After Being Stared Down by a Couple in ? Barrel, This Dad Received a Note About Parenting

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.popsugar.com/moms/Dad-Receives-Note-From-Strangers-After-Breakfast-Son-42305417

When Kevon Smith Sr. sat down for breakfast at ? Barrel with his son Kevon Jr. in Willoughby, OH, he had no idea he was going to make headlines just for being a good dad.

Kevon noticed a couple staring and smiling at him and his 3-month-old son, and although he was confused, he just went on with the meal. "I noticed this older couple over in the corner," he said. "They kept smiling at me and I was looking at my son like, 'What is going on?'"

But when Kevon left the restaurant, it all made sense, as he saw a note on his car from the couple praising his parenting along with cash to cover his breakfast.

"Today your meal is on my wife and me," it read. "Enjoy that baby as long as ? intends. Keep doing what you're doing. The Masons."

These strangers were so amazed by Kevon and his relationship with his son, and he was just as moved by their generosity. "There's a lot of guys I know that aren't taking care of their kids," Kevon Sr. said, adding that he'll absolutely share the story with his son when he gets older to teach him that a little kindness can go a long way.

"I'm definitely going to make sure I'm paying it forward," he said. "I get blessed. I want to bless someone else."

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    http://www.popsugar.com/moms/Dad-Receives-Note-From-Strangers-After-Breakfast-Son-42305417

When Kevon Smith Sr. sat down for breakfast at ? Barrel with his son Kevon Jr. in Willoughby, OH, he had no idea he was going to make headlines just for being a good dad.

Kevon noticed a couple staring and smiling at him and his 3-month-old son, and although he was confused, he just went on with the meal. "I noticed this older couple over in the corner," he said. "They kept smiling at me and I was looking at my son like, 'What is going on?'"

But when Kevon left the restaurant, it all made sense, as he saw a note on his car from the couple praising his parenting along with cash to cover his breakfast.

"Today your meal is on my wife and me," it read. "Enjoy that baby as long as ? intends. Keep doing what you're doing. The Masons."

These strangers were so amazed by Kevon and his relationship with his son, and he was just as moved by their generosity. "There's a lot of guys I know that aren't taking care of their kids," Kevon Sr. said, adding that he'll absolutely share the story with his son when he gets older to teach him that a little kindness can go a long way.

"I'm definitely going to make sure I'm paying it forward," he said. "I get blessed. I want to bless someone else."

Cool story. He could have kept that other ? to himself though.

why....its his reality and they probably try make him feel left out because he wants to be with his kid.

why not let him have his moment tho
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why....its his reality and they probably try make him feel left out because he wants to be with his kid.

He did have his moment. You don't have your moment while simultaneously throwing someone else under the bus.

• 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2016
    Options

He did have his moment. You don't have your moment while simultaneously throwing someone else under the bus.

is he really throwing someone else under the bus or are they already under the bus.

maybe hes passionate about something like this and it bothers him to see other not enjoy or take the time with their own... kinda like his own way of calling certain people out. or holding them accountable
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

should he have a moment for breathing too!!?

or or maybe one for putting on clothes before he walks out the house!!?
    surely thats "moment" worthy!!?

if the ? never breathed on his own...yup
    if the ? never had clothes.....yep
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he should've gotten his ass beat for eating at CACker barrel in the first place, but i dont wanna derail the thread

gon keep the partying goin
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patronizing act
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im scared to go in look like a plantation an i dont white people looking at me thinking im a monkey....i try avoid there glares
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Disagree. Parenting is something we have total control of, and could have a huge impact on our current and future generation directly. I have zero sympathy for any man who is embarrassed by this story, in fact, guys who don't parent their kids aren't men in my eyes to begin with. That goes for mothers too who play ? games keeping men from seeing their kids.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    i think we're all missing the obvious question here....

wtf was homeboy doing in a ? barrel in the first place?

? Barrel is delicious bruh....

AND they have good turkey bacon.

Matter of fact

? Barrel >>> IHOP & Waffle House

Fight me
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2016
    Options
    its crazy what you ? attach to and promote or clown

yall saying this man shouldnt be thanked because thats his job.....but

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/544675/father-surprises-his-17-year-old-daughter-after-spending-9-years-in-prison/p1

^^^^^
    yall ? was all in feelings in that thread tho.

remember....just be happy of the girl or the moment.

we celebrate a man coming out of jail and thats a happy moment but a man with his child in ? barrel is overlooked..

make that make sense

all these fatherless or misguided people but we should overlook someone spending time with his child
    i guess only i see a bigger picture and how full of ? some people are
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/544675/father-surprises-his-17-year-old-daughter-after-spending-9-years-in-prison/p1

^^^^^

remember....just be happy of the girl or the moment

all these fatherless or misguided people but we should overlook someone spending time with his child

Those situations aren't even comparable tho....lol

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    condescending

think think they're superior to us, so they congratulate us for doing basic things they do daily....like it took extreme effort and dedication and accomplishing obstacles to take my kid to get something to eat.........

? we was ? hungry....? them and their privilege
    This sums it up. Shame the father didn't realize that. They stereotyped blacks and be was oblivious.

people really gotta stop buying into this stigma that we're not capable of anything other than what the stereotypes would have us believe.....like anything contrary to white popular belief is somehow going against the odds..

motherfukers congratulating me for feeding my child in a restaurant?

? seriously?

Yeah man. I spoke about before how my dad was a user and spent time in jail. When he was out he was always coming to see us, do things with us, have us stay at his house and always made sure we ate. He always told us to do the right thing even when he didn't. He wasn't in the best place in the world but he was there to do the best he could.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

^^^^^

not even close
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

^^^^^

are you serious.......

you completely missed the point and they have more in common than you think