Happy 20th birthday to OutKast's ATLiens

Options
2»

Comments

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember buying this album from Blockbuster Music back when Blockbuster used to have a music store. I bought this and I believe it was Ghostface ironman I think at the same time. Damn man '96 was the greatest year ever for hip hop
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This and Aquemini would probably have to make my top 10 all time albums
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember buying this album from Blockbuster Music back when Blockbuster used to have a music store. I bought this and I believe it was Ghostface ironman I think at the same time. Damn man '96 was the greatest year ever for hip hop

Back to back classics unlike today
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@illestni99ainne

I was actually gonna make mention of this in my previous post, but thats the same place I bought my copy!

AS an matter of fact, it had just turned into the Blockbuster Music, it was previously a Turtle's Records, but only southern people know about that store chain.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 5 albUm of all time ...Riding around ATL on rainy Sunday listening to ATLIENS is one of the best experience of my life...I felt that ?
  • beatboy1
    beatboy1 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Options
    If you have to go on a long road trip . You can put on the first 3 Outkast CDs and never have to hit skip
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Imo you can play every single Outkast song .
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You may die intro...
    otof9v877qq8.jpeg
    It's just so beautiful bruhs...

Man this might be my favorite album of all time. It stays in rotation. Loved Southernplayalistic but I knew them boys were real when this dropped. I didn't know wtf to think about Dre when he debuted his new look but the ? was dope! If you don't like this full album I judge you.. I judge your hiphop credibility lol
  • beatboy1
    Options

yeah..I somewhat agree..but I hit skip once or twice on Stankonia..and every Cd that follows
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beatboy1 wrote: »

yeah..I somewhat agree..but I hit skip once or twice on Stankonia..and every Cd that follows

This was my joint but I could pass on the rest of the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpEMOa-DiuQ
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I Still think Stankonia is a Very Misunderstood & Underrated album...considering the time period and what they did w/ the songs on this album, this ? was Genius IMO .

C'mon they gave you BOB and Ms. Jackson, Red Velvet, Toilet Tisha...C'mon dawg lol
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fop1vpbymuim.jpg
    I'm partying right now!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I Still think Stankonia is a Very Misunderstood & Underrated album...considering the time period and what they did w/ the songs on this album, this ? was Genius IMO .

C'mon they gave you BOB and Ms. Jackson, Red Velvet, Toilet Tisha...C'mon dawg lol

?, Gangsta ? , So Fresh, So Clean, Snappin and Trappin, Spaghetti Junction... that entire album was bumpin.
  • beatboy1
    Options

I liked Stankonia. for the most part it is a very good album. I'm just saying its the first Kast album where I didn't Love every single track..i might have hit skip on 1 or 2 tracks on that one. that's all..I didn't love every single song Speakerbox/ The love below either. But still it was a very good Album.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Samples used on the album

https://youtu.be/psKqXaU-1i8

Bout to spotify and listen to every original sample. Surprised they used that many goat channel and post by the way

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Samples used on the album

https://youtu.be/psKqXaU-1i8

Bout to spotify and listen to every original sample. Surprised they used that many goat channel and post by the way

Well after Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik Dre and 3 Stacks wanted to get more into producing their own stuff so they copped equipment and a whole bunch of records....and started playing around w it and made those beats...Organized Noize sampled as well but they were more about the live instrumentation

Also homie in the video forgot a few more samples
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm looking at the Atliens, Elevators & Jazzy Bell video. 1996 videos had the have the best visuals. I love those video qualities. Also, 20 years later & I just caught that Virginia line from Elevators smh