Columbus,OH pigs ? a black 13-year-old boy Tyre King who was carrying laser BB gun...

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Vellum is gunning for A Talented One's ? crown.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is someone that has a diffient opinion from most of yall ? automatically a "? " ???
  • 5th Letter
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Why is someone that has a diffient opinion from most of yall ? automatically a "? " ???

A differing opinion doesn't equal cooning on here.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »

lol Too often it does.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Specifics ?

Maybe the difference in opinion was coonish.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let be honest, emotions run high and it can get like the "you don't like my favorite rapper, you must not like REAL HIP-HOP" ? you hear in The Reason every day.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What constitutes a ? for me is how willfully ignorant they are. Most know better but say things coming off spiteful.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol yes it does...ive seen posters get banned for it...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    What constitutes a ? for me is how willfully ignorant they are. Most know better but say things coming off spiteful.

Granted, a lot of the ? that Nothing dude says is coonish. In this case all he was really saying was that we should be cautious about this case because there is a chance it was a legit shooting. He's being called a ? for that.

Let's be real, lots of the people just want to go hard against the cops, white people, etc... under all circumstances, and anyone who exercises a little restraint gets called a ? .
  • farris2k1

Lol yea right ?
  • farris2k1
    twizza 77 wrote: »

Granted, a lot of the ? that Nothing dude says is coonish. In this case all he was really saying was that we should be cautious about this case because there is a chance it was a legit shooting. He's being called a ? for that.

Let's be real, lots of the people just want to go hard against the cops, white people, etc... under all circumstances, and anyone who exercises a little restraint gets called a ? .

Exactly
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I think the '? ' label might be appropriate to apply to someone in theory. But in practice many people are clearly too quick to apply it, and so often apply it to the wrong people. I am, without question, one of those people who have had it wrongfully applied to them.

The problem, in part, is that people don't have the right ideas about what warrants the label. I have been called a ? for saying that blacks can be racist too (not just whites), for saying that blacks commit more violent crime than whites (which no criminologist, black or white, denies), that a lot of dudes don't really like black women (as opposed to mixed women) and other stuff that, while perhaps minority opinions on the IC, are most certainly not coonish. Hell, I have even had dudes joined the bandwagon and start calling me a ? after flagging their posts a few times.

Sometimes the problem is that people just don't understand what people are trying to say, or where they are coming from, and they wrongfully apply the label as a result. I have had some of this too. For example, I remember making a thread saying something to the effect that, just as it is not OK to dress up to avoid discrimination by whites, so it's not OK to dress up to try to get better treatment from fellow blacks (cause black people should show respect to each other regardless). Some fools actually thought that I was trying to say that we should try to dress up to impress whites, though my post was clear. (Copper's ? was one of the people that thought that). Anyway, I would be inclined to say that is a coonish thing to say; the problem is that I didn't say it. There is a reason why I say that most of the people calling me a ? are ? .

Meanwhile, people like The Nubian ? (who is a Trump supporter), if he is even black, and others, who have actually said far more problematic things than I have, don't seem to be getting the label applied to them.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'ma be honest on this "? " topic..IMO from what I've read from various posters over the years at this point in time there are NO ? that post on the IC CURRENTLY. Sure "A Talented ? " is catchy..it rolls of the tongue but alot of the things he says that gets labeled coonish is only because he already earned the reputation and had it been anybody else it would've just been a simple difference in perspective. And alot of the times people earn the reputation on here for looking at a situation with nuance when other people are kinda looking at it emotionally (and rightfully so..kids being killed in cold blood and the rewarded to it is going to fire up your soul) and passionately. People view those that are looking at it with less passion as detached and thus, uncaring to the loss of Black lives, and therefore a ? . But that's not necessarily the case. Some people are always just gonna need more convincing for whatever reason. Some people are just skeptical.

Like have y'all seen what an ACTUAL ? looks like? Have y'all heard one speak? Listen to Larry Elder speak on Black issues. Listen to Clarence Thomas. Actually don't do any of that ? ? because it will raise your blood pressure. What AJackson was pretending to be...now THAT was a ? . A ? will tell you there's no such thing as systemic racism and that Black people need to simply "pull themselves up". I ain't seen anybody say anything like that here.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    I'ma be honest on this "? " topic..IMO from what I've read from various posters over the years at this point in time there are NO ? that post on the IC CURRENTLY. Sure "A Talented ? " is catchy..it rolls of the tongue but alot of the things he says that gets labeled coonish is only because he already earned the reputation and had it been anybody else it would've just been a simple difference in perspective. And alot of the times people earn the reputation on here for looking at a situation with nuance when other people are kinda looking at it emotionally (and rightfully so..kids being killed in cold blood and the rewarded to it is going to fire up your soul) and passionately. People view those that are looking at it with less passion as detached and thus, uncaring to the loss of Black lives, and therefore a ? . But that's not necessarily the case. Some people are always just gonna need more convincing for whatever reason. Some people are just skeptical.

Like have y'all seen what an ACTUAL ? looks like? Have y'all heard one speak? Listen to Larry Elder speak on Black issues. Listen to Clarence Thomas. Actually don't do any of that ? ? because it will raise your blood pressure. What AJackson was pretending to be...now THAT was a ? . A ? will tell you there's no such thing as systemic racism and that Black people need to simply "pull themselves up". I ain't seen anybody say anything like that here.

Good post.

About the last part though, I'm a have to say that Zombie comes close to saying that ? . He has even come out and said that Thomas Sowell is his hero.
  • 5th Letter
    Nah a lot of these posters are ? , sorry
    That's name calling and it really don't matter
    It is what it is tho
    What, besides ? spirits of old, would motivate a non-? to consistently give white supremacists the benefit of the doubt?

A Talented One be like "I know the police said he felt his life was in danger while I don't believe that to be true, let's say he's telling the truth I'd kinda see why he felt his life was in danger that 12 year old might've startled the cop so while its sad that a life was taken maybe we need to be more open to the idea that maybe just maybe the cops life was threatened but it's probably not true anyway but it's possible"
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen i blame the parents for allowing that ? in the house. You cannot alwayd blame the cops if he pointed it at them then they have to do what they have to do. Why in hell would he point it at them.
  • 5th Letter
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Listen i blame the parents for allowing that ? in the house. You cannot alwayd blame the cops if he pointed it at them then they have to do what they have to do. Why in hell would he point it at them.

So a kid pointed a fake gun at police officers? He may have been a kid but can we give him a little more credit than that?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

So a kid pointed a fake gun at police officers? He may have been a kid but can we give him a little more credit than that?

Lol alie. He was runnin' from them, whipped out the ting then pointed it at them?

More than likely, they shot him then found the gun on him afterward and thanked their lucky stars
  • 5th Letter

Lol alie. He was runnin' from them, whipped out the ting then pointed it at them?

More than likely, they shot him then found the gun on him afterward and thanked their lucky stars

Just like Mike Brown was running from the cops then stopped turned around and charged at the cop like Hammerhead.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, people like The Nubian ? (who is a Trump supporter), if he is even black, and others, who have actually said far more problematic things than I have, don't seem to be getting the label applied to them.
    This is the type of ? that gets you called out. I don't even ? with your posts, so why try to deflect your coonery onto me? Simply put, people call you a ? because you run to ever thread to give the Sheriff Clarkle point of view. Could be a thread about a shooting and you immediately take the cop's side. Thread about racism, and you immediately take the white side. We all see it.

I don't even think you're a ? . Likely just a sheltered cornball who is prim/proper around white folk to the point you believe racism is overblown and all is well. A Don Lemon type ? .
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, black children can only play with toy guns in the safety of their homes, in their backyards, or if they live in a rural area on their own property.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Unfortunately, black children can only play with toy guns in the safety of their homes, in their backyards, or if they live in a rural area on their own property.

A bb gun is not a toy gun, and a bb gun that looks like a real gun is even further from a toy gun. Youre not this stupid. Lemme shoot you in the eye with a bb gun, and lets see if its a ? toy or not in the way youre trying to represent it.

This is why the right wing, white media eviscerates black men on their shows when they come on to debate them, even when their host are ? ? as ? . You keep stating blatantly wrong and dumb ? in your arguments, when there are better points to be made. There were better points to be made in the tamir rice incident than just a "toy gun", and you killed him. Yet i hear that argument ad nauseum all the time from us.
  • Vellum
    bgoat wrote: »
    Vellum wrote: »
    bgoat wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Before this whole thread is occupied by people vilifying BB guns and justifying this ? , let me ask you 2 things:

- Are BB guns illegal ?
    - How many white kids are killed for carrying BB guns ?

First point no

Second point.. who cares... we have to worry about us.. because whining about whats not happening to whites is not saving a young black child from getting shot.. We already know the game so we should take precaution an use good judgement

You mistake the point of that second question.

It's not to say that Black kids should not use good judgement, or should carry BB guns (thought we should have the right like anyone else).

It's pointing out that police don't ? simply because they claim to see someone with a gun / BB gun but because a person is Black.

Straight up. You don't see black cops killing white or black kids. You don't see white cops killing white kids, but you see them killing black kids like it ain't ? to them.

? , the Milwaukee cop that shot Sylville Smith, that lead to riots just a few weeks ago was black. Dude even was a rapper. lmao

The majority of children playing with bb guns regardless of race, arent suspected of armed robbery, and arent running from cops. Theyre just in their backyard, or the woods, shooting at ? .

Dudes acting like its normal to just walk around with a bb gun that looks like a real gun in your waste at 13, and its normal to run from the cops.

As if a white boy aint catch 3, and then 2 while he laid dying on the ground for pretending to have a gun 2 months ago in California.

Stop smoking so much weed yall. Its ? with your brains heavily.

If you don't get your ass out of here with these one or 2 instances, when it's years and years of this same ole ? with the police. Do you even know why the police department was even created?

Yes i know the history of the police department. Why wouldnt i. What does that have to do with anything right now? Unless youre alluding to a vast top to bottom conspiracy of white supremacy plans being put into action through the police force across the united states of america. You tell others in here not to bring up black on black crime when its not appropriate, yet you dive deep into the history books every second you get to bring up something irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Am i suppose to bring up every instance in the past 2 decades just to defend a difference of opinion from the sheepish masses on this forum? No normal human being debates, or discusses issues like that.

• Vellum
    Vellum wrote: »
    R0mp wrote: »
    Let's say the bb gun did look real. We have seen cases where the perp has actually pointed and fired a real gun at police and was taken alive.

So the ? what. Cops arent robots. Theyre humans with varying human experiences.

ARE YOU GONNA PRETEND THERE ISNT A THREAD RIGHT NOW OF A WHITE COP NOT CHOOSING TO ? A BLACK MAN WHO HAD AN ACTUAL REAL GUN ON HIM!!!???????

If every black male that committed a violent crime was shot instead of arrested, the numbers would be astronomical.

Yall acting like you follow every police shooting in America every day across the country, and clearly just not drooling at the mouth waiting for a black man to get into a situation just so you can confirm your bias.

Its not even like we dont have ground to speak on with police brutality, lies, higher aggression towards, but we'd rather not stick to the facts, but engross ourselves in conspiracy theories, and wild assumptions.

? the numbers are astronomical right the ? now.

Who is arrested at a higher rate? Black people.

Who gets killed by police at a higher rate? Black people.
    “Over the past year, The Post found that the vast majority of those shot and killed by police were armed and half of them were white. Still, police killed blacks at three times the rate of whites when adjusted for the populations where these shootings occurred. And although black men represent 6 percent of the U.S. population, they made up nearly 40 percent of those who were killed while unarmed.”

So, even though more whites were killed by police in 2015 by sheer numbers, blacks were three times as likely to be killed by police. Blacks comprise 12 percent of the U.S. population; black men represent 6 percent.

Moreover, the trends in the first six months of 2016 mirrored the trends from 2015. Black people were shot at 2.5 times the rate of white people. About half of the sheer number of people fatally shot by police in 2016 were white, and about half were minorities. Compared to the same period in 2015, there was a 6 percent increase in the number of fatal shootings by police in the first six months of 2016.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/12/fact-check-more-whites-shot-by-police-in-2015-than-minorities/

Who unfortunately commits more violent crime than any group of people in the united states of america by a large margin? Black men. My people. Your people.

Okay, sit the ? down right now my ? . You also cant say killed by police as if 70 percent of those shootings are unjustified. As if brothas were just walking down the street discussing the new transformers movie, and caught a hot bullet for no reason.

You have to come back to reality. Instead of confirming your bias through bias ass articles. Youre telling a half truth. I dont know how many times i have to continue to say this. Stop being so emotional over the facts.

As a pure anecdote. I dont know a single person in my life killed by a white supremacist. Do you? Highly unlikely, but i know plenty beaten, stabbed to death, robbed, and shot to death by my own. Stop pretending like youre not aware of this ? . Youre doing a disservice to those lost lives by not acknowledging we have a serious problem in our community.