Does anybody else think....

Dakari
Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Reason
Takeover is more listenable than Ether. IMO Ether is like a one time listen and i think you have to be an extreme Hov hater to listen to Ether frequently. Takeover just sounds alot better to me.

Comments

• Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I listen to Ether quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised if it was one of my top 100 frequently played songs.

I'm a big Nas fan but I don't consider myself a Hov hater... I just like hearing him get Ether'd. It's better than Takeover.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited July 2010
    Dakari wrote: »
    Takeover is more listenable than Ether. IMO Ether is like a one time listen and i think you have to be an extreme Hov hater to listen to Ether frequently. Takeover just sounds alot better to me.

Co-Sign to the fullest.
  • Rap Critic
    Rap Critic Members Posts: 104
    edited July 2010
    Takeover has the better beat, but "Ether" has the better rhymes.

Look at it like this: whenever someone gets beaten in a rap battle, what do people say? "He ethered him".

That's sort of a superficial way to look at it, but it's a case where Nas came stronger lyrically.

And why is this the only rap battle people ever talk about anymore? What about Ice Cube and Common? LL Cool J and Kool Moe Dee? Roxanne and... every rapper in New York.

How did that even get started anyway? What was the reason? I remember she made a song in response to U.T.F.O., but they never actually knew her. Could someone help me with that?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ether is a better diss, but takeover is musically superior
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    yeah its not like we can all have different tastes in music
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    to me... the beat on ether makes the song boring...
    i think Nas should've made the "? with your soul like ether" and the "i will not lose" a longer chorus.
  • checkyourhead
    checkyourhead Members Posts: 177
    edited August 2010
    takeover is a much better song, and arguably one of the best on blueprint

ether is the better diss track though

if i had the option, 9 tuimes out of 10 - i'd be banging takeover