Lebron on Jordan - "He gets too much credit for his 6 rings"

Peace_79
Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
https://youtu.be/K-zvVclTRdU

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/08/lebron-james-dream-own-nba-team

"I don't think MJ ever had a Game 7 in the Finals ... [people] act like he did it all on his own ..."

"They forget the shot by Paxon on the left wing ..."

"MJ had nothing to do with that play"

giphy.gif

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Peace_79
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    That's on fans giving him so much credit for 6 rings. For some stupid reason, some NBA fans thing Jordan did everything to win those rings. Kinda helps when u had one of the top rebounders, defenders, coaches, and a good bench on ur side. Jordan was the main reason why the bills won 6 rings, but not the only reason

Ha!

And water is wet, my ? .

Lebron aint just pointing out the obvious to idiot, casual fans.

He trying to close the gap between him and MJ without even stepping on the court ...

• Peace_79
    edited August 2016
    Bait click thread.Anyone who heard that interview knows lebron wasn't ripping jordan at all and this from like a week ago

Fair.

So - "Ripping" isnt the right word.

"Jordan has teammates" ...
    "He doesent play 5 positions at once"

That's ? is given... it has nothing to do with his greatness.

So what's Lebron's angle ... Why even mention it?

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Bait click thread.Anyone who heard that interview knows lebron wasn't ripping jordan at all and this from like a week ago

Fair.

I don't know but lebron looks up to jordan he just said he wish he could talk to him and pick his brain a couple years ago and said he's chasing the ghost in chicago a few weeks ago

He wasn't throwing shots he was tryin to big up the role players and botched that cuz the play he was talking about he was wrong and jordan scored all of the bulls points in the 4th quarter of that game 6 BEFORE paxson hit the shot.
  • Peace_79
    Optimistic take.

tumblr_mptvgthywY1ro91bjo1_500.gif

Hard to imagine him messing up that context; given that he is a historian and student of the game.

Possible tho.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Thread title is misleading. If you actually listen to what LeBron said on that podcast he didn't rip MJ.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Fair.

Listen to the podcast. It was within the context of what him and Jessie Williams were talking about
  • Peace_79
    Cool. I'll give it a listen tommorow.

You would have thought how SAS and Max went at em, it was a different story. I figured they would have listened to the tape.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollio wrote: »
    Pew pew pew

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron needs to stop chasing Jordan and just do him, Mike didnt chase Russel and it turned out fine for him.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollio wrote: »
    Pew pew pew

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm if I'm not mistaken on that 3 thay Paxson hit..... wasn't it Jordan who kicked the ball out to Paxson after drawing the defender away from him on the drive? So Jordan had nothing to do with that?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm if I'm not mistaken on that 3 thay Paxson hit..... wasn't it Jordan who kicked the ball out to Paxson after drawing the defender away from him on the drive? So Jordan had nothing to do with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnAr4I3-Z48

Nope. Jordan was the inbounder
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a false argument. Nobody claims MJ won all his championships solo. Most MJ fans have no problem admitting he couldn't get that championship until he got Pippen. And his team wasn't setting win records until they had Rodman. But so what? Lebron didn't have good teams? He lost two championships with champion calibre teams. And yeah, some of this losses came from his teammates falling short. But he also choked on multiple occasions himself. That's one thing that can never be said about MJ.

MJ been taking a couple shots at Lebron, so I got no problem with him shooting back, but he gotta come better than this.

One a sidenote, I ? hate Stephen A. ? gets loud and obnoxious for no reason. I can't imagine having to sit in a studio with that clown every day.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's on fans giving him so much credit for 6 rings. For some stupid reason, some NBA fans thing Jordan did everything to win those rings. Kinda helps when u had one of the top rebounders, defenders, coaches, and a good bench on ur side. Jordan was the main reason why the bills won 6 rings, but not the only reason

Best rebounder ? are you forgetting Jordan Won 3 rings before Rodman arrived ????? why every lebron fan only wants to talk about those 3 rings but never the first ones ? Good bench ????? where ?????????name the good bench ? other than Toni kukoc and kerr everyone else was a ?
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall still on this tired Lebron vs MJ debate smh
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 this thread does numbers
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ether44mag wrote: »

Best rebounder ? are you forgetting Jordan Won 3 rings before Rodman arrived ????? why every lebron fan only wants to talk about those 3 rings but never the first ones ? Good bench ????? where ?????????name the good bench ? other than Toni kukoc and kerr everyone else was a ?

Lol I'm not a lebron fan. I like watching him play but I'm not a diehard fan. I was obviously talking about his last 3 titles. He still had great players around him the first 3 peat.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All the kobe fans that hate lebron got pissued about this i feel bad for pippen ? is getting less and less shine over the years
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All the kobe fans that hate me got pissued about this i feel bad for pippen ? is getting less and less shine over the years

He in the hall of fame and was named top 50 man.He gets plenty of recognition matter of fact he gets TOO much shine

I've seen dudes say they'd take pippen over larry bird which is laughable.Pippen was a solid complimentary player not this potential franchise sf nostalgia leads people to believe
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnAr4I3-Z48

Nope. Jordan was the inbounder

this ? gave me chills

i just dont get that anymore watching todays' NBA

the closest was when Anthony Davis hit the 3 against OKC a couple of years ago, b/c im a pelicans advocate lol