Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is a victim of racism from the 49ers. I like this. Career is over now tho
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »

Huh
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm a Niner fan and I don't remember him dealing with any racism from the team. As a fan I don't think he's been put in the best situations to succeed sometimes but to call it racism is probably a stretch here.

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He didn't stand for the anthem for the first 2 preseason games so why outrage now?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    He didn't stand for the anthem for the first 2 preseason games so why outrage now?

Because he Just Now actually commented on WHY he hasn't, that's why.

It was reported last night that he didn't stand up for last nights game and I guess someone noticed. If it wasn't noticed, he probably wouldn't have needed to comment on it. But I'm happy he did
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Fake activism 101. Kap knows he's not going to be the QB, so he's tryin to stay relevant beyond the NFL. It would be one thing if he never stood for the anthem before, but what finally dawned on him before this season?

And "I have to stand up for people that are oppressed.". Like not standing for the anthem is doing ? . Chris Jackosn didn't stand for religious beliefs which I respect. But Kap is full of ? .

This is what real activism looks like....
    9932158.jpg
    Taking a stand is taking a stand, u Dusty ass ? .

1.The starting qb can always get injured.
    2. Kaep could of been traded to another team.
    3. Taking a stand is taking a stand, u Dusty ass ? .

Not standing for the national anthem isn't any kind of stand. It literally does nothing. Kap is a millionaire, so if he's about helping the oppressed, there are actually things he can do with his money/influence to help. But not standing for the anthem isn't one of them.

Explain why Chris Jackson was black balled?

The war is psychological.
    Buck breaking was popular on plantations,and it still goes on psychologically .
    A prominent blk man in this society in Colin, taking a public stand, sends a powerful message to young blk men PERIOD.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »

I'm a Niner fan and I don't remember him dealing with any racism from the team. As a fan I don't think he's been put in the best situations to succeed sometimes but to call it racism is probably a stretch here.

They want Blaine gabbert to start n wouldn't trade him, only way they would trade would cost him money. And Blaine gabbert is a clear Coke headed country white boy and chip jelly a known racist is the coach
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    you know ? ain't right if this QB is ahead of you on the depth chart.

the fail mary
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275543/Ponder-s-fail-mary
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost brings tears to my eyes.

I support him 100% and hope he can maintain his stance in the face of the backlash. I know that not everybody is built for ? like this.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Fake activism 101. Kap knows he's not going to be the QB, so he's tryin to stay relevant beyond the NFL. It would be one thing if he never stood for the anthem before, but what finally dawned on him before this season?

And "I have to stand up for people that are oppressed.". Like not standing for the anthem is doing ? . Chris Jackosn didn't stand for religious beliefs which I respect. But Kap is full of ? .

This is what real activism looks like....
    9932158.jpg
    Taking a stand is taking a stand, u Dusty ass ? .

1.The starting qb can always get injured.
    2. Kaep could of been traded to another team.
    3. Taking a stand is taking a stand, u Dusty ass ? .

Not standing for the national anthem isn't any kind of stand. It literally does nothing. Kap is a millionaire, so if he's about helping the oppressed, there are actually things he can do with his money/influence to help. But not standing for the anthem isn't one of them.

Unequivocally false. Here we are all talking about it. Along with tons of other people. I mean, let's not make the ? out to be MLK and ? ...but to say this does NOTHING is clearly incorrect.

More people are aware of and talking about the problem now than they were before. Period.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for him black people believing in a white Jesus and Christianity and America are suspects to me

• Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for Colin....society been talking about athletes need to be more vocal..here it is...just a shame how much ? he gonna get from these crackas because he's not going along to get along...