The Logic Of Not Voting ?

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Considering that voting is free and somebody's going to get elected anyway - can somebody explain what's the benefit of not voting ?

Specifically in reference to elections like the present, where you might not be feeling none of the candidates, but you know that one is worse than the others.

What's wrong with voting for the lesser evil ?

In other words, how does it help to not vote ?

The Logic Of Not Voting ? 45 votes

There's some logic to it.
55%
mrrealonedamnkp5th Letterleftcoastkevlord nemesisTrillaaaaaaemaculatekingblaze84bless the childCapitalBThe Lonious MonkBussy_Getta NothingButTheTruthJokerzWyldnumbaz...80's babyHafBaykedtwentyfivelightersxxCivicxxSplackavelliluke1733 25 votes
There's absolutely no logic to it.
44%
a.mannStewPanchoYoSanchoMr.LVNCswagMister B.silverfoxxWestieKing_MeTrillfateInglewood_BmanofmorehouseWYRMDazzling A Talented Onesmp4lifeAP21Peace_795onblackhandsideJoshuaMoshua  20 votes

Comments

• prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    There's a lot of people that don't want to give their vote to neither Trump or Hillary and it seems to be some tension about it. Especially within the black community. The ones that are voting for Hillary are saying they need to cast their vote for Hillary to keep Trump out of office or the country will be going backwards again.

I personally feel that if you don't want to vote than don't because it's your right to have a choice. But you also lose the right to complain as well since you didn't participate.

Thoughts?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really truthfully they were not going to vote anyway. Everybody I know that votes on the regular is at least going to vote for the local election. And the impulse will be to vote for the presidential race anyway.
    But you also lose the right to complain as well since you didn't participate

Exactly
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's ABSOLUTE logic to it..
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black folks are like ? Clinton I'm just not voting for anybody in the election.. Meanwhile, there are many white folks who said they don't like Trump straight jumping on his side all of a sudden. Even "lying" Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump. White folks are loyal to the Republican party while people are telling black folks not to be loyal to the Democratic party. Wonder how many Hilary haters are going to vote Trump.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I fully support it because the Democrats need to feel some pain and be out of power on the federal and state level for taking black people for granted for the past 50 years.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's ABSOLUTE logic to it..

What's the logic then fam ?

I'm not even trying to knock another point of view, just trying to understand it.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're trying to get out of jury duty at the federal or state level, your best chance of doing so is by never registering to vote or canceling your current voter registration. As important as the right to vote is, many Americans opt out of voting to avoid being called for jury duty.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i try not to engage idiots and let them be.. the beauty in that is they never know who they are
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can somebody please tell me what makes Trump so bad? I have not been following it much but he always seems like a cool down to earth kind of guy, what has he done that was so bad?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Black folks are like ? Clinton I'm just not voting for anybody in the election.. Meanwhile, there are many white folks who said they don't like Trump straight jumping on his side all of a sudden. Even "lying" Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump. White folks are loyal to the Republican party while people are telling black folks not to be loyal to the Democratic party. Wonder how many Hilary haters are going to vote Trump.

Black people don't have anywhere near as much clout or power as white people in this country, so stop acting like they're equivalent. White people determine the president year after year. Black people didn't get the half breed into office, white people did.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i try not to engage idiots and let them be.. the beauty in that is they never know who they are

Do you engage people period?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ? literally sacrifice their life for this nation in every capacity one can imagine, we paid n continue to pay a higher premium for this ? , short of maybe natives, than ANYONE. N that's not up for debate

but the buck supposed to stop feelin certain ways about ? at voting or lack their of?

I know this nation treats us like were guests, but you don't have to place your damn self in that box...
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ? on the IC:

"This election choosing between the main choices is like choosing between getting punched and getting shot."

"So I'm not gonna vote... though that might mean I get shot."

Sounds perfectly logical to me.
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a rebellious thing, a form of protest, people don't want to be followers or sheep... but not voting solves nothing.
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    If you pay taxes how do you lose the right to complain?

You can complain but it will go on deaf ears to the ones that voted because you could've had a hand to prevent all that. The power in voting. At the same time I agree with what @BOSSExcellence said. If the candidate you voted for come in and ? up some ? they need to be quite too because you voted that ? in.