Columbus,OH pigs ? a black 13-year-old boy Tyre King who was carrying laser BB gun...

Options

Comments

• Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    So they're saying he pulled the bb gun out of his waist as he was running away?

Smh ok

Seems fishy. Why would someone knowingly pull a BB gun on someone with a real gun? If it really did go like that though, I can't fault the cops here. Most BB guns now look real.

Because he's 13. They dont understand the world in full at all. They understand enough, but not much. Its the same reason Tamir Rice was walking around the park pointing his bb gun at people that walked by him, unaware how that might seem to a bystander, and the consequence of his actions.

Theyre children lost in a reality of the coolness of violence. I was a child once, who wanted to play with bb guns. My grandmother said no, and made it clear she would destroy me if i did. So we used super soakers, and orange plastic guns in our own backyard.

Now kids is walking around with bb/pellet guns that look like glocks. This cant be real life.

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9OlrZ0uVE

The "black" officials playing their usual role as background ornaments for the white politician...
  • Vellum
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? said 'Who cares?' about a child with a BB gun being shot and killed. SMH. This can't be life.

Its the cynic in me. Sorry. I just cant care anymore when people continue to do the same ? over and over. Not saying they were guilty of the crime of robbing someone, and i dont know if he pulled out the gun and pointed at the officer, although i wouldnt be shocked if he did, which is sadder.

Im just tired of the reality that we're seriously still pretending like we dont know the outcome of running from the police, especially with a gun on you. He might still be a kid, but hes conscious enough to be walking around with a bb gun that looks like a real one, and i doubt its just to shoot squirrels.

Not that i dont care about his life. Im just worn out from america, and my community. It feels like an impossible scenario to fix with us. How quickly we dive face first into death in this country is absurd. Shorty murdering ole girl over a man the other day, and couldve killed a child too. Over some ? ? These arent new stories. Theyre just the same ? different day, and its draining.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/09/columbus-police-shooting/500120/
    At a news conference Thursday morning, Andrew Ginther, the Columbus mayor, said King’s death was “troubling,” calling it a “call to action for our entire community.” He called King’s possession of a “replica of a firearm” “very, very dangerous conduct.” Ginther said the investigation would take time and urged patience, and added: “It is a dangerous time to be a police officer in this country. It is our job to protect them as well as the people they protect.”

Jacobs, speaking at the news conference, said police were looking to see if there was video of the shooting. The city’s officers don’t wear body cameras, though Ginther said he hoped they would be deployed early next year.

Jacobs added: “Our officers carry a gun that’s practically identical to” the weapon allegedly carried by King. Jacobs detailed the next steps in the investigation: The Critical Incident Response Team will review the killing, and the prosecutor will present the evidence to a grand jury. If the grand jury decides to charge the officer, she said, the case would go through the courts. If it doesn’t, the review would be examined by officers in Mason’s chain of command and other police brass.

Jacobs said there had been 13 incidents this year in Columbus in which officers had shot people; there were five fatalities, she said, and one officer had been killed, as well.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/15/13-year-old-shooting-update.html
    Police chief identifies officer who shot 13-year-old suspect

City and police officials released the name of the police officer who shot a 13-year-old boy Wednesday night in the Olde Towne East neighborhood.

Tyree King, an 8th grader at Linden-McKinley STEM Academy, died at Nationwide Children’s Hospital around 8:22 p.m., roughly half an hour after police said he had been shot multiple times by officer Bryan Mason in an alley near East Capitol Street.

This morning, Columbus Police Chief Kim Jacobs gave the officer's name, adding “Officers at the scene were very disturbed about the fact that here we are at the this time of the night chasing armed 13-year-olds."

Officers had initially been called to the area of East Broad and 18th streets on an armed robbery call, according to Sgt. Rich ? , spokesman for the Columbus Division of Police.

The robbery victim told officers several young men approached him, one with a gun, demanding money, police said.

Officers approached three males on nearby Hoffman Street, two of whom fled on foot to the alley off East Capitol Street, police said.

King, who was one of those fleeing, pulled what police later determined to be a BB gun with an attached laser sight from his waistband. An officer then shot King, police said.

The officer and the other man with King, 19-year-old Demetrius Braxton, were not injured.

Braxton told the Dispatch that he was with King and saw the shooting.

Braxton described King's gun as a BB gun that look like a real gun. He said there was a laser site under the gun barrel.

King wanted to rob someone for money, Braxton said. “I was in the situation,” he said. “We robbed somebody, the people I was with.”

Braxton said police started chasing them and they ran. “The cops said to get down. We got down but my friend (King) got up and ran.”

“He started to run. When he ran, the cops shot him.”

He said King was shot four to five times. “I didn’t think a cop would shoot. Why didn’t they tase him?" Braxton said.

Police said the young male who was with King was interviewed and released pending further investigation.

A man who lives in the area, Chris Naderer of Hoffman Avenue, said he was in his home when he heard someone knock down a gate in his backyard. He looked outside to see a police officer chasing two young men into an alley behind his home. He said he then heard three to five gunshots from the alley.

At City Hall today, Mayor Andrew J. Ginther, Jacobs and Public Safety Director Ned Pettus spoke about the shooting.

Ginther said King’s death and the fact he had such a weapon should be a wakeup call for the city. He urged calm and patience as police investigation and King’s family grieves.

“The loss of a young person is particularly difficult,” Ginther said. "As a mayor and a father, the loss of a 13-year-old in the city of Columbus is troubling.”

Jason Pappas, president of Fraternal Order of Police Capital City Lodge No. 9, was at the shooting scene Wednesday night and spoke with the officer involved.

“Officers do not have the luxury of knowing if it’s a real gun or not,” Pappas said. “So two young men who were suspects in this armed robbery separated and ran. One of them was ordered to show his hands and go to the ground, and he complied.”

Pappas said King did not comply with orders to show his hands, reached for a gun, and the officer was forced to shoot.

“If you just comply with their lawful orders, everything will come out OK,” Pappas said. “ That is the message that needs to be heard. You have to comply with lawful orders of a police officer.”

Pappas said the officer involved in the shooting is regarded as a “really, really good officer."

“It is a dangerous time to be a police officer,” Ginther said.

Jacobs would not comment on details of the shooting, maintaining that it was less than 24 hours since the incident and she was still gathering facts.

“We want to have all the need to have the right answers not quick answers,” she said.

Mason, 31, was hired in December of 2006.

He has been involved in several officer-involved shootings and this is the second time he has shot and killed someone.

Mason shot and killed John E. Kaufman in December of 2012 during a dispute between Kaufman and another man.

Kaufman refused police orders to drop his gun and was pointing it another man.

Mason was cleared of any wrongdoing in that shooting.

Columbus schools officials said counselors are available at Linden-McKinley for students today.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    ? said 'Who cares?' about a child with a BB gun being shot and killed. SMH. This can't be life.

Its the cynic in me. Sorry. I just cant care anymore when people continue to do the same ? over and over. Not saying they were guilty of the crime of robbing someone, and i dont know if he pulled out the gun and pointed at the officer, although i wouldnt be shocked if he did, which is sadder.

Im just tired of the reality that we're seriously still pretending like we dont know the outcome of running from the police, especially with a gun on you. He might still be a kid, but hes conscious enough to be walking around with a bb gun that looks like a real one, and i doubt its just to shoot squirrels.

Not that i dont care about his life. Im just worn out from america, and my community. It feels like an impossible scenario to fix with us. How quickly we dive face first into death in this country is absurd. Shorty murdering ole girl over a man the other day, and couldve killed a child too. Over some ? ? These arent new stories. Theyre just the same ? different day, and its draining.

Even if all that you said is true...that cynicism and you feeling that people keep doing the same stupid ? over and over knowing what the result will be (if that's even what happened) should be negated by you previous commend: He was ? years old. 13 year olds make NOTHING BUT ? decisions. A government official killed a child who had a BB gun.

I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day this can only be rationalized so much.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ people still believing what cops say.

I need independent verification of anything they say.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the only time I used a BB gun was when I was at my white friends house. My parents forbid us having any toy guns
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens. There were a group of people that robbed someone earlier, they fit the description. Cops go to talk to them, they take off running, allegedly he pulls out his bb gun, gets got.

Who cares. Clearly ? aint learning in America. Keep repeating the same cliche over and over. His age is irrelevant. Parents should be ashamed.

@Cain get this plant outta here
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    First of all, I ain't believing a word from what these police are saying.

I don't believe this child pointed that BB gun at the police, just like I don't believe when they say "he charged at me".

They said Tamir Rice pointed the gun at police. That was a lie.
    They said John Crawford was pointing a gun at people. That was a lie.

• Vellum
    edited September 2016
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Smh ok

Seems fishy. Why would someone knowingly pull a BB gun on someone with a real gun? If it really did go like that though, I can't fault the cops here. Most BB guns now look real.

Because he's 13. They dont understand the world in full at all. They understand enough, but not much. Its the same reason Tamir Rice was walking around the park pointing his bb gun at people that walked by him, unaware how that might seem to a bystander, and the consequence of his actions.

Theyre children lost in a reality of the coolness of violence. I was a child once, who wanted to play with bb guns. My grandmother said no, and made it clear she would destroy me if i did. So we used super soakers, and orange plastic guns in our own backyard.

Now kids is walking around with bb/pellet guns that look like glocks. This cant be real life.

No, more like because it probably didn't ? ' happen.

If the story doesn't make sense, it's probably because it's ? .

I sincerely doubt a 13 year old with a BB gun thought he was gonna have a shootout against cops with real guns, young-minded or otherwise.

Sigh. Im implying that because he was 13, do to his obvious lack of foresight, and awareness of reality, its not far fetched that he may have pulled his gun out on a cop after running from the cops as just a simple response to his fear.

I know you guys understand this. ? tell me to keep it simple stupid, but even if i type 4 paragraphs, its somehow misunderstood.

When i was 13, we were scared of the dark, and use to play a game of who could stay in the woods the longest. A 13 year olds brain, regardless of if he robbed someone with his friends earlier or not, will react in a completely non logical way more than an adult when put under the pressure of fear.

I shouldnt have to explain this.
  • Vellum
    Options

Even if all that you said is true...that cynicism and you feeling that people keep doing the same stupid ? over and over knowing what the result will be (if that's even what happened) should be negated by you previous commend: He was ? years old. 13 year olds make NOTHING BUT ? decisions. A government official killed a child who had a BB gun.

I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day this can only be rationalized so much.

Yeah, but he didnt know he was 13 years old when he approached them, and a child can still ? an adult. There are thousands of adults in the course of american history that are dead, and can attest (as ghost. lol) to a child intentionally killing them.

Size means nothing anymore, because ? is 28 years old, skinny as big sean, looking like children. So you cant even look at a dude and tell their age. We'll have to wait for the facts, but being 13 means nothing. We already know that, and i dont need to post the stories of young teenagers committing grown ass crimes on here. WE KNOW THIS HAPPENS.

I aint on no ones side. Just pointing out an objective observation of the situation. This could be tamir rice 2.0, with an over zealous cop just killing someone who simply ran from them, or it could be exactly what it is. Its not like it doesnt happen.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Smh ok

No, more like because it probably didn't ? ' happen.

If the story doesn't make sense, it's probably because it's ? .

I sincerely doubt a 13 year old with a BB gun thought he was gonna have a shootout against cops with real guns, young-minded or otherwise.

Sigh. Im implying that because he was 13, do to his obvious lack of foresight, and awareness of reality, its not far fetched that he may have pulled his gun out on a cop after running from the cops as just a simple response to his fear.

I know you guys understand this. ? tell me to keep it simple stupid, but even if i type 4 paragraphs, its somehow misunderstood.

When i was 13, we were scared of the dark, and use to play a game of who could stay in the woods the longest. A 13 year olds brain, regardless of if he robbed someone with his friends earlier or not, will react in a completely non logical way more than an adult, when put under the pressure of fear.

I shouldnt have to explain this.

Yeah bruh, you should.

Are you insisting that a 13 year old (pretty much High School age) would think, under any circumstance, that a BB gun is going to do something against a real gun ?

That's not the same ? as "staying in the woods the longest". We were all 13 once, ask how many of us thought we could shoot it out with a BB gun.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, but he didnt know he was 13 years old when he approached them, and a child can still ? an adult. There are thousands of adults in the course of american history that are dead, and can attest (as ghost. lol) to a child intentionally killing them.

Size means nothing anymore, because ? is 28 years old, skinny as big sean, looking like children. So you cant even look at a dude and tell their age. We'll have to wait for the facts, but being 13 means nothing. We already know that, and i dont need to post the stories of young teenagers committing grown ass crimes on here. WE KNOW THIS HAPPENS.

I aint on no ones side. Just pointing out an objective observation of the situation. This could be tamir rice 2.0, with an over zealous cop just killing someone who simply ran from them, or it could be exactly what it is. Its not like it doesnt happen.

You ain't on anyone's side...but every post you've made thus far in this thread has been in some shape, form or fashion rationalizing how the cop was not at fault, how the child was at fault because he's the one who had the BB gun, etc.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens. There were a group of people that robbed someone earlier, they fit the description. Cops go to talk to them, they take off running, allegedly he pulls out his bb gun, gets got.

Who cares. Clearly ? aint learning in America. Keep repeating the same cliche over and over. His age is irrelevant. Parents should be ashamed.
    Man shut yo ? troll azz up. If ur white then ur a ignorant cac baby made outta ? . Either way run along now

He's white

Just put him on ignore like I did
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So why do y'all think ppl keep pulling fake guns on cops with real guns? Lmao

There's alotta irrational people out there, seen that firsthand. It's like these police chase I see all the time out here in So Cal. People try to drive away even though they know they'll be caught. Occasionally they end up dying because they try to ram a cop car, or get too reckless and crash. A 13 year old isn't too rational to say the least, so "if".....and it's only an "if" at this point, but if he committed armed robbery with others, then I would say he wasn't operating like a normal 13 year old would to begin with. I don't trust the cops and I don't trust the press either, so all we can do is wait for more details.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before this whole thread is occupied by people vilifying BB guns and justifying this ? , let me ask you 2 things:

- Are BB guns illegal ?
    - How many white kids are killed for carrying BB guns ?

First point no

Second point.. who cares... we have to worry about us.. because whining about whats not happening to whites is not saving a young black child from getting shot.. We already know the game so we should take precaution an use good judgement