I just listened to Michael Jackson for the first time in the last three years . . .

Comments

• BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving this thread...
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike been ? it up since the 60s.. Givin us over 50 yrs of epicness..

? cant even name 20songs by Prince let along sing along.

Get the ? outta here..

Prince got over 30 albums bruh so dont do that
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cried when Mike died..

and im not ashamed to admit it.

now guess who i didnt cry for when they died!?!

ill wait..

Why would you cry for either MJ or Prince? That's doing entirely too much, bruh.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cried when Mike died..

and im not ashamed to admit it.

now guess who i didnt cry for when they died!?!

ill wait..

Don't worry... All the bad ? shed tears when the Purple one passed.
  • D0wn

Get the ? outta here..
    One. u can't name 20 songs. Dont mean nobody else can.

Do It All Night, ? Created Woman, Wasted Kisses, Lady Cab Driver, Some Times it snows in April, Skandalous, Joy In Repitation, The Future, AnotherLover, Come On, Around The World In A Day, Soft and Wet, Automatic, Ballad Of Dorthy Parker, Greatest Romance Ever Sold, New Power Generation, 7, Somethings in the Water....

I aint even name the hits, or the semi hits ? ....

Also explain y his concerts stay sold out???... and Prince don't even perform his hits.
    not even Prince know what Song he'll perform, He just bust them joints out at shows randomly.
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »

Get the ? outta here..

Do It All Night, ? Created Woman, Wasted Kisses, Lady Cab Driver, Some Times it snows in April, Skandalous, Joy In Repitation, The Future, AnotherLover, Come On, Around The World In A Day, Soft and Wet, Automatic, Ballad Of Dorthy Parker, Greatest Romance Ever Sold, New Power Generation, 7, Somethings in the Water....

Also explain y his concerts stay sold out???... and Prince don't even perform his hits.
    not even Prince know what Song he'll perform, He just bust them joints out at shows randomly.

No one has heard of most of those songs. Prince wasn't really pop music in my opinion. Two different lanes
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logic Last wrote: »

Get the ? outta here..

No one has heard of most of those songs. Prince wasn't really pop music in my opinion. Two different lanes

Shut your ? up. Prince wasn't pop?

He's the reason there's parental advisory stickers on albums.
  • D0wn
    edited October 2016

Get the ? outta here..

Cosign...
    Prince wasn't Pop, yet most of the world stopped at drop of a dime, and paid respects when he died....
    Some underground Artist.

I know @BOSSExcellence IS gonna rush in here to highlight how the whole world paid respects... Yes Mike was bigger than Prince.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    [

Get the ? outta here..

Yes Mike was bigger than Prince.

raw
  • D0wn

Get the ? outta here..

1St off . I didn't even name the hits to prove my point...
    I didn't name Little Red Corvette, 1999, Delirous, She's Always In My Hair, ? City, Love Bizzare, ? Mind, Uptown, Work, Controversy, I Wanna Be Your Lover, Why U Wanna Treat Me So Bad, Pop Life, Raspberry Berret, Kiss, If I was Your Girl friend, Girls and Boys, U Got The Look, Alphabet Street, Signs O The Time, Diamonds and Pearls, Cream, Most Beautiful Girl in The World, Love Sign...

I didn't mention the hits he wrote for Morris Day and the Times, Andre Cymone, Jesse Johnson... Vanity, Applonia, Sheena Easton...

Also How was Prince not pop when he was the second biggest artist in the 80's???
    And was responsible for one of the two biggest impactful album in the 80's...

Ironically on my list above, I didn't even name a song off of Purple Rain.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Speaking of Prince, I watch this once a week...

https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

Prince left earth with this.

Homie was like let me show yall how to really play this mfer since yall don't know how it's done.
  • CapitalB

Get the ? outta here..

exactly..
    quality >>> quantity..

Prince had allllll the time in the world to make insignificant tracks..
    meanwhile Mike was "healing the world makin it a better place.. for u and for me and the entire human race." hahahaha

Prince top 20 aint ? wit Mike's top 20 bet that!
  • D0wn
    edited October 2016
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Speaking of Prince, I watch this once a week...

https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

His superbowl performance when he was performing Jimi Hendrix Along The Watch Tower, and went directly into The Foo Fighter Best Of U... :'(
    5:23-8:21
    https://youtu.be/2Lml63hyiWc?t=5m23s

Godly.....
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can never really compare MJ and Prince.
    They had two different styles and both were part of groups with two different styles.
    MJ comes from Motown and The Jackson 5 soul style and Prince comes from that Funk and Graham Central style.
    Just because MJ didnt play every instrument doesn't make him a complete artist.
    People seem to forget James Brown didn't play every instrument but, people still call him a complete artist even 80% of his records is the band getting it and JB talking jibbersh (i am a James Brown fan).
    MJ knew what he wanted and would sing the parts, same thing JB did.
    MJ is my favorite but i love JB, Stevie and Prince as well.
  • D0wn
    mannnn. get this ? the. ? .. outta here!!!
    Ridin our ? coattail..

how bout yall go make a Prince thread and watch it struggle to get to a second page..

Mike in the Reason doin numbers..
    u know why!?! cause he's a ? ? ! lol

Lmao @ this ? knowing damn well, all this Prince ? got him rethinking his stance on Mike.

• CapitalB
    mannnn. get this ? the. ? .. outta here!!!
    Ridin our ? coattail..

how bout yall go make a Prince thread and watch it struggle to get to a second page..

Mike in the Reason doin numbers..
    u know why!?! cause he's a ? ? ! lol

Lmao @ this ? knowing damn well, all this Prince ? got him rethinking his stance on Mike.

lol ? no!

and i love me some Prince..
    but Mike is to be worshipped ? ! amen. hahaha

• D0wn

Get the ? outta here..

exactly..
    quality >>> quantity..

meanwhile Mike was "healing the world makin it a better place.. for u and for me and the entire human race." hahahaha

Im not even gonna lie... Prince could of slowed down especially in the 90's when he was dropping triple albums every 3 months.. like ? slow the ? down, ppl are tryna take it in the last triple album.

I'll say this tho, because of the quantity of music Prince has, no musical artist in earth's history has the musical range of Prince .

• CapitalB

Get the ? outta here..

exactly..
    quality >>> quantity..

Im not even gonna lie... Prince could of slowed down especially in the 90's when he was dropping triple albums every 3 months.. like ? slow the ? down, ppl are tryna take it in the last triple album.

I'll say this tho, because of the quantity of music Prince has, no musical artist in earth's history has the musical range of Prince .

all thats fine and dandy..
    he aint the ? tho..

had yall not came in here tryin to steal Mike's glow ? would be more inclined to give a ? his props..

Prince is that dude.. hands down.. BUT WE TALKIN ABOUT MIKE HERE! im jus sayin..

• Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First it was Bobby Brown
    Then it was Al. B. Sure
    Now it's Prince

Who's next El Debarge?

4z0gk7w8zg21.gif

so disrespectful with these comparisions
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First it was Bobby Brown
    Then it was Al. B. Sure
    Now it's Prince

Who's next El Debarge?

4z0gk7w8zg21.gif

How about Barry Manilow? The most soulful soul singer to ever live.
    Screenshot_Uncle_Ruckus_Reality_Show.JPG
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    south4life wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    I dare anyone to dispute the greatness of this ? here. Been my favorite MJ song since I was a kid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-3JYuv9w4U

The demo version is so smooth too.

So ? dope...I'm smoking a blunt right now listening to it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3v4v3G-PVE

Mayne, ain't nobody phuckin' w/ that nikka!! lol.... That ? too cold!

This ? could come out tomorrow and be outta here (a hit) if the RIGHT artist did it.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole Mike/Prince arguments once again... LOL

I always compare them to two HipHop greats; Jay-Z (Mike) and NaS (Prince) if you've followed their musical careers. Jigga always admired NaS and wanted him on his records, but the latter wasn't too bothered. However over time Jay acquired wealth, fame and record sales and commercial success in abundance compared to NaS...

Michael it was noted was secretly in awe of Prince. There were accounts of Mike sneaking into a private viewing of Purple Rain when it dropped. There was a picture here dropped of Mike reading the papers with a Prince article. Then of course the collabo on 'Bad' that Prince declined...

Prince was his own master in the music industry and didn't hire no writers or give a ? about no one: made music whenever he wanted and was the pioneer of independence of a recording artiste from record labels

Mike became larger than life and had countries giving him military guard of honours that are afforded presidents and heads of State...

But I'll say currently I'm rocking Prince music more cos his discography is extensive and I'm just learning new music. Dude was a workaholic
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First it was Bobby Brown
    Then it was Al. B. Sure
    Now it's Prince

Who's next El Debarge?

4z0gk7w8zg21.gif

Bobby Brown and Al B Sure are BS comparisons, bur Prince is a legit comparison.

I mostly listen to sports talk radio and both Mike and Prince got treated on there when they died like when Ali died.