that person would have nuthin to worry about and have a life and bills and wouldn't have time to worry about blogs or websites if it ain't them, i'd see it the same way if it was on the other way and the shoe was on the other foot, its probably gonna turn out to be a bunch of crackheads, brownheads and coke freaks wit a few entertainment heads in the mix aswell, you get me

but my point is, putting certain heads on there over flimsy ? at that time, wern't smart or technical or productive, it was just i really wanted to get my hands on whoever it was and do some serious damage to them, you get what i'm saying, they are ? sex offenders, pure and simple, ? , paedophilles, peeping toms, voyeurs, stalkers, rejected repulsive ? groupies, rejected repulsive, skin crawlinly ? inducing, revoulting and creepy like a ? , ? (paedophille) ? , who have major, serious, severe, warped out, goofy, mental, creepy, disturbing, nasty, repulsive, sexual perv problems, typical sex offenders that can't get sex in an appropiate fashion that can't take rejection and don't know when to stop, no matter how much these chump ? perverts get exposed in public, so i had to protect my famo and the public from these coward, no shame, no pride, no dignity, ? little scumbag pervs, you see what i'm saying, by any means necessary, my famo and innocent public that mind there own bizness and think about who they know only are more important than them, yes they are, in every capacity

so i won't disrepect certain human beings wit naming previous names that was put onto that list goofyly and embarrasinly, looking back now and lower them or put them on the same level as these sex offender piece of ? , all i'm gonna say is wyclef is a decent brother, thats got genuine love worldwide and who does a lot for the community and always shows love to the hoods worldwide wherever he goes andv touch's down, he's for the hood, truss me on that and for that brother to be the president of haiti, which it looks likely like its gonna be, then thats just a beautiful thing because for the first time ever, other than hugo chavez and other a-alikes like him throughout history, for the first time other than those type of brothers and sisters, its the first time that we're gonna get someone from our generation, one of our kind, from our community, in power, no fake, anti-christ illumati good conman barack obama bizness, you get what i'm saying, wit the mandate to do genuine good, i just hope they don't try to assasinate that brother or sumthin you know, for real like, you get me, i'm proud of that brother, because i would have loved to be the president of my parents birthplace, z(zambia in southern africa), but the rules there right now don't allow it and i know if i tried to carry out my agenda there, i would get assassinated asap, no questions asked, so big up wyclef for carrying that foot forward and representing, if he gets elected it will be a very proud day for hip hop and for our human being's thats on a level community worldwide, full stop, you get what i'm saying, wyclef, salute, salute, salute, 21 gun salute to that brother, my people, salute, big up, salute cuzzy

this is taken from www.allhiphop.com

Breaking News: Wyclef Jean To Run For President Of Haiti; Announcement Next Week
Friday, July 30, 2010 3:16 PM | 33 comments
By Roman Wolfe and Grouchy Greg Watkins
Get Alerts (AllHipHop News) Hip-Hop star Wyclef Jean will announce his bid for the President of Haiti, a source has confirmed with AllHipHop.com exclusively.

Sources close to Wyclef confirmed with AllHipHop.com that the rapper will announce his bid for the country’s highest office next Thursday, on August 5th.

The 37-year-old was born in Haiti, but immigrated to the United States at the age of 9-years-old, when he landed in Brooklyn, before settling in South Orange, New Jersey.

As a member of The Fugees and as a solo artist, Wyclef has sold millions of records, in addition to collaborating with artists like Paul Simon, Gloria Estefen, Destiny’s Child, Carlos Santana and others.

The rapper sprung into action on January 12th, when his native land was leveled by a 7.0 earthquake that left 300,000 people dead over a million others displaced.

Even prior to the earthquake, Wyclef Jean’s Yele Haiti organization raised funds for the country, but after the deadly earthquake, the rapper helped raise over $10 million dollars in less than three months.

The rapper will make his official announcement just two days prior to the country’s August 7th deadline to submit his plan for running for President.

Analysts are predicting that Wyclef Jean will easily win the race with his financial connections, influence among the Haitian youth and his political influence around the world.

The news of his candidacy has stoked fears in opponents planning to run for the head office in November.

"I think if Wyclef is allowed to run he will have a straight victory," political leader and former presidential candidate Himmler Rebu told Reuters yesterday.

Jean, who maintained his status as a citizen of Haiti, was in the country yesterday, where he was preparing for his upcoming campaign.

The rapper/musician also has political clout in the country.

His uncle, Raymond Alcide Joseph, has been the Haitian ambassador to the United States since 2005 and helped Wyclef’s drive to raise money and relief aid for victims of the massive earthquake.

Elections are slated for November 28th.

Comments

• Jimi Swaggart
    Jimi Swaggart Members Posts: 75
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Biggest, most significant moment in hip hop history. He's one of us. I knew he could, and thought he might one day. This is waaay beyond epic. I'll throw a blessing up for him, and advise everyone else to do the same. Politics is the dirtiest game of all. Haiti's been the scorn of the developed world for centuries. Institutionalized discrimination thanks to those fuckos in The World Bank. He's swimming with the sharks foreal.

This is the difference between being tough and being brave. Clef's a hero and has been for awhile now.
  • TheMusicMajors
    TheMusicMajors Members Posts: 39
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this can turn out to be a disaster. if he really wants to help his country he'll support a qualified candidate. i'm sure wyclef has the best of intentions but he's a entertaining not a politician.
  • LONDON!
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this can turn out to be a disaster. if he really wants to help his country he'll support a qualified candidate. i'm sure wyclef has the best of intentions but he's a entertaining not a politician.

damn dawg, stop being such a pessimist and be happy that we finally have one of our own kind in power and someone thats for the cause, for the hood and knows the coup(what time it is), i'm sure he will do us proud in haiti and represent all haitians no matter what ecomonic background they come from full stop, just get yourself a zoot(spliff), blaze that ? up, kick back and relax and stop being a pessimist and salute this brother, this ? is big for our community full stop, thats the way i see it, big up wyclef, salute brothaman, salute that brother

big up jimmy swaggert too, you know what your talking about
  • Jimi Swaggart
    Jimi Swaggart Members Posts: 75
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LONDON! wrote: »
    damn dawg, stop being such a pessimist and be happy that we finally have one of our own kind in power and someone thats for the cause, for the hood and knows the coup(what time it is), i'm sure he will do us proud in haiti and represent all haitians no matter what ecomonic background they come from full stop, just get yourself a zoot(spliff), blaze that ? up, kick back and relax and stop being a pessimist and salute this brother, this ? is big for our community full stop, thats the way i see it, big up wyclef, salute brothaman, salute that brother

big up jimmy swaggert too, you know what your talking about

Salute you too, London. You know what it is. This stuff (Caribbean history) isn't typically covered in the states... at any level! It takes tremendous ? to go all the way in - in regular life, much less something like this. I'm prouder than hell right now. Since when has being politician helped anyone in the 3rd or 4th world? Be glad he isnt. Politicians barely help us here. This man has more millions than he can spend in his lifetime. This raises the bar for giving back to ones people for the love of the people. Clef has been making his allegience to Haiti clear to the world from the get go.

Parlaying a hip hop career into a head of state position?? Powerful stuff. This is life!
  • LONDON!
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Salute you too, London. You know what it is. This stuff (Caribbean history) isn't typically covered in the states... at any level! It takes tremendous ? to go all the way in - in regular life, much less something like this. I'm prouder than hell right now. Since when has being politician helped anyone in the 3rd or 4th world? Be glad he isnt. Politicians barely help us here. This man has more millions than he can spend in his lifetime. This raises the bar for giving back to ones people for the love of the people. Clef has been making his allegience to Haiti clear to the world from the get go.

Parlaying a hip hop career into a head of state position?? Powerful stuff. This is life!

no question fam, this is a great look for our people, for our community and i know clef is gonna do his thing and represent to the fullest and i'm not even religious, i'm spiritual, but may ? be wit him, may ? be wit that brother and show him guidance, big up wyclef

from the projects of bk, ny to streets of new jersey, to the hip hop game, then to president of haiti, this is the real story thats gonna inspire our human being kids, none of that symbolism fake obama ? , this is a genuine story from beginning to finnish, this will show our kids we can come from any background, no matter how desperate it can be sometimes and overcome it, you see what i'm saying and take ? to the next level, being yourself all the way, no pandering one way or the other way, that we can be ourselves, hold our heads high and go through the door, this is a big moment for us, salute wyclef, everytime man, salute brothaman, salute, yep, yep, yep
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wyclef's heart and mind are in the right frame to consider running for presidency, and that is where it begins and ends imo. I support his intentions, at the same time though, I do not think he would fare well as president.There are to many factors working against him. He would have to face the daunting task of reconstructing the cities most devastated by the earthquake, the economic woes, the two million+ # of displaced Haitians who have no food, running water, electricity, jobs, and just basic overall resources for survival. He would putting himself in the middle of the political corruptness that has held the country captive for decades, the greed and self intrest.He does not have a college education, he has not been a resident of Haiti since age nine,he will face crtiticism over the mishandling of his Yele organization. Thats just to name a few things. There are factors working for him as well. On the positive side, his interest is not self serving, he genuinely cares about the Haitian people, he is wealthy, and he has US political connections. All that said, i would still extend my support to him.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wait... i thought this was the topic of a theoretical/joke thread recently...
  • Hyde Parke
    edited August 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

if that is the case, y havent you locked/closed it?
  • LONDON!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    Wyclef's heart and mind are in the right frame to consider running for presidency, and that is where it begins and ends imo. I support his intentions, at the same time though, I do not think he would fare well as president.There are to many factors working against him. He would have to face the daunting task of reconstructing the cities most devastated by the earthquake, the economic woes, the two million+ # of displaced Haitians who have no food, running water, electricity, jobs, and just basic overall resources for survival. He would putting himself in the middle of the political corruptness that has held the country captive for decades, the greed and self intrest.He does not have a college education, he has not been a resident of Haiti since age nine,he will face crtiticism over the mishandling of his Yele organization. Thats just to name a few things. There are factors working for him as well. On the positive side, his interest is not self serving, he genuinely cares about the Haitian people, he is wealthy, and he has US political connections. All that said, i would still extend my support to him.

look

1.clef isn't from the political class, so he's not gonna get involved wit there never lived in real reality and so for therefore moved like that from a priviledge position and are easily beholden to greed and the corporate & political vultures of the west and political tribal politricks, he's from the roads and knows the coup(what time it is), he's proved everywhere he goes on this planet, he's for the community, for the cause and for the hood, from haiti, to the us, to london, uk, to ghana, to ja, he's shows love to the grassroots, he's grassroots, i'm sure he will represent every haitian brother and sister whatever there economic background in an authentic manner, no politricks ?

2.you seem like you watch too much western propaganda on western news fed to them by the system and believe it, the charity game, for certain bougie and upper class unscrupoulous mudda fockers from the west, not all, but a lot, because i'm not carpet blanketing all of them, but the charity game for a certain amount to them is exactly that, a 'game', they get there funding, nice lifestyle, photo ops to make themselves look good and feel good, reservoir of war chest they don't use and are beholden to western corporate interests and the system, the system is sending out misinformation on clef's yele organization because clef's charity isn't a 'game', there not in the loop, they actually want to do good in haiti and not play the political 'game', its as simple as

this is a good look for haiti and is the best thing to happen to haiti in decades, the hood supports him over there, the middle classes and the rich like him too, he's got love from the political class aswell, he's probably gonna win this hands down because of this across board varied support, you get what i'm saying, i'd put money on this yeah, but i'm sure clef will make our community proud and represent haiti to the fullest in the best way possible, i believe inn this, yes i do, big up wyclef
  • g_truth
    g_truth Members Posts: 59
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hed be better than them other corrupt mfers
  • LONDON!
    edited August 2010
    Options

theirs nuthin funny about this thread like, it ain't a joke, i posted a real link on this story from www.allhiphop.com and he is 95% likely to win the election hands down, this isn't a joke
  • g_truth
    g_truth Members Posts: 59
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Hyde Parke
    edited August 2010
    Options
    look

1.clef isn't from the political class, so he's not gonna get involved wit there never lived in real reality and so for therefore moved like that from a priviledge position and are easily beholden to greed and the corporate & political vultures of the west and political tribal politricks, he's from the roads and knows the coup(what time it is), he's proved everywhere he goes on this planet, he's for the community, for the cause and for the hood, from haiti, to the us, to london, uk, to ghana, to ja, he's shows love to the grassroots, he's grassroots, i'm sure he will represent every haitian brother and sister whatever there economic background in an authentic manner, no politricks ?

2.you seem like you watch too much western propaganda on western news fed to them by the system and believe it, the charity game, for certain bougie and upper class unscrupoulous mudda fockers from the west, not all, but a lot, because i'm not carpet blanketing all of them, but the charity game for a certain amount to them is exactly that, a 'game', they get there funding, nice lifestyle, photo ops to make themselves look good and feel good, reservoir of war chest they don't use and are beholden to western corporate interests and the system, the system is sending out misinformation on clef's yele organization because clef's charity isn't a 'game', there not in the loop, they actually want to do good in haiti and not play the political 'game', its as simple as

this is a good look for haiti and is the best thing to happen to haiti in decades, the hood supports him over there, the middle classes and the rich like him too, he's got love from the political class aswell, he's probably gonna win this hands down because of this across board varied support, you get what i'm saying, i'd put money on this yeah, but i'm sure clef will make our community proud and represent haiti to the fullest in the best way possible, i believe inn this, yes i do, big up wyclef

lol, dude i was born in Haiti and lived there until age 10..Everything i have written has merit to it. The Haitian reactions are mixed, those that support him, say yes he is genuine, some dont feel he is qualified, and some dont care at all..So no, the entire hood does not support him. Read for yourself-

Port-au-Prince, Haiti —
    Haitian-born, New York-raised hip hop star Wyclef Jean has filed to run for president of Haiti, according to an official statement the singer’s family distributed to the media. The 37-year-old former Fugee has filed all necessary papers and has until Aug. 7 to formally declare his intention to run.

Mr. Jean is expected to travel to Haiti later this week and may answer questions about his candidacy. Until then, the devastated nation of 10 million will be buzzing with speculation. But while the singer is very popular in Haiti, especially among the young, many on Tuesday reacted to the news of his possible candidacy with the same skepticism and indifference they expressed for other political candidates.

“It’s difficult for Haitians to have any faith in the election, we are so used to politicians taking advantage of us,” says Anise Ulysse, a 27-year-old who shrugged at the prospect of the singer running. She said she will not vote for anyone. “The people living on the streets have other things to think about.”

Ms. Ulysse, who says she likes Wyclef’s music but prefers Celine Dion, also raised doubts about his understanding of Haiti. “I don’t really think he knows the country,” she said. “He’s like an American.”

Jean should stick to music, but his popularity may successfully get him to a seat for which he has no experience, says 26 year-old Marie Lacrete.

“I don’t have a problem with Wyclef, but he’s not the right person to be president. He’s a musician, not a politician,” says Ms. Lacrete, adding that the singer didn't graduate from college.

Lacrete, who has a degree in agronomy but works as a secretary, said that Haiti’s problem is that the right person is never in the right place. “Still, people will vote for him, because he has money and he’s popular and because they don’t know what they are doing.”

Splitting time between US and Haiti

Many in Haiti had expected the announcement. Jean had previously denied an intention to seek office, though he played with the idea in his 2006 hit “If I Was President.” The song’s video – set in the US – shows the artist singing “Election time is coming, who you gonna vote for?” as fans hold signs saying “Wyclef for President.”

Secondly, there is no guarantee he will be eligible, he will have to meet the five year residency requirements, which he hasnt lived in the country since age 9.

Finally, im not so sure you are being serious, or merely trolling. Going by your posts, they seem to be all over the place and erratic ranting.

There is nothing really that you can refute as to what ive written, if your only responses are emotional, then save it. Lets talk about
    the conditions over there, and what can be done to improve them, because that is exactly what the incoming president will have to face.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Props to wyclef, haiti & the greater diaspora IF HE FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH THIS. Hope everything works out.
  • LONDON!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol, dude i was born in Haiti and lived there until age 10..Everything i have written has merit to it. The Haitian reactions are mixed, those that support him, say yes he is genuine, some dont feel he is qualified, and some dont care at all..So no, the entire hood does not support him. Read for yourself-

Port-au-Prince, Haiti —
    Haitian-born, New York-raised hip hop star Wyclef Jean has filed to run for president of Haiti, according to an official statement the singer’s family distributed to the media. The 37-year-old former Fugee has filed all necessary papers and has until Aug. 7 to formally declare his intention to run.

Mr. Jean is expected to travel to Haiti later this week and may answer questions about his candidacy. Until then, the devastated nation of 10 million will be buzzing with speculation. But while the singer is very popular in Haiti, especially among the young, many on Tuesday reacted to the news of his possible candidacy with the same skepticism and indifference they expressed for other political candidates.

“It’s difficult for Haitians to have any faith in the election, we are so used to politicians taking advantage of us,” says Anise Ulysse, a 27-year-old who shrugged at the prospect of the singer running. She said she will not vote for anyone. “The people living on the streets have other things to think about.”

Ms. Ulysse, who says she likes Wyclef’s music but prefers Celine Dion, also raised doubts about his understanding of Haiti. “I don’t really think he knows the country,” she said. “He’s like an American.”

Jean should stick to music, but his popularity may successfully get him to a seat for which he has no experience, says 26 year-old Marie Lacrete.

“I don’t have a problem with Wyclef, but he’s not the right person to be president. He’s a musician, not a politician,” says Ms. Lacrete, adding that the singer didn't graduate from college.

Lacrete, who has a degree in agronomy but works as a secretary, said that Haiti’s problem is that the right person is never in the right place. “Still, people will vote for him, because he has money and he’s popular and because they don’t know what they are doing.”

Splitting time between US and Haiti

Many in Haiti had expected the announcement. Jean had previously denied an intention to seek office, though he played with the idea in his 2006 hit “If I Was President.” The song’s video – set in the US – shows the artist singing “Election time is coming, who you gonna vote for?” as fans hold signs saying “Wyclef for President.”

Secondly, there is no guarantee he will be eligible, he will have to meet the five year residency requirements, which he hasnt lived in the country since age 9.

Finally, im not so sure you are being serious, or merely trolling. Going by your posts, they seem to be all over the place and erratic ranting.

There is nothing really that you can refute as to what ive written, if your only responses are emotional, then save it. Lets talk about
    the conditions over there, and what can be done to improve them, because that is exactly what the incoming president will have to face.

clef might not be academically qualified, but all he has to do is to get himself advisors that will surround himself wit the right people in the correct positions

during the earthquake, clef was there on the ground on the frontlines helping our people wit his yele organization, so i do think he would be the right person to help the reconstruction of haiti and better conditions and he isn't some greedy selfish type of character that would just help the rich only in haiti, i feel he's the right person to represent everybody from all economic backgrounds in haiti, i do believe this fam
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if you had read some of my blogs(which i ain't into at all, unless its one of those free d/l music ones, i mean i've got a life, but its a free ? world, yes it is, so i ain't hating, because i ain't a hater, i've got a life, even though those other blogs are done by bougie nerds wit big mouths behind computer screens a million miles away in secret locations, wit too much time on there hands) i was forced to do back in the day because of unanamed sex offenders trying it wit me and my famo from secret identity's behind secret locations, which i only did because at the time i thought it was mostly industry mudda fockers and i thought if i shame them on a public underground, make em lose fans, customers, flop there money, kick food out of there mouths publicly, even on a undergound level, they would front for the public and bring it to man on the streets, you get what i'm saying, i don't have to elaborate and if you had checked them back then, then you would know certain names were on there, some warranted even to this day, but most were on some goofy ? , like i was just running wit whatever name popped in my head that the sex offending voices sounded remotely like to me, witout being technical and being more professional wit it like i do now, because i don't play games when it comes to the protection of my family from poom poom ? sex offender, weakheart, insect worm, piece of ? , nasty vermin, sex offender's, you get what i'm saying, because if it ain't you, then that person would have nuthin to worry about and have a life and bills and wouldn't have time to worry about blogs or websites if it ain't them, i'd see it the same way if it was on the other way and the shoe was on the other foot, its probably gonna turn out to be a bunch of crackheads, brownheads and coke freaks wit a few entertainment heads in the mix aswell, you get me

but my point is, putting certain heads on there over flimsy ? at that time, wern't smart or technical or productive, it was just i really wanted to get my hands on whoever it was and do some serious damage to them, you get what i'm saying, they are ? sex offenders, pure and simple, ? , paedophilles, peeping toms, voyeurs, stalkers, rejected repulsive ? groupies, rejected repulsive, skin crawlinly ? inducing, revoulting and creepy like a ? , ? (paedophille) ? , who have major, serious, severe, warped out, goofy, mental, creepy, disturbing, nasty, repulsive, sexual perv problems, typical sex offenders that can't get sex in an appropiate fashion that can't take rejection and don't know when to stop, no matter how much these chump ? perverts get exposed in public, so i had to protect my famo and the public from these coward, no shame, no pride, no dignity, ? little scumbag pervs, you see what i'm saying, by any means necessary, my famo and innocent public that mind there own bizness and think about who they know only are more important than them, yes they are, in every capacity

so i won't disrepect certain human beings wit naming previous names that was put onto that list goofyly and embarrasinly, looking back now and lower them or put them on the same level as these sex offender piece of ? ,

[img]http://detroitrap.com/frontpage/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/what_the_? .jpg[/img]

• CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I heard that ? on AHH on friday I hope he wins that ? real talk, with all the bad political ? going on in Haiti in the past I believe he could be a good president for the country.
  • janklow
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if that is the case, y havent you locked/closed it?
    you may have missed the sentiment behind my remarks
  • LONDON!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    I heard that ? on AHH on friday I hope he wins that ? real talk, with all the bad political ? going on in Haiti in the past I believe he could be a good president for the country.

exactly, he's not a system controlled puppet
  • Hyde Parke
    edited August 2010
    Options
    clef might not be academically qualified, but all he has to do is to get himself advisors that will surround himself wit the right people in the correct positions

during the earthquake, clef was there on the ground on the frontlines helping our people wit his yele organization, so i do think he would be the right person to help the reconstruction of haiti and better conditions and he isn't some greedy selfish type of character that would just help the rich only in haiti, i feel he's the right person to represent everybody from all economic backgrounds in haiti, i do believe this fam

I hear ya man, he has my sincere wishes as well.
    you may have missed the sentiment behind my remarks

Miss, being the operative word, as the sentiment was most certainly missing.
  • janklow
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Miss, being the operative word, as the sentiment was most certainly missing.
    if you can't tell the difference between the two threads, i don't know what to tell you
  • Hyde Parke
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if you can't tell the difference between the two threads, i don't know what to tell you

Which boomerangs the original question, why didnt you close it? Oh nevermind, you're only interest in commenting was to make a half witted attempt at mockery. Got it.
  • janklow
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Which boomerangs the original question, why didnt you close it? Oh nevermind, you're only interest in commenting was to make a half witted attempt at mockery. Got it.
    oh, i get it, it wasn't a real question; your only interest in commenting was to make a personal attack on me. got it.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I understand the "excitement" associated with this but honestly what qualifies him to be the damn PRESIDENT of Haiti? What political experience does he have? What type of networking and contacts does he have that will TRULY help Haiti? I read that not even half of all the pledged monies have even been paid yet so what political power does he have to motivate payment? I applaud his effort and love for his country but I would not want him to be President if I was a Haitian, not yet anyway. Let him start off as an ambassador and then a few ministerial postitions to start and once he somewhat knows his way around the political arena THEN consider running for President. Just my 2 cents from what I consider a common sense approach.. Blessup all my Haitian bredren and sistren!!!!
  • LONDON!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I understand the "excitement" associated with this but honestly what qualifies him to be the damn PRESIDENT of Haiti? What political experience does he have? What type of networking and contacts does he have that will TRULY help Haiti? I read that not even half of all the pledged monies have even been paid yet so what political power does he have to motivate payment? I applaud his effort and love for his country but I would not want him to be President if I was a Haitian, not yet anyway. Let him start off as an ambassador and then a few ministerial postitions to start and once he somewhat knows his way around the political arena THEN consider running for President. Just my 2 cents from what I consider a common sense approach.. Blessup all my Haitian bredren and sistren!!!!

all that brother has to do is get himself an advisor wit political experience thats on a level(a history of knowing what there doing) and get him or her to delegate duties to the right people and put them in the right positions and places