How do you cope with extreme loneliness

Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
I just moved to a new city. No family no friends. I thought moving would get me away from all my problems but I'm starting to feel more and more isolated and depressed. What mind set do I have adapt to overcome this? How do you mentally adapt yourself to cope with extensive periods of lonliness?

Comments

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Go to the gym, listen to music, go for long drives getting to know your new city (best done with good music) If you can bike go on long rides. From where to where did you move?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    music and xbox 360 helps
  • QB - 4th Edition
    QB - 4th Edition Banned Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    or kick it with us on the IC
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Go to the gym, listen to music, go for long drives getting to know your new city (best done with good music) If you can bike go on long rides. From where to where did you move?

Detroit, MI to Jacksonville, FL.
    I just had to get up out of Detroit. It seems so far away from home though. I'm actually starting to get homesick
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Long drives with good music, finding random women and having a good time, renting a good movies (get yourself a Blockbuster card), and the IC as well
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Detroit, MI to Jacksonville, FL.
    I just had to get up out of Detroit. It seems so far away from home though. I'm actually starting to get homesick

That will take time. Damn it seems like there is a madd exodus from Detroit. Good people too B. Try hanging out with people from work or school for a quick drink there might be some cool people around you.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Oh man Jacksonville is a ? hole bro. Lmao aint ? to do there. Go to Jackson Beach and chill. That's really all I can tell you.
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Go out and find the Weed Man and the weed will lead you to some ? .... That should help out
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ? go out and meet ? . join clubs or groups or something
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Oh man Jacksonville is a ? hole bro. Lmao aint ? to do there. Go to Jackson Beach and chill. That's really all I can tell you.

Damn son, i just moved to Jax, don't tell me that, it hasn't set in yet.
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I bet living in Fla sucks having to hear about Miami's overrated, insignificant wildcat formation which annoys the ? outta me, and also having to hear about the Jaguar's and their ? season.

But no, I be in one of the most Liberal states, which I hate, ? up the meaning of marriage with their outragious requests and bragging about Tom Brady's overrated, ugly ass and his ? team.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I'm an introvert. I feel most comfortable by myself.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    I bet living in Fla sucks having to hear about Miami's overrated, insignificant wildcat formation which annoys the ? outta me, and also having to hear about the Jaguar's and their ? season.

But no, I be in one of the most Liberal states, which I hate, ? up the meaning of marriage with their outragious requests and bragging about Tom Brady's overrated, ugly ass and his ? team.

emperor.jpg

let is all out feel the darkside
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    I'm an introvert. I feel most comfortable by myself.

? that. new city means a clean slate with the hoes. go to the store or the club and get you some ? . no less than 5 since your new
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    BLOWUP-DOLL_449061a.jpg

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Marie Juana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Get out and see the city fam.

You're in FLA. *shrugs*
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    ? that. new city means a clean slate with the hoes. go to the store or the club and get you some ? . no less than 5 since your new

He's talking about true loneliness ? . Anybody can get ? in a new city, and it does help to have company around, but I know people who get lonely as ? despite all the hoes they ? and people they meet. I'm often on the move myself, 'cause of what I do, but I don't think I'll ever be lonely though. I'm the kind of ? who could be all by myself and still enjoy the company.

If anything, you might just need a companion. Find you a decent girl and go from there. But a lot of the suggestions here are counter productive. They help cure boredom but not loneliness. Just go out for a night on the town, have a good time and be around like minded people man. You'll be aight.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010

Ya you are most definitely a man. Good job
  • QB - 4th Edition
    QB - 4th Edition Banned Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭
    edited July 2010

lol werd that tom brady overrated fuckery gave her i mean him up

wat up souljaboy
  • Soulljah T
    edited July 2010

I'm a woman fool, I'm a sports fan, been one since was a kid, even write for a living. Is that so hard to find in a woman? I mean, DAMN.
  • Soulljah T
    edited July 2010
    lol werd that tom brady overrated fuckery gave her i mean him up

wat up souljaboy

? does knowin' my sports gotta do w/ bein a man?
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I'm a woman fool, I'm a sports fan, been one since was a kid, even write for a living. Is that so hard to find in a woman? I mean, DAMN.

Soulijah..Who is your favorite team?