TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    milennials are this

genx is that

it was nothing but cliche after cliche

i feared as much with how hard they hammered the 'spencer has learned how to communicate with people' narrative from a couple seasons past but i hope they dont push the theme too much past the 1st episode because just the intro alone made me sick of hearing 'we didnt get participation medals in my day' + its just gonna be stupid seeing like a 35 year old call some 28 year old a punk kid

cast_detail_survivor_lucyhuang.jpg

i really hate the older asian lady on gen x

she never said a word the entire time but always has this nasty ? face look on her face
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ cosign all of the above - especially the bitchface chick.

And ? at that close call of the black woman getting voted out first trope even though the other chick was an annoying ? from the start and ? up the puzzle.

Also i don't like the whole "cool kids vs. misfits" thing they're trying to play up on that other tribe. Those are far from cool kids - they're just ? privileged white kids banding together for superficial reasons and and a bunch of halfwits left over thinking they're outcasts because they're not being included with them. How are you an outcast if there are more of you then there are of them?

How much do you want to bet that at some point the nerdy jewish girl betrays the "misfit" alliance in order to gain favor with the whities even though it's the worst possible move for her game?
  • ckfree
    Options
    my girl was watching it with me and before the voting began i say 'watch them still vote out the black chick' and she told me i was being ridiculous (because of the edit) but then nearly fell out of my couch when she started getting votes

black woman was sitting there like what the ? did i do?!?!?!?!

lmao

i knew they were going to split their votes but i thought the split was going to be between the ? and the paranoid guy and obviously the producers wanted us to think that because they made it seem that way

her votes came out of left field for real
  • ckfree
    Options
    i got my money on the paranoid guy ? up his game trying to curry favor

he is hilariously inept and i hope he stays around until the merge for comedic relief

hes like cochran without any self realization
  • ckfree
    Options
    that was a pretty crazy tribal for their 1st of the season

i didnt think the group of 4 were playing well the way they aligned themselves but they played it very well to get mari voted out -- dude telling on zeke possibly going after michaela next got her vote -- laying out a road map for future votes like that is never a good idea unless its to someone with who you share a rock solid alliance otherwise it will almost invariably be used against you

then they planted the seeds with will and waited until tribal to catch hannah by surprise

they completely stole at least 2 votes maybe 3

it was very impressive
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ was it good strategy by the tri force (even though there's four of them) or was that a bad move by Michaela (Black chick)?

I believe there's truth to what they say about Figgy. She can be dangerous to keep around. I didn't see Mari as a threat but apparently she was smart. It just seems dumb to be outside of the popular four yet vote people out who aren't in the popular four.

• ckfree
    Options
    jay did great work with the information he got from zeke about his plans to get rid of figgy and then michaela which is what i think flipped her vote

to me hannah and wills votes against mari made less sense

i think will flipped because he is very young and impressionable -- logically it just didnt make sense but i could see michelle being a good talker -- shes an evangelist/missionary so its her job to manipulate people into converting to christianity -- hannah as sneakdza alluded to after the 1st episode probably flipped because she is so socially challenged i think she was just flattered that these cool kids were talking to her

michelle managed to play hannah by just saying trust me i'll give you a reason later wtf
  • ckfree
    Options
    ?

the chinese lady was speaking on camera

that was nuts

1 step closer to a confessional

she already has 1 of the greatest edits of all time her first words of the season were 'CALM DOWN!' and 'Shhhh!!!!' and next weeks footage looks even better

her entire edit is based around silence

on the low she a dub for the casting department -- just for the laughs -- she has the greatest ? face ive ever seen and what makes it even more hilarious is i dont even think shes actually trying to put on that face on

i cant wait to find out what the real story is here
  • ckfree
    Options
    i actually had to re watch what paul said after watching the episode

i assumed the ladies had misinterpreted it because there is no way someone could be that dumb

but on second viewing there it was

deserved what he got
  • ckfree
    Options
    i like how jeff be calling people out in the challenges

like such and such 'has taken their team COMPLETELY out of it'

and then inevitably in every challenge

'this tribe had a HUGE lead and now it's gone'

lmao

and i have fallen in love with michaela

tall
    cute

and that smooth beautiful skin

my goodness is that chick beautiful

'youre about to see some ta ta's' is probably my favorite survivor quote of all time

what a woman
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i like how jeff be calling people out in the challenges

like such and such 'has taken their team COMPLETELY out of it'

and then inevitably in every challenge

'this tribe had a HUGE lead and now it's gone'

lmao

and i have fallen in love with michaela

tall
    cute

and that smooth beautiful skin

my goodness is that chick beautiful

'youre about to see some ta ta's' is probably my favorite survivor quote of all time

what a woman

She aight
  • ckfree
    Options
    michaela being a shining star yet again

that scene of her alone in the woods was $$$

possibly literally as maybe the turning point in a winners edit
  • ckfree
    Options
    i watch this show like jane goodall watches chimpanzees while chilling on the couch eating cheeseballs out a bucket

not judgmentally but anthropologically

its always a fascinating study in human primate behavior

tribal

individual

sociological

or

otherwise

they were thinking of canceling around 2008 due to falling ratings but the landscape of tv has changed to where survivor is once again regularly winning its time slot/night while being a much more cost effective production than all the other shows -- this is a key reason they have 2 seasons in the same general location each year so they can reuse and repurpose props, challenges and production camps

on the low its a cash cow for cbs

this is season 33

season 34 was already filmed and finished which will air in late january or early february
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    survivor austrailia just ended crazy. i seriously didn't see that one coming. it really came down to the last speech which i haven't seen in a while in the u.s. version.
  • ckfree
    Options
    ive been hearing that season was blowing the US version away

im gonna have to catch that online somewhere
  • ckfree
    Options
    i love michaela so much

she a beast

which will become her downfall

not her brutal bluntness
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i love michaela so much

she a beast

which will become her downfall

not her brutal bluntness

Welp..... the reaction was great tv tho.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    damn. not Michaela
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    I can't understand the logic of "let's vote out somebody who has basically sworn her allegiance to us and wins challenges before the merge" because she's smart.

Take her smart ass out when you get to the final four then not when numbers and loyalty actually matter.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    They lucky the merge is next episode cause they would've been losing challenges
  • ckfree
    Options
    that was one of the best tribals ive seen in some time

michaela was genuinely hurt like few others have ever been and jays reaction to being called out was ruthless homes

https://streamable.com/g6dm

'yeah, it was me....

*remorseless glare*

? SIR

as soon as she did the shells and rocks you could see a laser dot on her neck

a lot of men are already threatened by a strong, intelligent women but i think one of jays motives was michaela knowing that he had an idol and knowing michaela would as she herself said 'snitch' -- when it suited her -- but he couldnt say that to will since he also knows jay has an idol

so i wanna believe the tipping point for him was that she knew about his idol

had she not i think she would still be in the game

only explanation because i dont see how this is good at all for him -- voting out an ally who has your back is never a good move and neither is ? over someone else (hannah) who has no reason to trust him at the merge now and his hand is played to everyone in the game
  • ckfree
    Options
    high praise from probst:

I love Michaela. I loved her the minute I met her. I would be so proud if she was my daughter because she is really principled, very bright, extremely driven and ultimately a truly likable person. But in the game of Survivor, if you are going to be a person who “spikes” as Michaela does, then you have to know you risk offending some people. Her game must center on making sure the people she intends to put on the jury are people who respect her enough to look past her outbursts.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/26/survivor-jeff-probst-millennials-vs-gen-x-panic-attack

jeff only very rarely notices the female players as anything other than a component of the game somewhere on the periphery -- sometimes as an amusement -- sometimes as an annoyance -- but almost always on the periphery rather than in the core of the game -- even the female winners dont make much of a mark with him

michaela the GOAT
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn... Just caught up on the last few episodes. I hate to see Michaela go..but I'm not surprised. She really was a threat. I see the logic of getting her out while you can. Maybe he went for it a little too early. Then again, when the individual challenges started, who would be able to out physical or out think her? Not many. She's like Jeremy from last year but smarter and more outspoken.

At this point, all of the people have physical or intellectual weaknesses except the big red head lawyer. Him and Hawaii dude are my frontrunners. I do want Hannah to get revenge before she goes home.
  • ckfree
    Options
    jays 'kingpin' standing lasted about 18 minutes

there are still too many people there for me to be able to tell whos who and the ones i do recognize i dont care about

and it turns out the twitchy, paranoid, neurotic david has a far better understanding of the social dynamics of the game than i thought

hes the only person to vote correctly at every tribal council
  • ckfree
    Options
    the person that wants you out is going to hang out with their loved one for 24 hours?!?!?!

BAM

? you

go back to camp!!!!

that steal a reward that adam has could be hilarious