Would you rather be a number 1 qb pick or wait til later rounds...

Options
rapmusic
rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
to go to a team with more potential to win sooner. So Dak Prescott is about to take over for The Cowboys. Nobody knew this dude would be anything in the NFL.. Dak was nice in college but people didn't really know becauae he played for Mississippi State in the same division as LSU and Alabama. It's crazy that Romo didn't get drafted and Dak got drafted in the 4th round. All these top 10 pick qbs that fell off cause they were picked by wack ass teams and you got these 2 taking over at qb for one of the most popular teams in football. Of course we know the Tom Brady story..hell even Russell Wilson. Man I might want to wait to get picked late and ball out to get that big cobtract.

Comments

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being #1 means more money and endorsements, a better chance to play bcuz you actually have talent and as a competitor who wants to be passed up in the draft? Top 10 qb's tend to stay in the league bcuz they do have some talent or they wouldn't of been top 10 in the first place. Going in later rounds doesn't even guarantee you a spot on the team bcuz most likely that team already has a good qb on the roster. For every Tom,Dak and Russell there is a bunch of unemployed 4th and 5th round qb's.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    top pick all the way.
    Think about it.
    Money, endorsement deals, ? , money, an actual chance to start, money.

Even if you brick, you still get paid.
    Literally no way to lose there.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    In the NFL it's all about getting as much dough as you possibly can as fast as you can just in case ? doesn't work out so it's always the move to wanna be as high in the draft as you can
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #1 pick easily. Sam Bradford aint done ? and he sittin on like 100 mil. Stafford too.
  • rapmusic
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    #1 pick easily. Sam Bradford aint done ? and he sittin on like 100 mil. Stafford too.
    Lol! Hell Matt Ryan too. You guys are making valid points. I'm really making this thread cause it's looking like Dashaun Watson will be the number 1 pick next draft and people are thinking Cleveland might get it again. I don't want my dude to end up in Cleveland lol. It is what it is though.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Give me that #1 guaranteed money just in case I'm Jamarcus Russell and trash.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #1 pick, show me the $$$$. There's no job security for the later rounds.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    top pick all the way.
    Think about it.
    Money, endorsement deals, ? , money, an actual chance to start, money.

Even if you brick, you still get paid.
    Literally no way to lose there.

Word to Jamarcus, Ryan Leaf, and David Carr.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1 pick.

I'm a competitor, I would embrace that bullseye
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Lol! Hell Matt Ryan too. You guys are making valid points. I'm really making this thread cause it's looking like Dashaun Watson will be the number 1 pick next draft and people are thinking Cleveland might get it again. I don't want my dude to end up in Cleveland lol. It is what it is though.

RG3 is going to have a good year they're not having the number 1 pick
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im taking that cash money up front
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm Deshaun Watson and the Browns have the #1 pick I'm pulling an Eli and telling my agent like straight up, tell these ? I aint going to Cleveland.
  • rapmusic
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »

RG3 is going to have a good year they're not having the number 1 pick
    I sure hope that happens
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #1 pick

Plus you can still get picked by a sorry team in the later rounds also. At least you're getting 20-30 mill guaranteed while going 3-13.