New Orleans Saints 2016 season discussion thread.

Options
13»

Comments

• JLlama1980
    JLlama1980 Members Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    After tonight's game, somebody gotta get ? fired man. This ? is deplorable! #SaintsHeaux
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two games in a row we should have won
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Defense looks so good in the second half of games.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I dont give a ? if we win a game, It is still....................

who-dat-01.jpg

https://youtu.be/RE7CkfPXPzE

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was the first complete game we played all year, Payton was gunning for Gregg.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Why the ? is Hightower still getting Ingram carries.

Coach is ? me off. I'm glad Ingram blew up on the sideline.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I hate Bell.

Dude is the worst

Hopefully we draft Adams and replace that ?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I hate Bell.

Dude is the worst

He will get better. I would rather them draft Tre White.
    Really get Fournette to sell tickets. Draft a bunch of OL and DL and see what happen.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I hate Bell.

Dude is the worst

He will get better. I would rather them draft Tre White.
    Really get Fournette to sell tickets. Draft a bunch of OL and DL and see what happen.

? that guy

He shows no promise.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • caddo man
    edited January 2017
    Options
    thread bump

Good! Great to see we stay on your mind.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Going back to the well. I aint mad cause those CFL DBs are used to defending the pass constantly.

The Saints added two more Wednesday by signing defensive back Forrest Hightower and linebacker Adam Bighill, according to The Sports Network out of Canada.

Hightower, 24, is a two-year CFL veteran from San Jose State. He stands 5-foot-10 and 186 pounds. He intercepted four passes in 16 regular season and postseason games, including two in Grey Cup championship to help the Ottawa Redblacks win the 2016 title.

Bighill, 28, is a six-year CFL veteran from Central Washington. He stands 5-foot-10 and 230 pounds. He was a four-time CFL all-star and named the league's most outstanding defensive player in 2015.

Bighill for his career has 489 tackles on defense and 69 on special teams with 33 sacks in 99 games, all with the BC Lions. He posted 108 tackles with five sacks in 18 games in 2016.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Michael Thomas ranked tied for sixth in receiving touchdowns with nine and ninth in the league in receiving yards (1,137) and receptions (92). Thomas also broke all of the notable Saints rookie receiving records, which meant passing all-time team great Marques Colston.

Cooks over 1,000 yards and Ingram ran for over 1'000 yards.

This is why I say go OL in the first round. DE/LB/QB in the second round. QB/RB in the 3rd. Value picks after that.
    Resign Hightower, Sterling Moore, Nick Fairley,

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2017/1/4/13754640/new-orleans-saints-fan-pulse-free-agency-paves-way-fix-2017

Facing a period where the team could have anywhere from $24-30 million at their disposal is the exact opposite of what Saints fans are accustomed to. The news gets even better when you look at only $9.1 million in dead money. The best news is that the Saints could easily gain another $10-15 million by making a lot of smart and logical moves. For instance, players like Jairus Byrd ($11.7 million cap hit), Terron Armstead ($12 million cap hit), and Max Unger ($7.4 million cap hit) could have their contracts restructured to help the team create space.

The team could also work on a long-term deal with safety Kenny Vaccaro ($5.67 million cap hit), which could alleviate some space. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Saints front office push money and ‘rob Peter to pay Paul’ to ensure they grab some appealing free agents. Plus, they’ll have some of their own they’ll want to sign. Let’s also not forget about the Canadian connection with the CFL, which has brought in Delvin Breaux and Erik Harris in the past couple of years.

No matter how you slice it, fans just want to see the right ones, not necessarily the splashy ones.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Bell needs to be cut
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thread bump

Good! Great to see we stay on your mind.

nice AVI
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    We letting go coaches.

I like it
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who the 'aints playing this weekend?...... Oh yeah this right. Nevermind lmfao
    https://youtu.be/7flZvy0uRV0