MLB Trade Deadline thread

MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
I know alot of you ? dont follow baseball to much, but some of us do.

Theres been alot of deals this deadline, Lee to the Rangers, Oswalt to the Phillies, Edwin Jackson to the Whitesox, potential Lance Berkman to the Yankees, etc

Comments

• MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    also Jorge Cantu to the Rangers and Austin Kearns to the Yankees, to name a few more.

Add on whatever it is that I missed, and they can all be discussed in here.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Cubs traded ted lilly and ryan theriot for blake dewitt who the ? is that?
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    im hoping cincy trades francisco cordero for a loaf of bread. i know we'd be getting ripped off, but id take it
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010

rofl cubs stay losin
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    White sox tried acquiring manny ramirez got rejected

Jake westbrook to the cards

Mets tryin to get carlos zambrano
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2010
    How far back are the mets in NL east?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    How far back are the mets in NL east?

7.5, they not catching Atlanta
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Mets 7.5 back

I guess the cubs tryna shed salary or somethin this makes no sense you just gave up your 3rd starter and starting 2nd basemen for a utility guy and 2 minor leaguers

This season was done anyway and theriot overrated he gonna demand 5 mil in arbitration watch
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I hope the Whitesox get adam dunn or prince fielder cause the twins are go be right behind them for the rest of the season
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2010
    White Sox would be dangerous with Prince Fielder.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Yankees got kerry wood

Braves got rick ankiel and kyle farnsworth
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    I wanna see the SF Giants get Adam Dunn or Prince Fielder, they'd make a run in the playoffs.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Thats a good look for the yanks,I'll be pullin for them just so kerry wood can get a ring

He kept getting career threatening or crazy injuries and kept fighting to play unlike mark prior ? ass, wood had heart

Plus if he aint hitting batters he still got heat,I was happy to see wood go to a title contender who can win it all

Joe Girardi was his catcher wit the cubs during the beginning of woods and the end of girardis career
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    I wanna see the SF Giants get Adam Dunn or Prince Fielder, they'd make a run in the playoffs.

yea i'd like to see dunn go to a contender.

glad to see austin kearns go to a good team as well
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Thats a good look for the yanks,I'll be pullin for them just so kerry wood can get a ring

He kept getting career threatening or crazy injuries and kept fighting to play unlike mark prior ? ass, wood had heart

Plus if he aint hitting batters he still got heat,I was happy to see wood go to a title contender who can win it all

Joe Girardi was his catcher wit the cubs during the beginning of woods and the end of girardis career

yea, plus Woods is a reliever now right? with Joba struggling all year, and David Robertson being more of a middle relief guy than a setup man, Woods should get a chance early to be the 8th inning guy.

But we still need another starter. I was hoping we went after Ted Lilly after watching the Rangers get Cliff Lee and the Phillies get Roy Oswalt while we have 2 starters that have been inconsistent all year and Pettite on the DL.
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    yea i'd like to see dunn go to a contender.

glad to see austin kearns go to a good team as well

honestly I'd much rather see Dunn stay with the Nationals and Fielder go to the Giants...

the Nationals aren't a contender this year but they can give him the 4 year deal he wants and they'll have Zimmerman, Dunn, Willingham, and Bryce Harper (that rookie catcher they drafted #1, that they're gonna turn into an outfielder) and Wilson Ramos (i think thats his name, they got him from the Twins for Matt Capps, he was the Twins #1 rated prospect and hes a catcher)

Thats a team that has a bright future with Strasburg as their ace and then they can hopefully get a few more good arms in that rotation.
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited July 2010
    Braves got Farnsworth. Best bullpen in the NL just got better.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Yea wood an 8th inning set up guy or a closer depending on what team needs what

Only problem is he has a bad habit of hitting batters ,He will hit a couple batters or walk a guy at the worse times his control is a lil erratic
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010

Terrible....
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    honestly I'd much rather see Dunn stay with the Nationals and Fielder go to the Giants...

the Nationals aren't a contender this year but they can give him the 4 year deal he wants and they'll have Zimmerman, Dunn, Willingham, and Bryce Harper (that rookie catcher they drafted #1, that they're gonna turn into an outfielder) and Wilson Ramos (i think thats his name, they got him from the Twins for Matt Capps, he was the Twins #1 rated prospect and hes a catcher)

Thats a team that has a bright future with Strasburg as their ace and then they can hopefully get a few more good arms in that rotation.

isnt prince a FA after the season?

even with all you listed, the nationals still aint gon be ? lol
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    isnt prince a FA after the season?

even with all you listed, the nationals still aint gon be ? lol

yea Fielder is a FA after the season, which is why the Brewers should've traded him.

lmao, na the Nationals gonna have a squad in a few years
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2010
    U gotta be ? kidding me. Yanks got Kerry Wood?

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ? Acting Like Kerry Wood is Killing it Lol.......Dude Never even gets on the field hardly , ? ties his shoes and Goes on the DL

It was worth the Risk cuz he was a cheap pick up and anything is better than Joba sorry ass..
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ? Acting Like Kerry Wood is Killing it Lol.......Dude Never even gets on the field hardly , ? ties his shoes and Goes on the DL

It was worth the Risk cuz he was a cheap pick up and anything is better than Joba sorry ass..

If was worth the risk because when he's on, he's filthy

I like the the pickup. And I'll admit I was one of the put joba in the bullpen guys the last 2 years but I'm really disappointed
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Cc has been mediocre since the all star break but he's a rock so he'll be fine. I wouldve liked Ted Lilly to bolster the rotation since Andy is hurt.
    yea, plus Woods is a reliever now right? with Joba struggling all year, and David Robertson being more of a middle relief guy than a setup man, Woods should get a chance early to be the 8th inning guy.

But we still need another starter. I was hoping we went after Ted Lilly after watching the Rangers get Cliff Lee and the Phillies get Roy Oswalt while we have 2 starters that have been inconsistent all year and Pettite on the DL.