Cinamax's Quarry (TV series)

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UgISvffeT-8
Quarry is the story of Mac Conway, a Marine who returns home to Memphis from Vietnam in 1972 and finds himself shunned by those he loves and demonized by the public. As he struggles to cope with his experiences at war, Conway is drawn into a network of killing and corruption that spans the length of the Mississippi River.

Another real good cinamax show.

The story of a Vietnam vet coming home and not getting the warm welcome he expected has been told many times before. But this is a real solid show imo. Dark, slow burn, great acting and rich n compelling characters.

Pilot was real good plus I'll watch anything with Marlo in it.

Comments

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    two esp in. its good. but I'm not hooked yet.
  • marc123
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ^Tru. But...
    They really caught me off guard when they killed off Marlo. But when dude came in bussin w/ zero ? given right after. I said to myself "Yea. Im sold."
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i seen teh previews thought bout checking this out...wasn't' really feeling that outcast show though
  • marc123
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea i seen teh previews thought bout checking this out...wasn't' really feeling that outcast show though

Outcast was okay. That horror genre is tough to do on a weekly basis imo. But it was a cool watch.

This is a much more interesting show imo.
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    ^Tru. But...
    They really caught me off guard when they killed off Marlo. But when dude came in bussin w/ zero ? given right after. I said to myself "Yea. Im sold."

I feel ya. I'm def going to continue.
  • marc123
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ep 3 was solid. Tho the kidnapping n holdin the broad hostage has been over done so many times.

The ? dude is interesting tho. He seems to have a cool backstory.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw the first 2 episodes and enjoyed it
    suprised how they did the actor that played 'Marlo' but appreciate how it setups the rest of the season (plus he proably had it coming based on the Wire karma)
    very unique characters with the Brooker and the connect who ? but can hold his own

very interested in the dynamics between Quarry and his old lady. They obviously love each other but not sure how Quarry can accept her infidelties espeically after she continued when he got back. She suspects he had something to do with her lover's death but as of episode 2 doesnt have the ? to confront and admit her part in it. How you let your sidepiece take main's ? ?

Quarry stone-cold (no pun intended)
  • marc123
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ^The talk he and Marlo had in the street after he showed him to money was trill. When they were debating whether to jump in the murder for hire bizness. Real ? rite. Marlo a real good actor.
  • marc123
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Damn!! Episode 4 was real good. Solid mix of story tellin, character development n action.

This show is on a role.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^The talk he and Marlo had in the street after he showed him to money was trill. When they were debating whether to jump in the murder for hire bizness. Real ? rite. Marlo a real good actor.

This. When I hate a character,I know the actor did his part to make me connect with the story. I hated Marlo in the wire and I really felt his situation in Quarry. Damn shame what happened to him though.

Overall, this is a cool show. I liked Banshee so I knew I'd try this show. Not cool with all the confederate flag imagery though.
  • marc123
    edited October 2016
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »

This. When I hate a character,I know the actor did his part to make me connect with the story. I hated Marlo in the wire and I really felt his situation in Quarry. Damn shame what happened to him though.

Tru. One review of the pilot i read. Reviewer said Marlo shoulda been the main character, the show should be about him. He is more of a interesting character. Atleast it looks like wife is still involved in the story.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, they laid it out like the show would track both of their lives. Can't lie though, I was definitely surprised by what happened to him. It's dumb when you think about it. They coulda played on the black-white angle, best friend angle, dual hitmen angle and more. Could have been like Sam Jackson and Travolta.

The better move would have been to ? the wife.
  • marc123
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Jus watched eps 5 and 6. I'm really digging this show.

Mac n his girl are both interesting characters imo. That sleep walking war nightmare was creepy af. Good to see them touchin on the racial issues during that time. Lovin the music too.

Sux season 1 is only 8 eps tho.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    the actor they got to play Jamie Hector's son is the ? spitting image of him. its not only the appearance but they have very similar disposition. Quite rage bubbling under the surface

ol687wnp2jq1.jpg
    m3y435u3c61c.jpg

• BIGG WILL
    Options
    1st few esp were cool. wasn't enough to pull me in. might start it back up when its over tho.
  • marc123
    Options
    Jus watched episodes 7 and 8...

the-rock-clapping.gif

Damn! this is easily one of my fav shows now. A+ season imo. Great watch.