WHEN THE LAST TIME YOU PURCHASED A PHYSICAL CD?

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ordered about 20 CDs from Amazon in the past year or so. Life Is Good, My Beautiful Dark Twisted fantasy, Take Care. A few Jazz and gospel CDs too.

I order CDs from amazon when I have extra money but I've been broke lately. I never understood the point of buying an mp3. You can buy a CD from amazon and load it into your computer or phone and you still have a physical copy of the cd.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Sprite 2...before that it was probably Webbie Savage Life in 2005
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Searching for stoney Jackson by strong arm steady. Second worst purchase behind buying reks album.probably like 4 years ago
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I ordered about 20 CDs from Amazon in the past year or so. Life Is Good, My Beautiful Dark Twisted fantasy, Take Care. A few Jazz and gospel CDs too.

I order CDs from amazon when I have extra money but I've been broke lately. I never understood the point of buying an mp3. You can buy a CD from amazon and load it into your computer or phone and you still have a physical copy of the cd.

@5 grand what you rockin on the jazz tip?
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    I pretty much only buy physical CDs. I only buy iTunes if I can't find it in a store. That said, I haven't bought anything in 2016. Last year i bought physical copies of Scarface, Lupe T&Y, Kendrick and Joey Badass ( damn 2016 looks weak in comparison)

Bruh you gotta break out that bubble of yours man. You much missing out on so much good music.

I almost took this post seriously because I read the post before the screen name. For a second I was like " damn, I'm in a bubble? Am I really missing out on that much good ? dropping in 2016? Oh it's genocide."

Nah I'm cool man, I can't have physical CDs of wicked clown music laying around my apartment. I'd lose friends and women.

Hes right for a change tho

No Suicide Pennywise ? music but tons of good ? dropped just this summer
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last CD a bought was Anthony Hamiltons album that dropped earlier this year. Had to cop the ? Barrel exclusive for the bonus tracks.

Last physical rap album i bought was SPM's Son of Norma album in 2014

In the digital age i do try and support artist (who i would have bought albums off pre streaming era) by copping a shirt or something off their website if price isnt too bad
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a signed copy of Section 80 from the TDE online store a few months ago.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jackson Off The Wall
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rap wise Cadillactica

Then a couple months later I flashed back to my high school days n got a cd just to have it

Rhythm n gangsta and it was written

B4 that is kinda fuzzy cuz it had to b 2008-9
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new yg album
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Masta Ace the falling season
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krits Cadillactica in 2014. Bought another physical copy of Baby's Fast Money in 2011, and before that it was UGKs Underground Kingz in 2007.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I bought common's one day it'll all make sense at target like 5 months ago because it was on sale for $3.99.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2009 was the last time for me.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joey Bad Ass on the release day,i just wanted to see that kid win and have good first week #'s,the albums not really

all that but there's like 4 songs i really like,and that save the children intro was fire. Other than that most of my

music is on Itunes,and i just found out you can convert your purchased CD's to your Ipod
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bought the physical and digital copy of Gucci's everybody lookin album the day it came out
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Compton.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    think it was the last Don Trip album. but i buy physical CDs all the time, so i feel like i am missing something between then and now
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pretty much only cop physicals of Nas and Lupe these days. Everyone else gets iTuned unless dope artwork.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »

@5 grand what you rockin on the jazz tip?

MI0002403926.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

4988005854599.jpg

verve_lp_0378-front-copy.jpg
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still tryna get the physical copy of Max B Vigilante Season n Prodigy Return of The Mac
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Schoolboy Q
    Masta Ace
    MJ's Off The Wall
  • 5 Grand
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lately they've been showing this on public television. Its $60 for the CD and $125 for the DVD but its worth it. When I get the money I'm gonna cop.

HP_Main_Pic.jpg
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elle Varner - Perfectly Imperfect 2012