What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Redman Says Dissing MC Hammer In The 90's Could Get You Hurt

13»

Replies

  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Nope) wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    slickwatts wrote: »
    hov aint gonna diss hammer no more

    What's crazy is Hov got more street power than hammer.

    because of money or what?

    :'(

    What is this based on? Hammer apparently has real power moves credited to him. Can you say the same about Jay? I mean he's rich, so I'm sure he could find people to pay to do dirt whenever he wants, but people seemed to have been ready to do the same for Hammer off his name alone.

    Go to Marcy as an out of towner and tell the people "Fuck Jay-Z" and see what happens. There's a difference in culture that is apparent to anyone who has spent time in either place, but Jay Z not being loud doesn't mean he doesn't get that kind of love. If Jay said "hey NY we're going at -insert name here- if you see him break his legs" shit would be game over for that person in NY. That's just off the strength that he's a hometown hero. Remember that Dipset beef? He said the word and the wolves were out.

    Hammer was getting love because he was giving love and part of that was money. But -as I said- difference in culture. The Bay might go harder for their own than anywhere in the country.

    So what? Go to Stapleton Project and say "Fuck Ghostface." What you think gonna happen? Go to the hood in Miami and say "Fuck Luke." What you think going to happen? Go to a hood in Long Beach and say "Fuck Snoop." What you think going to happen?

    The point is, what you're saying about Jay can be said about any pretty much any person that's reached a certain level of fame and still has ties to their roots.

    And it's not like Hammer was loud about his connections. He personally never said much about it. It was other people that spoke up on it. So again, how can someone claim that Hov has more street power when people that don't have anything to do with Hammer knew about his and no one seems to know about Jay's.

    All you did was reiterate my argument. If you want to be contrary for the sake of being contrary make an original argument. And just because we aren't regaled by tales of Hov's street power doesn't mean shit. You think MC Hammer wasn't breaking guys like Mike Conception off with some bread? If so, then you're naive.

    Moreover, I don't give a fuck about "street power." If you are from a place where you are well respected or cherished and someone disrespects you then comes to that place you will have a problem. I don't care who's "dad is tougher" or whatever. I don't fantasize about nor canonize these entertainers in that way.

    Maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying. Seems like you were saying that Jay got street power because people in his hood will ride for him. You can say that about any rapper. I don't really see how it supports the claim that Jay has more pull on the streets than Hammer.

    And I don't care what rapper has street power either. My initial post was more a question on the basis of the claim the person was making. I wanted to know why he was saying what he was saying.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    (Nope)
  • (Nope)(Nope) NawfNawfPosts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Nope) wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    slickwatts wrote: »
    hov aint gonna diss hammer no more

    What's crazy is Hov got more street power than hammer.

    because of money or what?

    :'(

    What is this based on? Hammer apparently has real power moves credited to him. Can you say the same about Jay? I mean he's rich, so I'm sure he could find people to pay to do dirt whenever he wants, but people seemed to have been ready to do the same for Hammer off his name alone.

    Go to Marcy as an out of towner and tell the people "Fuck Jay-Z" and see what happens. There's a difference in culture that is apparent to anyone who has spent time in either place, but Jay Z not being loud doesn't mean he doesn't get that kind of love. If Jay said "hey NY we're going at -insert name here- if you see him break his legs" shit would be game over for that person in NY. That's just off the strength that he's a hometown hero. Remember that Dipset beef? He said the word and the wolves were out.

    Hammer was getting love because he was giving love and part of that was money. But -as I said- difference in culture. The Bay might go harder for their own than anywhere in the country.

    So what? Go to Stapleton Project and say "Fuck Ghostface." What you think gonna happen? Go to the hood in Miami and say "Fuck Luke." What you think going to happen? Go to a hood in Long Beach and say "Fuck Snoop." What you think going to happen?

    The point is, what you're saying about Jay can be said about any pretty much any person that's reached a certain level of fame and still has ties to their roots.

    And it's not like Hammer was loud about his connections. He personally never said much about it. It was other people that spoke up on it. So again, how can someone claim that Hov has more street power when people that don't have anything to do with Hammer knew about his and no one seems to know about Jay's.

    All you did was reiterate my argument. If you want to be contrary for the sake of being contrary make an original argument. And just because we aren't regaled by tales of Hov's street power doesn't mean shit. You think MC Hammer wasn't breaking guys like Mike Conception off with some bread? If so, then you're naive.

    Moreover, I don't give a fuck about "street power." If you are from a place where you are well respected or cherished and someone disrespects you then comes to that place you will have a problem. I don't care who's "dad is tougher" or whatever. I don't fantasize about nor canonize these entertainers in that way.

    Maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying. Seems like you were saying that Jay got street power because people in his hood will ride for him. You can say that about any rapper. I don't really see how it supports the claim that Jay has more pull on the streets than Hammer.

    And I don't care what rapper has street power either. My initial post was more a question on the basis of the claim the person was making. I wanted to know why he was saying what he was saying.

    Gotcha! Wouldn't your hood or your city riding for you be considered "street power?" (I feel like a fucking clown typing that.) I think I may have missed whoever initially starting talking about "street power" and trolled us into this nonsense.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Reminds me of Nelly, people are dumb enough to believe the image they portray in their music and think they soft. They worked that hard to get away from it so they leave it out they music. Don't mean they won't get busy when need be tho. Nelly, MC Hammer, Flo Rida, Pitbull, etc. These guys were really in the streets and will take it there if need be.

    I knew Pitbull was a real one when he two pieced this dude and came back to the song on beat


    Lol damn!
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall sound dumb as duck log the duck off

    Got Jay dick so far up your ass, it's hard to spell huh?

    It's a called a typo dickhead how the fuck you on the Internet measuring niggas gangster moves f "hammer made real street moves" that landed his ass in debt and got him in them cheesy ass hammer pants til this day while Jay a fucking billionaire and

    I never mentioned Jay z at all or hinted to it get them camel balls out your mouth

    "Jay-Z was never a gangster he just sold drugs"

    Smh you for you act like he was the dorm room weed man he was pushing in the projects in the 80s your agl gangster by default you sound dumb as fuck do Yall do the know these men to get all intricate about their levels of gangstaness ?this ain't GTA ONLINE ain't no level or ranking to read

    You dumb summaofbitch(bernie mac voice)

    Built 4 cuban linxSplackavelli
  • I Self Lord & MasterI Self Lord & Master Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    serch on that classic white boy "what did i do" bullshit...talkin bout some running a train on his mother aibt mean nothing foh...shoulda laser tagged that honkey

    brother j checked them lames for hijackin lingo that had real meaning that they were running around saying not knowin wat it meant, thinkin the shit was cute...jus like white boys

    "I'M JACK JOHNSON, HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. I'M BLACK...THEY NEVER LET ME FORGET IT. I'M BLACK, ALRIGHT....I'LL NEVER LET THEM FORGET IT"

    Soloman_The_Wiseslickwatts
  • za'kissza'kiss Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    serch on that classic white boy "what did i do" bullshit...talkin bout some running a train on his mother aibt mean nothing foh...shoulda laser tagged that honkey

    brother j checked them lames for hijackin lingo that had real meaning that they were running around saying not knowin wat it meant, thinkin the shit was cute...jus like white boys

    Yeah he was trying to come off like he didn't do anything wrong and Hammer was just acting crazy.
    2eg413t.gif
    Soloman_The_WiseI Self Lord & Master
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,688 Regulator
    Hammer ever get after ice cube for this?

    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    Splackavelli
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer ever get after ice cube for this?


    Actually Ice Cube wrote a letter to The Source that they printed in the editorial section. He said that he didn't direct or edit the video and he didn't mean to imitate or portray MC Hammer in any way.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,688 Regulator
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Hammer ever get after ice cube for this?


    Actually Ice Cube wrote a letter to The Source that they printed in the editorial section. He said that he didn't direct or edit the video and he didn't mean to imitate or portray MC Hammer in any way.

    Then who was cube talking about
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Hammer ever get after ice cube for this?


    Actually Ice Cube wrote a letter to The Source that they printed in the editorial section. He said that he didn't direct or edit the video and he didn't mean to imitate or portray MC Hammer in any way.

    Then who was cube talking about

    I think the song itself was a broad generalization. There were a handful of rappers at the time that fit that description, MC Hammer being the most obvious.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






    Anti_matter
  • Anti_matterAnti_matter Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Hammer ever get after ice cube for this?


    Actually Ice Cube wrote a letter to The Source that they printed in the editorial section. He said that he didn't direct or edit the video and he didn't mean to imitate or portray MC Hammer in any way.

    Then who was cube talking about

    I think the song itself was a broad generalization. There were a handful of rappers at the time that fit that description, MC Hammer being the most obvious.

    If anybody was going back to the hood and giving back to the community it was MC Hammer.

    That's was a huge part of why he went broke.

    He tried give a job to everybody in east Oakland.
    5 GrandHerbalVaporCapers
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you all are talking about how gangster hammer was I bet y'all didn't know he was a preacher before he started rapping
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall sound dumb as duck log the duck off

    Got Jay dick so far up your ass, it's hard to spell huh?

    It's a called a typo dickhead how the fuck you on the Internet measuring niggas gangster moves f "hammer made real street moves" that landed his ass in debt and got him in them cheesy ass hammer pants til this day while Jay a fucking billionaire and

    I never mentioned Jay z at all or hinted to it get them camel balls out your mouth

    "Jay-Z was never a gangster he just sold drugs"

    Smh you for you act like he was the dorm room weed man he was pushing in the projects in the 80s your agl gangster by default you sound dumb as fuck do Yall do the know these men to get all intricate about their levels of gangstaness ?this ain't GTA ONLINE ain't no level or ranking to read

    You dumb summaofbitch(bernie mac voice)

    So basically you coming into a topic and asking why I'm discussing the topic. Also, I didn't measure anyone gangster moves dumbass. Someone else did that by basically saying Jay had more "Street Power." All I did was ask what the basis for that comment was. I don't care who is more gangster than who. I just don't see how that claim can be made given the information available.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • LOLCLLOLCL Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Can we go back to telling stories about Hammer in the 90s?
Sign In or Register to comment.