Do anyone else agree there should be a cap for rookies?

KplusK
KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
I mean in any sport but specially football.this ? just got 50 mill guaranteed money ? that ll make a ? just go thru the motions unless he really wants to be one of the greats then its different but other its just saying practice and hard work thru high schoo land if you do great in college you never have to work again. Bust Russ got 32 mill automatically and did ? he good if he dont blow it but ? not even knowing if they can stand up to the pressure of the nfl and to give them that paper is crazy to me. I can see 10 mill or somewhere around there guaranteed but anything more is crazy make em work for it. What yall think?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    this is like a catch 22, the players union is fighting against ? like rookie contract caps, but yet they want to complain about these rookies being overpaid.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Make a cap and shorten the length of these damn contracts
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    It's absolutely ridiculous how the guaranteed money has skyrocketed over the course of 10 years. Players like Peyton and Brady are proven winners/HoF and they fighting to get 10 mill a year. But this silly ? can grab 50 mill GUARANTEED and 86 mill 5 year contract? WOW
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    SMH at bums like Brady Quin, Russell,etc come into the league and are set for the rest of their lives and not accomplished ? .
  • KplusK
    edited July 2010
    It's absolutely ridiculous how the guaranteed money has skyrocketed over the course of 10 years. Players like Peyton and Brady are proven winners/HoF and they fighting to get 10 mill a year. But this silly ? can grab 50 mill GUARANTEED and 86 mill 5 year contract? WOW

thats what im saying the gauranteed money is the killer when these ? aint did ? yet i can see after about 3-5 years but before they even took an nfl hit.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ? gotta stop. I wouldn't even draft a QB #1 overall in this era anyway. Colt Mccoy will have a better career than this overrated clown and they gave him that much guaranteed. It should be a cap on guaranteed money, then the rest should be incentive based
  • KplusK
    edited July 2010
    word i liked colt was hoping buffalo picked him but i shouldve known better we the bills...and i bet he have a way better career than that ?
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    There should be a cap on the guaranteed money... I find that's the ridiculous part. The NFL is too rich for its own good, which is why these contracts are so large.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    ? gotta stop. I wouldn't even draft a QB #1 overall in this era anyway. Colt Mccoy will have a better career than this overrated clown and they gave him that much guaranteed. It should be a cap on guaranteed money, then the rest should be incentive based

cosign the bolded