White Woman Opens Fire Killing Young Black Aspiring Doctor & College Student

Options
2»

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I got ? to do. But me just summarize what I am trying to say.

It is factually inaccurate to say that blacks are not more violent that whites. The statistics are clear.

So these white racists are actually right when they say that we are more violent. But the question is why are we more violent.

You may think that these statistics make us look bad, but when you look beneath the surface at what causes some groups to commit violent crime at higher rates than others, we don't look bad at all. It is poverty, living in neighborhoods with high rates of family disruption and things like that causes some groups of people to commit more crimes than others.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

It is factually inaccurate to say that blacks are not more violent that whites. The statistics are clear.

So these white racists are actually right when they say that we are more violent. But the question is why are we more violent.

You may think that these statistics make us look bad, but when you look beneath the surface at what causes some groups to commit violent crime at higher rates than others, we don't look bad at all. It is poverty, living in neighborhoods with high rates of family disruption and things like that causes some groups of people to commit more crimes than others.

6ogjh205v7ki.jpeg

So what your saying is, poverty begets poverty. Now explain to me how violent crime signifies a race of people being more violent than another. Cause what the statistics point to is an act of violent crime, not an attitude of acceptance or..or..a belief in violence..you see

What you are doing is allowing the statistics to frame a race as more violent, more deadly, more threatening,..you understand. It's one thing to say I see a man that's 6'5 jump high, 6'5 men have a tendency to jump high due to their body makeup. And saying all 6'5 men can jump high....You see
  • A Talented One
    Options

6ogjh205v7ki.jpeg

So what your saying is, poverty begets poverty. Now explain to me how violent crime signifies a race of people being more violent than another. Cause what the statistics point to is an act of violent crime, not an attitude of acceptance or..or..a belief in violence..you see

What you are doing is allowing the statistics to frame a race as more violent, more deadly, more threatening,..you understand. It's one thing to say I see a man that's 6'5 jump high, 6'5 men have a tendency to jump high due to their body makeup. And saying all 6'5 men can jump high....You see

Nobody is saying all blacks are violent; that is obviously false.

But any particular group, at some particular place and at some particular time, may commit higher rates of violent crime than other groups, at that particular place and time. And if so, then it does not seem inaccurate to say that that group is more violent, once is understood that the claim is a very particular one about a particular group in a particular place (AAs, as opposed to all blacks worldwide, e.g.) at a particular time (now, as opposed to all times).

Anyway, the main thing is that we should not deny the indisputable because some think it makes us look bad.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

6ogjh205v7ki.jpeg

But any particular group, at some particular place and at some particular time, may commit higher rates of violent crime than other groups, at that particular place and time. And if so, then it does not seem inaccurate to say that that group is more violent, once is understood that the claim is a very particular one about a particular group in a particular place (AAs, as opposed to all blacks worldwide, e.g.) at a particular time (now, as opposed to all times).

Anyway, the main thing is that we should not deny the indisputable because some think it makes us look bad.

lol...that's interview 50 Cent level rambling. you use terms like us and we, do you consider yourself more violent than white men? or do you use us and we as a way to take the sting out of meaning them, and y'all. I.E..."I'm one of the good ones" ..."I'm one of the ones who sees that, they..are what you say...we..are" ...think that's why they're using words like ? bruh

you might need to reexamine your motives bruh

okrv5454ztt0.png
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to make the argument that Black people commit violent crime at a higher rate due to concentrated poverty and all that, cool...just strange that you would pick THIS thread to do that in.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sending $1000 to the first Canadian poster who beats the ? out of a talented ? . Stamp that on my son.
  • A Talented One
    Options

6ogjh205v7ki.jpeg

lol...that's interview 50 Cent level rambling. you use terms like us and we, do you consider yourself more violent than white men? or do you use us and we as a way to take the sting out of meaning them, and y'all. I.E..."I'm one of the good ones" ..."I'm one of the ones who sees that, they..are what you say...we..are" ...think that's why they're using words like ? bruh

you might need to reexamine your motives bruh

okrv5454ztt0.png

My motives are utterly pure.

Sorry that you don't quite understand what I am saying though.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    If you want to make the argument that Black people commit violent crime at a higher rate due to concentrated poverty and all that, cool...just strange that you would pick THIS thread to do that in.

@Stiff

This is how the argument develops.

Du and others going around saying: "And they say that we are more violent."

Me (eventually): "Stop it. Going by statistics, we are more violent. We have higher rates of violent crime."

Onlookers [thinking]: "So this fool is a ? after all, saying that we are naturally more violent."

Me [preemptively]: "And these high rates of violent crime aren't because we are naturally prone to violence. It is because of poverty, family disruption and things like that."

So don't pretend that I just started talking about that poverty stuff out of the blue.

• A Talented One
    Options
    One last thing.

If you took what I said in this thread as coonish, you're a ? . Simple as that.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blacks are profiled at a much higher rate than any other people for every type of crime. We are overrepresented for white collar crimes just like violent crimes. That tells us that if a black person is in the room the black person is ur suspect. It doesn't matter if I'm in the hood or on wall street. 9 out of 10 times I'm investigated first. I then have to prove my innocence instead of them proving my guilt.

Stats will always say my people commit more crimes because my people are always the suspect even if we didn't do it.

Men lie women lie and numbers do too
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Blacks are profiled at a much higher rate than any other people for every type of crime. We are overrepresented for white collar crimes just like violent crimes. That tells us that if a black person is in the room the black person is ur suspect. It doesn't matter if I'm in the hood or on wall street. 9 out of 10 times I'm investigated first. I then have to prove my innocence instead of them proving my guilt.

Stats will always say my people commit more crimes because my people are always the suspect even if we didn't do it.

Men lie women lie and numbers do too

@semi-auto-mato

Generally speaking, I don't disagree with this.

Crime statistics have to be viewed with caution because arrest and imprisonment figures may simply reflect differential treatment in various stages of the criminal process (investigation, arrest, etc).

Informed people who agree that black people commit more violent crime take such issues into account. With violent crime, there are additional sources of information (victim reports of the race of the perpetrator) that you can use to independently verify incarceration figures.