Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    homie u thinkin of marco not darko^^^^^
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    in a much better position than we're in now. smh. 27-55 record...whata joke...but these dudes will b back in contention...1 day...
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You never know how It wouldve turned out to be honest. I think it couldve possibly hurt the Pistons in the short term but helped them in the long run.... The Pistons back in 04 had the perfect starting 5 for Larry Brown, no true stars, all 5 ? played their roles to the MAX.... you bring in a ? like Melo and he's gotta get his, and Im not sure how Brown wouldve treated him being so young back then. But in the long run, yeah the Pistons would still be formidable now....
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i would really wish these what if threads was dead can we talk bout whats really going on in reality ohh my fault its the net so you can make believe all you want sorry for interruption
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol run with it!
    I don't know....Darko barely played, they got Rasheed in a trade and won the championship. And with Ben Wallace starting at center at that time, where were the Pistons going to start him with Elden Campbell on the bench also?
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Larry Brown would have tried his best to destroy that ? . I don't really think Melo would have lived up to his full potential with Brown as his coach and I can't say that Larry Brown wouldn't have stunted his growth. He's developed a bit of a reputation for not wanting to play rookies.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Larry Brown would have successfully done his best to destroy that ? . I don't really think Melo would have lived up to his full potential with Brown as his coach and I can't say that Larry Brown wouldn't have stunted his growth. He's developed a bit of a reputation for not wanting to play rookies.

Fixed that there for ya
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yea Melo prolly wouldnt have got PT, Larry Brown would have that ? on the pine, Tayshaun had developed into his role by that time and they had the best starting 5 in the league after the Sheed trade

Tayshaun is ass now that ? dont do ? offensively come crunch time
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Larry Brown destroys and rebuilds. Melo would be a top 5 perimeter defender by now. They woulda beat the spurs the next year too. But they wouldn't have 3peated. Miami was too good
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Larry Brown destroys and rebuilds. Melo would be a top 5 perimeter defender by now. They woulda beat the spurs the next year too. But they wouldn't have 3peated. Miami was too good

lol that woulda been something, Larry Brown wouldnt have played that ? unless he started playing some defense
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    You never know how It wouldve turned out to be honest. I think it couldve possibly hurt the Pistons in the short term but helped them in the long run.... The Pistons back in 04 had the perfect starting 5 for Larry Brown, no true stars, all 5 ? played their roles to the MAX.... you bring in a ? like Melo and he's gotta get his, and Im not sure how Brown wouldve treated him being so young back then. But in the long run, yeah the Pistons would still be formidable now....

bingo.......
  • ReppinBKtotheFullest
    ReppinBKtotheFullest Members Posts: 166
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Idk if they would've went all the way in 04 to be honest unless melo was coming off the bench
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    theres so many players in that draft better than darko, 2nd rounders n ? smh
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who Knows....Larry Brown Hates Playing Rookies ...He Prolly would have had that ? Melo on the Bench just Because....Smh
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wayde and Bosh were also passed on. Even the 2 picks after that ( Kaman or Hinrich) would have been better than Darko.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who Knows....Larry Brown Hates Playing Rookies ...He Prolly would have had that ? Melo on the Bench just Because....Smh

same thing i was thinkin
    do i need 2 mention '04 olympics????