Aj Styles >>>HBK Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    When you factor charisma, mic skills, look, impact on the industry, storylines etc AJ is not even top 30 All Time, the only thing he does above average is his in ring work and even that isn't Top 10 All Time great...

I don't even consider AJ better than Punk All Time and Punk wasn't even all that to me..

AJ Bullet Club, AJ vs Nakamura single handleedly put both in WWE RIGHT NOW. AJ being the "Sting" of TNA has arguably skyrockted ever since leaving in a shorter amount of time.

Yall need to step out the WWE bubble and recognize the wrestling bubble.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2016
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    It's cause a lot of ppl are WWE fans more than wrestling fans but I agree. His TNA run was more impressive than HBK. His feud and faction with Flair was more impressive than HBK. His in-ring ability is more impressive than HBK. He adapts really well to every industry and storyline he's been in. HBK can't do that. He's WWE only. Their style is more slow paced.

#facts n AJ is a better winner

What does that mean? Being a better winner?

Been the man longer, more championships in more places, plus when HBK was a babyface champ in 96 that was considered a failure, and he wasnt moving merchandise like that as a top guy period. Ratings werent going through the roof until guys like Austin and The Rock developed into their characters. They were megastars not HBK.

DX was his peak marketability -and even then it was more of 2 man or 3 persons group working off each other.

HBK has meant alot mostly to WWE, AJ has meant alot to pro-wrestling period.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    But AJ has never been as big as HBK either so that's not really helping your last post
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    When you factor charisma, mic skills, look, impact on the industry, storylines etc AJ is not even top 30 All Time, the only thing he does above average is his in ring work and even that isn't Top 10 All Time great...

I don't even consider AJ better than Punk All Time and Punk wasn't even all that to me..

AJ Bullet Club, AJ vs Nakamura single handleedly put both in WWE RIGHT NOW. AJ being the "Sting" of TNA has arguably skyrockted ever since leaving in a shorter amount of time.

The Club was Finns ? , not AJ. AJ vs Nakamura? A match nobody with a life saw when it happened in Japan and nobody will ever look up so who cares, literally ZERO impact on the industry. AJ the "Sting of TNA"? Gtfoh, Sting was the Sting of TNA.

AJ good in the ring but he's average to ass at everything else, he's not even better than RVD All Time.
  • blu197
    Options
    It's cause a lot of ppl are WWE fans more than wrestling fans but I agree. His TNA run was more impressive than HBK. His feud and faction with Flair was more impressive than HBK. His in-ring ability is more impressive than HBK. He adapts really well to every industry and storyline he's been in. HBK can't do that. He's WWE only. Their style is more slow paced.

Been the man longer, more championships in more places

You're dumb af, if AJ was "the man" for WCW in 90s (you know a company that actually drew money and was known across the globe) then just maybe you'd have a point, but he was "the man" for companies majority of the population doesn't even know exist that a mid carder from the E can be "the man" of, basically AJ was the man of irrelevance..

Those "more Titles" he won in the indies don't matter, just a fact, by your logic that makes AJ better Rock or Stone Cold, like i said a mid carder like Del Rio can be the top guy at TNA, Japan etc
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Been the man longer, more championships in more places

You're dumb af, if AJ was "the man" for WCW in 90s (you know a company that actually drew money and was known across the globe) then just maybe you'd have a point, but he was "the man" for companies majority of the population doesn't even know exist that a mid carder from the E can be "the man" of, basically AJ was the man of irrelevance..

Those "more Titles" he won in the indies don't matter, just a fact, by your logic that makes AJ better Rock or Stone Cold, like i said a mid carder like Del Rio can be the top guy at TNA, Japan etc

I never mentioned WCW or WWE Velocity, you dumb AF and in your feelings for mention the former, and hes the face that runs the place sooo... So much for being irrelevant!
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    But AJ has never been as big as HBK either so that's not really helping your last post

What about the other 10 posts?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol an hbk only meaning a lot to wwe, he's probably the reason aj is a wrestler bruh. I know u don't like wwe but ur making this comparison more ridiculous than it should b
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Lol an hbk only meaning a lot to wwe, he's probably the reason aj is a wrestler bruh. I know u don't like wwe but ur making this comparison more ridiculous than it should b

I love WWE Im a Bret Hart fan. You see your assumption is wrong @Peezy_Jenkins
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I disagree with HBK birthing AJ Styles. Two completely different styles of wrestling but there were wrestlers that birthed HBK.

I also disagree with one point in blu's statement because AJ was way too young to carry an impact on WCW at that time plus HBK didn't become popular til he broke free from Marty Jannety. The rest is strictly opinions which entirely is debatable.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I can argue for most of their singles career Bret overshadowed HBK ijs
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I disagree with HBK birthing AJ Styles. To completely different styles of wrestling but there were wrestlers that birthed HBK.

I also disagree with one point in blu's statement because AJ was way too young to carry an impact on WCW at that time plus HBK didn't become popular til he broke free from Marty Jannety. The rest is strictly opinions which entirely debatable.
    AJ styles who was Air Styles and member of Air Raid with Air Paris was only on Nitro for a month before that ? went down. Being in ROH and TNA at the same time is what really birthed AJ Styels career
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2016
    Options

The Club was Finns ? , not AJ. AJ vs Nakamura? A match nobody with a life saw when it happened in Japan and nobody will ever look up so who cares, literally ZERO impact on the industry. AJ the "Sting of TNA"? Gtfoh, Sting was the Sting of TNA.

AJ good in the ring but he's average to ass at everything else, he's not even better than RVD All Time.

Your first line proves your a WWE zombie bro. He was never Finn with the Bullet Club, he was Prince Devitt, two you can argue Bullet Club was bigger with AJ Styles in it than when Prince Devitt was in it. I dont think you even watched that.

Yes AJ was the young star building the biggest competitor to WWE/F in wrestling aka Sting, while Jarrett was the older vet Flair. An already made15 -20 year older Sting isnt the same as a younger beach blonde way more athletic who everyone almost singularly attached to the brand.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    I think if u asked aj he'd prolly say hbk was an inspiration.

I think I'll just leave this thread alone tho cuz it's starting to come off as down playing hbk to boost aj which is highly unnecessary
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Btw you say nobody saw AJ vs Nakamura (which shows what kind of WWE mark you are), I bet you the dude who helped sign Nakamura and AJ Styles saw that
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

I think I'll just leave this thread alone tho cuz it's starting to come off as down playing hbk to boost aj which is highly unnecessary

Dont fall for the bait (too late)
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Point blank period. Close thread.

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with the first statement but that's not entirely inclusive to HBK. Hulk Hogan was an inspiration to many great wrestlers including the Rock, HBK and Steve Austin saying that Terry is better is entirely debatable.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2016
    Options

I agree with the first statement but that's not entirely inclusive to HBK. Hulk Hogan was an inspiration to many great wrestlers including the Rock, HBK and Steve Austin saying that Terry is better is entirely debatable.

And even Hogan had his inspirations also. I bet you HBK inspiration was Dynamite Kid, Ricky Steamboat and Macho Man even when he wrestled in the same company a few years later. I bet you HBK looked up to Curt Henning before he surpassed him.

And tag teams? Im not gonna say Midnight Express and Rock N Roll Express but I said them.
  • blu197
    edited September 2016
    Options

Straight up retardation in this post and thread.

Your first line proves your a WWE zombie bro. He was never Finn with the Bullet Club,he was Prince Devitt

It's the same guy you ? tool, "I only refer to wrestlers by their indie names" how big of a basement neckbeard are you? I bet you only call Seth "Tyler Black" and Dean "Jon Moxly" huh

You the type of ? that thinks Nakamura is better than Undertaker, the type of ? that thinks The Young Bucs are better than The New Age Outlaws. FOH you lame ? , your opinion on anything wrestling from this day forth is ASS.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Bret had a longer run as a singles star from 1991-2000. HBK was already retired before Bret got dome kicked by Goldberg but when he came back the crown was his alone.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ok I'm back cuz this question is one I'm curious about

U say hbk meant more to wwe only n aj meant more to pro wrestling

How sway? Just cuz aj did all the Indies n hbk didn't? Hbk is directly impactful upon some of our fav indie/work rate guys, and more known world wide despite having not worked Indies since the 80's. I'm not downplaying aj impact but that just seems ridiculous, I need someone to explain this. No matter what yall or Vince says, wwe is still pro wrestling, stone cold said so.

Y'all are also downplaying hbk run on top when, as much as we wanted it too aj run in TNA or roh moved no needles and no it's not cuz "boo hoo everyone is wwe marks they don't know real wrestling" the criticism on hbk 90's run is overblown and misguided
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    N no I wasn't saying hbk was aj only inspiration or he was the only guy to inspire wrestlers, I just think if u asked aj he'd probably name hbk
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Straight up retardation in this post and thread.

Your first line proves your a WWE zombie bro. He was never Finn with the Bullet Club,he was Prince Devitt

It's the same guy you ? tool, "I only refer to wrestlers by their indie names" how big of a basement neckbeard are you? I bet you only call Seth "Tyler Black" and Dean "Jon Moxly" huh

You the type of ? that thinks Nakamura is better than Undertaker, the type of ? that thinks The Young Bucs are better than The New Age Outlaws. FOH you lame ? , your opinion on anything wrestling from this day forth is ASS.

Lol this ? is in his feelings. Youve been successfully trolled. Btw you look foolish.

Bret was beating HBK for the most part in the IC and world championship scene until the Montreal Screwjob.

NJPW is indies? You big crybaby you.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    N no I wasn't saying hbk was aj only inspiration or he was the only guy to inspire wrestlers, I just think if u asked aj he'd probably name hbk

Nah I agree with you bro Im just messing.