The Logic Of Not Voting ?

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care. Vote, don't vote me nor anyone else really cares. Its not like its going to come down to Jojo from the block's opinion anyway.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Electoral College...
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    There's absolutely no logic to it.
    It disgust me
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tell the truth and say you wasn't gettin your(my) lazy ass up and turnin off the madden long enough to vote any damn way
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the OP, the logic behind voting is, it is MY CHOICE AND RIGHT to decide if I want to vote or not. There has to be a candidate that I deem worthy enough to spend time out of day to go out and vote for. If there is no candidate that fits the bill, I will not vote, simple logic.

Then there's the personal accountability that comes with voting. If I vote for president X, and president X bombs a foreign land killing civilians, women and children, I am partially responsible. And I refuse to have that kind of blood on my hands.

To quote the great Dead Prez:

Yo, you expect me to vote for the lesser of two evils?
    NEVER!
    It’s more like the evil of two lessers.
    That’s like sayin’ – M! Choose your oppressor!
    Pick one! Jeffery Dahmer or Hannibal Lecter
    You want ? , Coke, Pepsi or Dr. Pepper?
    THEY ALL ? UP and neither one of ‘em better
    Cuz ? is like a Democrat
    ? – Republican
    Marijuana – Independent Party
    SAME GOVERNMENT!
    You really think your vote counts?
    Ask my folk down in Florida didn’t they straight THROW they ? out!
    And them crackas act innocent,
    KNOWING they depend on this
    Benefit from HUSH money from big businesses
    MONEY is the president!
    If CONGRESS can’t make PROGRESS
    Let’s change the PROCESS -
    NO MORE TOMS RUNNIN’ FOR OFFICE!

GOAT'd for the Dead Prez quote.

I respect somebody saying it's their right to choose not to vote.

Some MFs tho seem like they want to be able to gloat about it after the fact - like fast forward 2 years (if Hillary wins) and stop and cops still gettin' away with murder:

"See, that's why I laugh at y'all ? who voted for this Killary ? , etc..."

It's like bruh - you think MFs like her or some ? or just dealing with our options ?

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't vote for people I don't like. Its pointless and you masses will be lead to your own destruction, enjoy you deserve every bit of it
  • Inglewood_B
    caddo man wrote: »
    Really truthfully they were not going to vote anyway. Everybody I know that votes on the regular is at least going to vote for the local election. And the impulse will be to vote for the presidential race anyway.
    But you also lose the right to complain as well since you didn't participate

Exactly

This... To be quite honest.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some logic to it.
    7figz wrote: »
    there's ABSOLUTE logic to it..

What's the logic then fam ?

I'm not even trying to knock another point of view, just trying to understand it.

There has never been a single president in all of American history that has done anything specifically for the benefit of black people

Aside from that, the popular vote is complete irrelevant and only serves to make the average American feel like they contributed to picking a president even though they're normally pre-selected 3-4 years in advance

Aside from that, regardless who become president, they have to answer to the banks/private sector, not the other way around
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Electoral College...

I respect this opinion too - at least it has logic to it. Never fully understood how that ? worked.

But then again, it doesn't take much to vote. It's free, WTF right ?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Part of my issue is that I don't understand why people feel like they can't vote for anyone other than Trump or Clinton. Vote for whatever candidate on the ballot you feel will best lead the country. If you don't feel like any of them can...then write in a candidate that you think can get the job done.

Funny this about that...muthafuccas act like they were FORCED to choose those two.

Where was all these Sanders supporters at during the primaries??

Where was all those "Not Trump" supporters at?

Apparently the AMERICAN PEOPLE didn't feel Sanders or the other GOP candidates were good enough. B/c they were the ones who nominated Clinton and Trump.
  • Inglewood_B
    edited September 2016
    I don't vote for people I don't like. Its pointless and you masses will be lead to your own destruction, enjoy you deserve every bit of it

Since we taking it to ridiculous extremes...

Whether you vote or not one of them will be elected. And if the winner decides it's time for "destruction" you aren't exemption it because you didn't vote. You gon march your goofy ass into an internment camp wishing you put your vote in for the other candidate and deserve every bit of it.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody please tell me what makes Trump so bad? I have not been following it much but he always seems like a cool down to earth kind of guy, what has he done that was so bad?

Ok, you just convinced me that religion makes some people stupid.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we agree that the presidential election if out of our hands?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    To answer the OP, the logic behind voting is, it is MY CHOICE AND RIGHT to decide if I want to vote or not. There has to be a candidate that I deem worthy enough to spend time out of day to go out and vote for. If there is no candidate that fits the bill, I will not vote, simple logic.

Then there's the personal accountability that comes with voting. If I vote for president X, and president X bombs a foreign land killing civilians, women and children, I am partially responsible. And I refuse to have that kind of blood on my hands.

NEVER!
    Cuz ? is like a Democrat
    ? – Republican
    SAME GOVERNMENT!
    MONEY is the president!

Only odd thing about this is...how do expect to change the process?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we including your state & local elections?
    No Voting on anything?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the commenters in this thread didn't vote... at least yall consistent
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I don't support any of the candidates.

At the end of the day, on an individual level I'm going to put myself in the position to be successful no matter who becomes president.

At a group level I'm going to financially support my people who I can on the ground level who are ambitious and have good business ideas.

I'm not going to go out of my way to throw political support (vote) for someone I have no confidence in.

I voted for Obama in 08 because I believed he would be a positive for black people as a group. I didn't vote in '12 because he didn't earn it. In 16' nobody has earned my vote to be a positive for black people on a group level.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    .....and further more lol at you ppl thinking your tax dollars count....at the federal level in a presidential election.

We're ALL being extorted either way..whether you vote, not vote, complain about who you voted for because you think your tax dollars had influence over that specific politician.

Try NOT paying your taxes and see what happens.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I dont give a ? what you.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

NEVER!
    Cuz ? is like a Democrat
    ? – Republican
    SAME GOVERNMENT!
    MONEY is the president!

Only odd thing about this is...how do expect to change the process?

You won't get a plausible answer to this.

But while we are waiting for it to magically change ...

Let's allow an incompetent, bigoted psychopath to run our country and destroy our relationships with the other 95% of the world.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Oh Im. Voting alright and I want to Florida posters to vote yes on amendment 2. Why should Alaska and Colorado have all the fun?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator

Since we taking it to ridiculous extremes...

Whether you vote or not one of them will be elected. And if the winner decides it's time for "destruction" you aren't exemption it because you didn't vote. You gon march your goofy ass into an internment camp wishing you put your vote in for the other candidate and deserve every bit of it.

That ? said "you masses will be lead to your own destruction" like they gonna give him a pass for not voting :joy: