So.. The "Good" Cops across Amerikkka have killed over 800 people so far...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

But.. but.. There's a "War on Cops"…

Comments

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So according to this statistic:

As of 9-27-16

13 = Native American
    197 = Black
    130 = Hispanic/Latino
    393 = White
    13 = Asian/Pacific Islander
    55 = Other/Unknown

They're saying White people are being killed by the police at twice the rate of Black people in America.

Am I reading this right?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    T/s, I take it that you are being sarcastic when you refer to "good" cops killing all those people, meaning that they are actually bad.

But are all those shootings unjustified? I doubt it.

So the fact that all the cops involved killed someone doesn't show that they are bad cops.

Could it be that they are bad anyway, though not in virtue of killing someone?

That is still a possibility. But I myself am not inclined to think that "all" cops are bad -- every single one of them. (Even failing to speak out against bad cops doesn't make cops bad all by itself, for there are real costs of speaking out. Put another way, while speaking out might be admirable, failing to speak out might not be blameworthy if reprisals are likely to follow.)

PS. If you are going to flag this, can you please explain exactly what I said that is wrong?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yo Talent, the number is crazy if even each and every one of those killings was justified. You could argue the figure would be more dauntin' if 800 people by October had to be killed by the police. A country as rich as America shouldn't have this problem.

• MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

As of 9-27-16

13 = Native American
    197 = Black
    130 = Hispanic/Latino
    393 = White
    55 = Other/Unknown

They're saying White people are being killed by the police at twice the rate of Black people in America.

Am I reading this right?

yes it is true
  • A Talented One

As of 9-27-16

13 = Native American
    197 = Black
    130 = Hispanic/Latino
    393 = White
    55 = Other/Unknown

Am I reading this right?

No. Whites would only be killed at twice the rate of blacks if there were roughly equal numbers of whites and blacks. There are 4+ whites for every black person, which means that blacks are killed at a much higher rate than whites. If 197 blacks have been killed, there would have to be about 800 whites killed for whites to be killed at roughly the same rate.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

As of 9-27-16

13 = Native American
    197 = Black
    130 = Hispanic/Latino
    393 = White
    55 = Other/Unknown

Am I reading this right?

Combine that with the percentage of white and black citizens.

White - 63.7%
    Black or African American -12.2%
  • A Talented One
    @NeighborhoodNomad. Don't listen to Jaba Rule, my post explains it more fully.

• Jabu_Rule
    @a talented ? you gonna have to fall back with the flags if you aren't going to debate facts. You looking corny as ? right now.
  • A Talented One
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    @a talented ? you gonna have to fall back with the flags if you aren't going to debate facts. You looking corny as ? right now.

Wtf man. It was a joke.

Still, truth be told, I did explain it more fully (not that what you said was wrong).
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2016
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

Wtf man. It was a joke.

Still, truth be told, I did explain it more fully (not that what you said was wrong).

Not that it's important to this discussion, but i changed my name from FuriousOne to Jabu_Rule because you exist. Our names were too close and i didn't want to be associated. No joke.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

As of 9-27-16

13 = Native American
    197 = Black
    130 = Hispanic/Latino
    393 = White
    55 = Other/Unknown

Am I reading this right?

No. Whites would only be killed at twice the rate of blacks if there were roughly equal numbers of whites and blacks. There are 4+ whites for every black person, which means that blacks are killed at a much higher rate than whites. If 197 blacks have been killed, there would have to be about 800 whites killed for whites to be killed at roughly the same rate.

The numbers are saying 801 people have been killed by police in the us. Of those 801 people, 197 of them have been Black, and 393 have been White. One of my many questions about this stat is if there have been twice as many murders of White people by the police than Black people, why have I never heard about even one?

And if this stat is true, do most White people believe those 393 killings were justified?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

As of 9-27-16

13 = Native American
    197 = Black
    130 = Hispanic/Latino
    393 = White
    55 = Other/Unknown

Am I reading this right?

The numbers are saying 801 people have been killed by police in the us. Of those 801 people, 197 of them have been Black, and 393 have been White. One of my many questions about this stat is if there have been twice as many murders of White people by the police than Black people, why have I never heard about even one?

And if this stat is true, do most White people believe those 393 killings were justified?

By and large they don't care enough to make it an issue. The Internet is there. You don't need CNN. If they did care enough, there would be a ground swell movement or militia taking their grievances straight to their local politicians and the media. They wouldn't settle for marching around in the streets on some MLK ? . Them not caring how they are treated should have no bearing about how blacks feel about police killing blacks though.

Whites have shown they are willing to sacrifice a small number in order to ensure the system as is remains in place. Them calling the police in question in mass will only validate us...thus they shut up overall and say police are justified. Truth be told, poor whites are so stupefied by whites in power, they don't realize how bad they get played because they as long as they are white they view them selves higher on the pecking order than blacks. But give them a gun and reasons to hate and they're happy playing cop or living through other euro American symbolisms.

It's not just police murders..it's the whole system of over policing and subsequent which leads to traffic schools being filled which blacks and the rest of the judicial racket (non violent drug offender imprisonment) that feeds off non-whites. Entire towns are based around the prison economy.

Police murders are a terrible visible symptom of the bigger sickness.

As far as blacks, we are already propagandized as criminals. The more you're accepted to be a criminal the more criminally you will be treated including murdered by police seen as acceptable.